Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Triway

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Who is the favorite in the Canton DII District?

Buchtel
Canton South
Copley
Coventry
East (Akron)
Fairless
Louisville
Marlington
Northwest
Norton
Springfield
Triway

Have to assume this is Buchtel and everyone else is fighting to play them in the district Championship game. With Tallamage out as the District Runner up, who do you guys see as challenging for a championship?

Anyone want to change their vote since Livingston is no longer with Buchtel?
Is it confirmed? I saw a few tweets yesterday saying he wasn't in the team picture because he simply wasn't there for simple reasons, but then others said he had transferred. I'll believe it when I see it (that he's transferred).

Triway should be decent this year, too. Tournament is a long way off. Want to win the PAC-7 first... conference should be very competitive.

Triway looks to be the #1 seed midway through the season. The race for #2 will be heating up. Buchtel and Copley are both back in the pack but might make a move soon.

Triway (9-1)
Coventry (8-4)
Louisville (6-4)
Norton (6-4)
Fairless (6-5)
Northwest (6-5)
Buchtel (6-7)
Canton South (5-6)
Marlington (5-6)
Copley (4-6)
East (3-5)
Springfield (1-10)

Enrollment is always based on grades 9-11 because kids leave or drop out before they are Seniors

Louisville is dangerous, too.
Enrollment is always based on grades 9-11 because kids leave or drop out before they are Seniors
It is also because enrollment used to be for 2 years at a time. And by the time enrollment was taken and put into effect starting the following year, the senior class had graduated and were no longer in the program, and for the most part, that prior year's 9-11 graders are the ones who would be making up the Varsity roster.

I must say, Coventry is doing a lot better then I expected this year, however, I think this group will reach their peak next season. They only graduate 1 senior.

Last edited:
This is going to be an extremely interesting District this year - no clear front runner IMO. With the exception of Springfield, I wouldn't be shocked to see any one of these teams win a game they aren't supposed to. Triway is REALLY good - but they've also played 10 games against D3 or D4 schools. Granted some GOOD D3/D4. Agree with Pitman, Louisville is a dangerous team, but then they go and lose a game recently to Northwest. Coventry is dangerous as well - but they've split with Norton, who lost to Northwest by 27 to start the season. If you look down the schedules there are a lot of teams that have already played each other or have common opponents and the wins/loses are ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Last edited:
If I was seeding them right now....probably be something similar to this....top 4 get byes and the rest are color coded by game...

#1 Triway
#2 Louisville
#3 Coventry
#4 Copley

#5 Buchtel
#6 East
#7 Fairless
#8 Marlington
#9 Northwest

#10 Norton
#11 Canton South
#12 Springfield

After losing to Hiland on 1/14, Triway just finished a stretch of 5 games in 9 days, winning all 5 against high-quality opponents such as CVCA, Oak Hill, Fairless, and last night against Marysville (D1). We finally get a break and don't play until Friday.

If I was seeding them right now....probably be something similar to this....top 4 get byes and the rest are color coded by game...

#1 Triway
#2 Louisville
#3 Coventry
#4 Copley

#5 Buchtel
#6 East
#7 Fairless
#8 Marlington
#9 Northwest

#10 Norton
#11 Canton South
#12 Springfield
Why Copley at #4? I see they're 6-7. What do you know that I don't?

Why Copley at #4? I see they're 6-7. What do you know that I don't?
I put Copley up there at the #4 seed because of their league/schedule. If Copley were in the PAC-7/City Series/PTC/EBC they would have over 10 wins right now. They started off slow and have caught fire of late. I will say my placement of Buchtel is what I most question now - I would for sure move East ahead of them and I may even bump them down further.....but talk about a team that no higher seed would want to face early in the tournament!

I've seen in person most of these teams play - its going to be a wide open district...

It is very wide open. I would also think that a lot of these teams are gonna play with a lot of heart. $V$M being out of this district, and with Buchtel struggling through the season, a lot of teams are looking to take advantage of this opportunity and advance to the region for the first time in a long time.

This district is wide open. Triway deserves the 1 seed, but there are several teams in this district who could beat them. Triway has some good wins, but their schedule is middle of the pack at best for this district.

I had no idea Copley was in D2. I've heard Buchtel has been dealing with injuries, hence their less than impressive record. Does anyone know if that's the truth?