Did Biden step in a pile when he decided nursing home staff must be vaccinated?

D4fan

Nursing homes are already short staffed what with STNA's making less to bathe and change diapers on elderly patients than they could make for most any other entry level job today.

So , short staffed homes have been offering rather aggressive bonuses to get employees to work an extra shift. That is coming to an end in a few weeks, guessing it is tied to a government supplemental program during Covid.

So now Biden orders all nursing home staff to be vaccinated. Let's suppose 60% of the workers are unvaccinated and half would rather quit than take the jab. That would mean 30% would walk away. Probably 50% of the remaining vaccinated workers would quit as well due to work load.

Did Biden just harm the care of the elderly in these homes? Would he really stop Medicare and Medicaid payments to the homes forcing them to close and put the clients back on the street to fend for themselves?

Nursing homes are already short staffed what with STNA's making less to bathe and change diapers on elderly patients than they could make for most any other entry level job today.

So , short staffed homes have been offering rather aggressive bonuses to get employees to work an extra shift. That is coming to an end in a few weeks, guessing it is tied to a government supplemental program during Covid.

So now Biden orders all nursing home staff to be vaccinated. Let's suppose 60% of the workers are unvaccinated and half would rather quit than take the jab. That would mean 30% would walk away. Probably 50% of the remaining vaccinated workers would quit as well due to work load.

Did Biden just harm the care of the elderly in these homes? Would he really stop Medicare and Medicaid payments to the homes forcing them to close and put the clients back on the street to fend for themselves?
My wife works in the field and they are panicking

What would he say to African American or Minority residents that actually enjoy living in some of these nursing homes and are very well taken care of?

My wife works in the field and they are panicking
These Anti-American Leftist clowns running this Biden Administration Chit Show are truly the dumbest people on the planet. Do they ever think anything through? Who is gonna' replace all those nursing home workers when they walk? Jeez, we've got the southern border debacle, rampant inflation, they've flushed our energy independence, this LGBTQ-"M.O.U.S.E" nonsense, and their most recent disaster in Afghanistan. Everything they touch turns to crap, and they've only been in power for six months. They gotta' be deliberately trying to run this thing into the ground. Nobody could be this stupid.

These Anti-American Leftist clowns running this Biden Administration Chit Show are truly the dumbest people on the planet. Do they ever think anything through? Who is gonna' replace all those nursing home workers when they walk? Jeez, we've got the southern border debacle, rampant inflation, they've flushed our energy independence, this LGBTQ-"M.O.U.S.E" nonsense, and their most recent disaster in Afghanistan. Everything they touch turns to crap, and they've only been in power for six months. They gotta' be deliberately trying to run this thing into the ground. Nobody could be this stupid.
Hospital nurses have left also. It's a total sheet show.

Well, since the vaccine propaganda and vaccine mandates for business are meant to control the population and ruin lives along with the economy, this makes perfect sense. I’m frightened by those who haven’t figured this out yet.

The Military Industrial Complex is being joined by the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex in running our country and the world. Hang on tight, folks. It’s going to be a scary ride.

Another government over reach. Mandate everyone on government assistance get the vaccine, shut down the southern border. Until they do this, there is nothing they say that should be taken seriously

Specifically what he mandated is they (nursing homes) must if they want to continue to receive taxpayer funding.

I think what you will see is far more nurses and nursing homes comply, which in the end, imo, the safety of the elderly in their care will outweigh the impact of unvaccinated staff who would rather quit.

Btw the UNvaxxed are also responsible for short-staffed homes and overworked/stressed nurses. This isn't a one-way street. "Most" nurses know better and many do not want to work in such a callous and ignorant environment.

This administration has built an excellent track record of leaving people to die, between this and Afghanistan.

Specifically what he mandated is they (nursing homes) must if they want to continue to receive taxpayer funding.

I think what you will see is far more nurses and nursing homes comply, which in the end, imo, the safety of the elderly in their care will outweigh the impact of unvaccinated staff who would rather quit.

Btw the UNvaxxed are also responsible for short-staffed homes and overworked/stressed nurses. This isn't a one-way street. "Most" nurses know better and many do not want to work in such a callous and ignorant environment.
You’ll see the nursing homes try to comply. The staff? We shall see, I don’t think you realize the resolve of some of the anti vaccers or how short staffed nursing homes already are

Going to strongly agree with Zeeman's points on the issue.

You seem to be thinking like Biden. Many nurses and nurses aids are avoiding the vax like the plague. They are already short staffed and this may topple the system if allowed to be implemented. If you believe the vaccine is safe then you logically believe pushing the staff to take it is a good thing.

Many do not believe vaccines are safe and will quit before taking one. Then the overworked remaining staff are likely to throw in the towel. How can you say the unvaxxed are responsible for staff shortages if the majority of workers are unvaxxed? Seems to me without the unvaxxed the shortage would be worse.

