DeWine: School Buildings will not reopen this Spring

Its done...

People have to look deeper into what he said and Paolo said...Its not just this school year that is going to impact students in 2021 and beyond..
Look for student instruction to change and sports or co/extra curricular to be on hold indefinitely..
Especially; with the proposed cuts for public education of 20 to 50%...

Lets all hope we can get back to a semi normal come August...If not it may be like FOX Sports predicted this morning.
The sad thing is locally in Cincinnati UC has already cut men's soccer...

Last edited:
If school sports are cut, then rec and club teams will fill in in season. Maybe they can pay rent and get the schools back up and running.

Every major summer tournament uses a large facility either school district/university/city owned. I am afraid that the chances they allow use this summer is slim to none. Berliner, OSU, Olentangy schools to name a few. Compuware in Detroit area... I am just thinking out loud. It is very sad.

What did Fox Sports predict?
They reported on the letter sent to NCAA president Mark Emmert from 5 conference commissioners about a request to relax the requirement of feilding 16 sports programs. They used the University of Cincinnati (Dropped men's soccer) and Old Demion (Dropped wrestling)as examples of the first of many universities that are looking to reduce the amount of sports offered and try to cut expenses to handle the huge budget cuts coming up. The economic outlook for college sports is not good. The report stated deficit in the hundreds of millions of dollars just from the canceling of the basketball tournaments.

Dewine already said look for steep cuts in budgets including education. If colleges are looking to drop sports it will trickle down to HS....

They reported on the letter sent to NCAA president Mark Emmert from 5 conference commissioners about a request to relax the requirement of feilding 16 sports programs. They used the University of Cincinnati (Dropped men's soccer) and Old Demion (Dropped wrestling)as examples of the first of many universities that are looking to reduce the amount of sports offered and try to cut expenses to handle the huge budget cuts coming up. The economic outlook for college sports is not good. The report stated deficit in the hundreds of millions of dollars just from the canceling of the basketball tournaments.

Dewine already said look for steep cuts in budgets including education. If colleges are looking to drop sports it will trickle down to HS....
Maybe, I don't see the relationship as close between college and high school due to different funding streams. But I will say that economic damage done to the Ohio economy by the governor's and mayor's decisions may be more devastating than I feared. I really, really hope (but I doubt) that the Gvner consulted with an economic panel and went into tp the shutdowns with his eyes wide open. But from his talk and the look on the LtGvner face, I fear that that they are constantly getting surprised by the economic data. May want to play the tournaments on school fields as funding streams. Even more of reason to get football playing at the college level.