Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Norton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Triway

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
Thanks Farnsworth and Casual Fan. I'm looking forward to getting down to the Canton Fieldhouse and checking out this district tourney!

Saw Louisville for the first time last night - a 35 point blowout of Norton. I think Triway will be the 1 seed, and they deserve it based on their record - but I'd put my money on Louisville being the favorite in the district right now. They don't have anyone with overly great size, but they have decent length overall, good guard play, they can shoot it, and they play really solid defense.....

Still holding true that on any given night, especially in tournament play, I wouldn't be shocked to see any one of these teams have a misstep though.....

Coventry not playing great basketball right now - 2 consecutive losses to Cloverleaf and now Northwest. Point Guard is a heck of a player, but the ball just stops moving when he's in the game - had no real answer playing against the zone. A lot of break you down, one on one play which will not translate well in the tournament....

Saw Louisville for the first time last night - a 35 point blowout of Norton. I think Triway will be the 1 seed, and they deserve it based on their record - but I'd put my money on Louisville being the favorite in the district right now. They don't have anyone with overly great size, but they have decent length overall, good guard play, they can shoot it, and they play really solid defense.....

Still holding true that on any given night, especially in tournament play, I wouldn't be shocked to see any one of these teams have a misstep though.....

I agree . Saw them this passed weekend beat Cleveland Rhodes, a team that had only lost 1 game prior to playing Louisville . Very good guard play and rebounded well against a much bigger and more athletic team. They also play the toughest schedule in the district, should help them to be tourney ready and possibly win a district title .

The only thing might hurt Triway, getting the top seed is there two losses are to D4 schools, granted the D4 schools are pretty good teams, Berlin Hiland and South Central

Marlington may have something to say in this district. They have been playing better as the season has progressed. Don’t know if they can compete with Buchtel though

I think Louisville is the favorite here...

Buchtel and East can beat anyone in this district on any night

Northwest has a great chance to be back in the semi-final

This district is definitely wide open...

Can anyone on here list the quality wins for East and Buchtel this season? Who have they beaten that's considered good? I'm just curious. Not trying to be a jerk. Thanks.

Can anyone on here list the quality wins for East and Buchtel this season? Who have they beaten that's considered good? I'm just curious. Not trying to be a jerk. Thanks.
East beat Firestone, Buchtel, North, all good city series wins...they beat Northwest by 17, they beat Canton Central Catholic, they just beat Barberton last weekend and they only lost to Hoban by 1 point.

I'm just curious about their schedule - they are scheduled to play Marlington the last regular season game...then Marlington again in Sectional.....doubt that last game gets played right?!

Last edited:
I think Louisville is the favorite here...

Buchtel and East can beat anyone in this district on any night

Northwest has a great chance to be back in the semi-final

This district is definitely wide open...
Don't think Louisville's style can win this district, already lost to NW, I don't see them beating Triway or Buchtel.

I’m sure there will be plenty of good games in the first round, but I went and watched Marlington East and it was a great game! Hoping round 2 on Tuesday will be similar to it. East started to beat dukes up and down the court late in game and were getting lay ups

Tonight's games:

#8 East @ #1 Triway
#5 Buchtel @ #4 Fairless
-----
#7 Coventry @ #2 Louisville
#6 Northwest @ #3 Copley