I would say if Biden makes it impossible for the unvaxxed to work, it is his policy that would be making staff shortages.

Unvaxxed nurses taking care of elderly often with poor preexisting conditions I think is riskier. People pay good money for good care. And their (nurses) "beliefs" that the vaccine is unsafe is a belief based on nothing. Therefore they can join the unemployment ranks - cuz that'll show those old folks! Pitiful. Kinda like dealing with terrorists actually. I don't think we should be catering to flat earthers in our health system.

You’ll see the nursing homes try to comply. The staff? We shall see, I don’t think you realize the resolve of some of the anti vaccers or how short staffed nursing homes already are
100% correct. I just read an article from Maine discussing their October 1st deadline for healthcare workers to receive the vaccine. Managers are already panicking about shortages of workers... One person said "I'm not quitting so we will see what happens October 1st."

Beyond just healthcare, I think corporations view wanting their employees to get vaccinated as a matter of limiting their own risk... So yeah, they'll push for people to get vaccinated, but when push comes to shove they're going to look at the risk of wrongful-termination lawsuits and a shortage of employees and they are going to panic. In fact, I think they are already panicking...

Math never was their strong suit...

Unvaxxed nurses taking care of elderly often with poor preexisting conditions I think is riskier. People pay good money for good care. And their (nurses) "beliefs" that the vaccine is unsafe is a belief based on nothing. Therefore they can join the unemployment ranks - cuz that'll show those old folks! Pitiful. Kinda like dealing with terrorists actually. I don't think we should be catering to flat earthers in our health system.
So...people who don't take the experimental vaccine are terrorists and flat earthers now? Interesting take. Kind of stupid but consider the source.

But there is actually evidence the vaccine can be harmful to some. As long as the patients are vaccinated that is what we want.

So...people who don't take the experimental vaccine are terrorists and flat earthers now? Interesting take. Kind of stupid but consider the source.

But there is actually evidence the vaccine can be harmful to some. As long as the patients are vaccinated that is what we want.

Oh want the patients to be vaccinated but not the people giving it to them. Ok.

And yes. In this matter (hospitals and nursing homes) we do not negotiate with either. At least w/out something more rational or evidence-based (and there are some exceptions) than "mark of the beast" or magnetic tracking.

Who do you think took care of these elderly from the moment the virus hit and Covid was pretty common in nursing homes, until there actually was a vaccine? Why punish the same people who willingly accepted contracting Covid as part of their job and who now have natural immunity? By the way, the arguments for potential long term problems from the vaccine are complex and really can't be debated effectively on here.

You’re an idiot, without these stupid nurses where will your old be?

Oh want the patients to be vaccinated but not the people giving it to them. Ok.

And yes. In this matter (hospitals and nursing homes) we do not negotiate with either. At least w/out something more rational or evidence-based (and there are some exceptions) than "mark of the beast" or magnetic tracking.
Well, we know vaccinated can and do still spread the virus the same as the unvaccinated. So whether the nurses are vaccinated or not is irrelevant. Maybe you missed the subtle shift from the vaccine slowing the spread to the vaccine helping keep you from getting that sick. So yes, vaccinate the patients (they are the most at risk anyway) and let the nurses decide for themselves what they want to do.

Negotiate with who about what? People's rights to decide their own healthcare? You're right, it's non-negotiable. Every citizen should be able to decide what is best for them.

Last edited:

I have 2 daughters who are nurses in nursing homes. Only about 30% of the staff is vaccinated. My daughters are already seeking employment elsewhere because there will either be a large lockout or walkout and those left will be way over worked.

This is a terrible policy decision. Nothing positive will result.

My daughters routinely have 36 patients under their watch per nurses aid.

The one nursing home was nearly closed by the state because of lack of staff. They were given 24hrs to hire enough staff or move patients out.

They won't be unemployed. Hospitals will snatch them up in a heartbeat.

Secure border, neutralized Afghanistan, relative calm in the Middle East, lower taxes, inexpensive gas and nat gas, energy independence, and low inflation. All that vs. the sh!!-show we now have in just 7 months. Literally unbelievable.

Liberalism is indeed a mental illness.
You forgot mean tweets...

That Trumps everything.

My daughters routinely have 36 patients under their watch per nurses aid.

The one nursing home was nearly closed by the state because of lack of staff. They were given 24hrs to hire enough staff or move patients out.
It Is at a point in the last two years where it is truly scary, between families not being able to see their loved ones to the drop in available staff to now forcing staff to vaccinate. This is across all health care facilities and I truly fear for the patients.

It Is at a point in the last two years where it is truly scary, between families not being able to see their loved ones to the drop in available staff to now forcing staff to vaccinate. This is across all health care facilities and I truly fear for the patients.
One daughter worked in the Covid wing for 6 months straight. She was tested daily. She never contracted the virus while unvacinated.

If you follow proper protocols it is effective against transmission.