DII - Wilmington - Thoughts and discussion

Possible Changes Southwest Ohio sectionals depending on enrollment number cut offs .

Possible move to D3

1. Milton union
  2. Bethel tate
  3. Waynesville
  4. Norwood
  5. Spring northwestern
  6. Blanchester

Moving to d1
`1. Belmont d1
2. Goshen up to d 1
3. Monroe up to d1

Moving to d2

1. Tecumseh comes to d2
  2. Mt healthy comes to d2
  3. Ben logan back up d2
  4. Mcnicholas d2

Graham sectional down to 9 teams with changes and Urbana was not recognized as a team due to only having 6 wrestlers .

Wilmington sectional down to 8 teams . Monroe would be borderline they have 371 so that's close to d1

Western brown sectional will lose 6 teams. They have 14 already so that brings them to 8 . That's without knowing the enrollment numbers for Aiken and Shroder they are tbd.

Central Ohio Sectional had 21 teams looks like it will be 16 total teams with enrollment and changes for this year.
Teams not recognized
Centennial , South , Johnstown , East ,
Maybe marengo hiland

D2 to d3
Heath
Have they said what the count is going to be. I know Greenon is close to 200 in football(still D5) was curious if they would be close to moving to D2 or not.

The key numbers for allocation of "sectionals" per geography are:
--which schools hit the cut to be in D2
--of those schools who is an OHSAA defined team

The next step becomes how many "teams" are there within the division in total, then how many "teams" are there within each geography.
The "ratio" is based on number of OHSAA defined teams in geography divided by OHSAA defined teams in total multipled by 16.
In theory this number would determine how many sectionals per district (however, sometimes you get weird stuff in terms of the the decimals that makes it hard to create the 4x4 fairly w/o splitting geographical districts between sectional/district tournaments).

The key numbers for allocation of "sectionals" per geography are:
--which schools hit the cut to be in D2
--of those schools who is an OHSAA defined team

The next step becomes how many "teams" are there within the division in total, then how many "teams" are there within each geography.
The "ratio" is based on number of OHSAA defined teams in geography divided by OHSAA defined teams in total multipled by 16.
In theory this number would determine how many sectionals per district (however, sometimes you get weird stuff in terms of the the decimals that makes it hard to create the 4x4 fairly w/o splitting geographical districts between sectional/district tournaments).
Tough to predict until final numbers are calculated, but what are your initial thoughts on the approximate divisional numbers? We (Butler) are 356.

Tough to predict until final numbers are calculated, but what are your initial thoughts on the approximate divisional numbers? We (Butler) are 356.
Last D1 cut off was 353 for Duals and 363 for Individual... Who knows what the state will use moving forward since the State Duals are gone...

Sounds like you'll have to wait until June to know for sure Coach

My guess is Butler [with 8 district qualifiers to KF D1 district and 2 SP's] will drop to D2 next year; stirring the pot for Wilmington District.
I expect changes for WILM District with the Central Sectional having so many kids.

I have the cut at b/n 344 and 372 for D1/D2. Depends on the official enrollment for a chunk of TBD schools that were "teams".

I have the cut at b/n 344 and 372 for D1/D2. Depends on the official enrollment for a chunk of TBD schools that were "teams".
If its 344 man there will be a whole lot of schools on the small side of d1 from SE and SW ohio. What do you think the d3 cut off would be? I would think its around 196 or so

How many champs, runner ups, placers did Wilmington get?
Wilmington districts did well…sorry if I missed anyone

- Champ Beric Jordan. (SPG)

113 -
- Champ Brogan Tucker ( SPG)
- 7th Brady Fisher (London)

- 6th Malachi O’Leary (Wyoming)

- Runner up Matt Ellis (Waynesville)
- 4th Brandon Sauter (Batavia)

- Champ David Mcclelland (Col Desales)
- 5th Alijah Stevens (Licking Valley)

- Thane McCoy (Wilmington)

- Champ (Mitchell Yoiunger)
- Runner up Nolan Geslar (SPG)
- 4th Owen Eagan

- 3rd (Oliver Byerly) Jonathon Alder
- 6th Zach Myers (Valley View)

- Champ Antwaun Burns (London)
- 2nd Gunner Gramblet SPG)
- 4th Cody Matthews
(MarengoHighland)

165 -
- 3rd Dylan Newsome (Hartley)
- 4th Thad Stuckey (Wilmington)
- 5th Luke James (SPG)
- 7th Lincoln Shulaw (Col. Desales)

- 6th Zack Burroughs (SPG)
- 7th Ryan Iams (Ross)

- Champ Carter Neves (SPG)
- 2nd Max Shulaw (Col. Desales)
- 4th Eli Emmons ( Badin)

- Champ Nolan Neves ( SPG)
- 3rd Thadd Huff (London)
- 8th Brett Brooks (Wilmington)

How many champs, runner ups, placers did Wilmington

Wilmington districts did well…sorry if I missed anyone

- Champ Beric Jordan. (SPG)

113 -
- Champ Brogan Tucker ( SPG)
- 7th Brady Fisher (London)

- 6th Malachi O’Leary (Wyoming)

- Runner up Matt Ellis (Waynesville)
- 4th Brandon Sauter (Batavia)

- Champ David Mcclelland (Col Desales)
- 5th Alijah Stevens (Licking Valley)

- Thane McCoy (Wilmington)

- Champ (Mitchell Yoiunger)
- Runner up Nolan Geslar (SPG)
- 4th Owen Eagan

- 3rd (Oliver Byerly) Jonathon Alder
- 6th Zach Myers (Valley View)

- Champ Antwaun Burns (London)
- 2nd Gunner Gramblet SPG)
- 4th Cody Matthews
(MarengoHighland)

165 -
- 3rd Dylan Newsome (Hartley)
- 4th Thad Stuckey (Wilmington)
- 5th Luke James (SPG)
- 7th Lincoln Shulaw (Col. Desales)

- 6th Zack Burroughs (SPG)
- 7th Ryan Iams (Ross)

- Champ Carter Neves (SPG)
- 2nd Max Shulaw (Col. Desales)
- 4th Eli Emmons ( Badin)

- Champ Nolan Neves ( SPG)
- 3rd Thadd Huff (London)
- 8th Brett Brooks (Wilmington)
Also from the Wilmington district:

106:

8th Logan Dean(Bethal Tate)

120:

4th Jimmy Lalezas (Taylor)
8th Aiden King (Hartley)

190:

5th Carson Miller (Granville)
8th Dillon Davidson (Taylor)

Watched clips of Ellis match circulating..bad call on reversal at end of match for him…need video review at state tournament

by my math, the D2/D3 cut is going to be 186-191, depending on those TBD's.
Then again my analysis may be imperfect due to (1) what exactly got reported as a "team" to OHSAA (2) the school enrollments ultimately change.

8977F123-BE0E-4E0E-908C-DD0841BB40FC.png

what ever district you put Graham in becomes the best district in the state. they distort the numbers no matter where they wrestle, pretty good program

what ever district you put Graham in becomes the best district in the state. they distort the numbers no matter where they wrestle, pretty good program

They may distort numbers but you cannot take away from the rest of the SW district as a whole. They wrestled well . You cant take teams out and based on those numbers that was a good district . It is what it is.

They may distort numbers but you cannot take away from the rest of the SW district as a whole. They wrestled well . You cant take teams out and based on those numbers that was a good district . It is what it is.
And likewise if you take Louisville out of their district it dramatically changes that district. Anytime you take highest scoring team out of a district it looks different. Point is the rest of the district performed better which has not always been the case