Dewine today....what do you think?

tcgobucks

So Dewine is talking today at 5:30. Sure sounds like he's going to be making some pretty big announcements. There's no way this idiot will shut down fall sports with 2 weeks to go like he did to winter last year......is there? He mentioned yesterday that it doesn't seem like bars/restaurants aren't a huge cause of the upturn in cases so they may be safe for now. Gotta think that weddings are going to be severely restricted...as that seems like it's been a big part of why the case count has gone up. Also schools? Even though there aren't huge amounts of sick kids. Gonna be interesting

Last edited:

We're going to get a stern talking to.. He's in a tough spot. If he does nothing the cautious will pi$$ and moan. If he cracks down, those on the other side will complain. Rather than take a side and risk alienating half of the people he'll do nothing and anger everyone.

I agree with stern talking to us Ohioans. Shutdown month and a half or so before Christmas will crush Ohio’s economy and any chance Dictator DeWine would have at ever being re-elected. He will really have his hands full if getting married (somewhat normal setting) is not alright but rioting is!

He's just going to again plead with Ohioans to behave and make good decisions, only this time with a holiday theme, and again to no avail. He's not wrong, and we obviously have a problem, but he's apparently lost his nerve to do anything other than that. He won't touch fall sports, they only have 10 or so more days to get through.

The games this week get played. If we’re pushing 10k daily cases and 5k in the hospital early/mid-week, I think all bets are off for next weekend.

We are fortunate the playoffs are wrapping up when they are this year. I think it would have been unlikely the playoffs would have been able to finish with the usual early December finish.

He will threaten to close Ohio down. He will blame college football but not pro football. He will say we should not have thanksgiving gatherings even though he never said we should not riot. Nor did he frown on super spreader events held by Trump.

will cancel Thanksgiving, an all stores will make you register your turkey so they can check if you have more then three people in your house Geeeeesh
Or stores will be required to put a cap on the size of turkeys available for sale and the number of turkeys sold on your store member card. This would then limit the number of people you could feed. ;)

Can I ask a question? When was the last time Dewine had a press conference and announced anything? He doesn't do that. This will be another speech telling us if we don't start wearing masks (we are) or staying home we are all going to die. He might cry and tell us to do it for our grandparents. Then he will tell us a story how some party got a bunch of people sick and someone died. If he wanted to shut things down, it would come in a mandate at midnight on a Friday night. That's how it works. In the mean time live your damn life, wash your hands, wear a mask if you want and move on.

Sing to the tune of "If your happy and you know it"

At the top of every hour wash your hands

At the top of every hour wash your hands

At the top of every hour help the germs lose all their power

At the top of every hour wash your hands.

"don't be a Dope wash with soap "

1605117287014.jpg

the OHSAA is starting to look like a genius for shortening the season. as other posters said, we may not get through the season if it ended in december.

the OHSAA is starting to look like a genius for shortening the season. as other posters said, we may not get through the season if it ended in december.

Don't feel great about the winter sports having much of a season. Spiking numbers plus indoor sports aren't a great combo. Hard to imagine those seasons starting until after New Years.

Has there been any cases of fans spreading the virus at football games? I heard this morning that they have zero reports of athletes spreading the virus to other athletes during game play. Seems pretty safe to play football and basketball.

The OHSAA was forced to shorten their season by directive of the Governor's office...not that anyone on this board is prepared to give them any credit.

Dewine will bring a guitar to the podium and sing:

"And it's one, two, three,
What are we masking for?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
A political hack I am;
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we're all gonna die."

Has there been any cases of fans spreading the virus at football games? I heard this morning that they have zero reports of athletes spreading the virus to other athletes during game play. Seems pretty safe to play football and basketball.
No athletes are getting it from other athlete's because there is no post game handshake.........

Dewine will do his job and then crybabies will piss and moan about it. Will he close Ohio? No not with Holiday shopping happening. Will he threaten to close it down after the holidays? Probably, and the way idiots don't care that we have 50,000 new cases in less than two weeks is the joke.