DI SW Regional Final: Springboro v. Moeller

Who wins?

• Springboro

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Moeller

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

What killed Centerville was the relentless speed of Moeller. The Elks had a rough time spreading the ball around as each player had an in your face swam around them.
If Moeller plays like that again, they'll win.

What killed Centerville was the relentless speed of Moeller. The Elks had a rough time spreading the ball around as each player had an in your face swam around them.
If Moeller plays like that again, they'll win.
Moeller's press was fantastic and they really gained momentum in the second half. However, Centerville didn't ask that many questions of their backs. In fact, outside of their goal 4 minutes in, Centerville looked a bit lost entering the final third.

At this point in the tournament, I feel like it's fairly wide open. Having seen the Springboro v. Centerville game in the regular season, Centerville clearly was the better team that night. Moeller's pressing and speed could cause similar issues for Boro as well.

I am just now becoming a soccer fan ,having basketball being my number one sport as far as playing and coaching. I have no opinion on the outcome because I haven't seen Springboro play this season. I have watched Moeller and they are very good defensively but sometimes struggle to score. Which I realize at this level that is common. I was amazed at the size difference of the players between Moeller and Centerville. Centerville looked like grown men out there and Moeller was physically undersized. That being said I believe Centerville was mainly seniors with a few juniors mixed in . Moeller is very young with maybe only 4 senior starters, the rest juniors and one freshman. Their first 3 guys off the bench I believe were sophomores. The future looks good for Moeller. I expect another 1-0 or overtime game on Saturday. Good luck to both teams.

I'll take Moeller.

Springboro will most likely need to play a tight, defensive game and capitalize on a set piece, counter, or half opportunity to win.

I have a tournament superstition that the "inferior" team rarely wins twice in a row. Boro got past Mason and all the credit in the world to them for it. But it's hard to overcome superior talent twice.

good luck and health to both