DeWine addressing contact sports today — what will he say?

Ok, The decision is NO FOOTBALL. Feel better? If a school has made a decision not to play already, they have looked at the available info and made their own decision. Good for them. No one seems to change their mind about this. They are are lost cause if they've already stopped.
Yes I would feel way better. At least someone with guts would Make the decision.

If the players wear masks at school, should they wear them during the games too?

A channel 12 reporter in Cincinnati grilled him on that question. He asked for Husted to input on the answer. Husted said they could not wear masks while on the field in contact sports. Husted said the goal is to make the return to play for contact sports "as safe as possible".

A channel 12 reporter in Cincinnati grilled him on that question. He asked for Husted to input on the answer. Husted said they could not wear masks while on the field in contact sports. Husted said the goal is to make the return to play for contact sports "as safe as possible".
Makes perfect sense. These guys are a joke

Move to flag football..........

The June 22 ruling allowed football to start. It has never been rescinded. It was an order from the Ohio Health Board. Some county and city boards are making recommendations that there be no football. How can this be? Are they allowed to suoerecede the state? Franklin County has some schools practicing while a half mile away a schools district has said no. One is following state and OHSAA guidelines. The other is listening to the city and county boars. This is a moving target and no one knows who is right.

I am not trying to be a but if there were no fans, Massilon among other places might revolt against the state. I would hate to be the ones that have to sell limited tickets for games there.
Than Massillon football will be shut down.

These questions may have been asked in other threads but... The schools that are actively practicing have coaches under contract and if the plug is pulled for the season at some point down the road, would those coaches still receive their full or partial stipend? For schools that have already ceased operations, are there any coaches, assistants, that have jumped ship to another school as a volunteer?

After all these months, I still cannot get over the uncanny resemblance between DeWine (Benjamin Button) and the Deaf Interpreter.

The June 22 ruling allowed football to start. It has never been rescinded. It was an order from the Ohio Health Board. Some county and city boards are making recommendations that there be no football. How can this be? Are they allowed to suoerecede the state? Franklin County has some schools practicing while a half mile away a schools district has said no. One is following state and OHSAA guidelines. The other is listening to the city and county boars. This is a moving target and no one knows who is right.
With a number of things, you can add to, but not take away, from their regulations. I'd they want to be more stringet, they can. They just cannot be less so.

It’s pretty simple, really. DeWine is giving everyone a chance to have football. However many are peeing on that opportunity by not wearing masks, not social distancing and promoting noncompliance. COVID takes advantage and spreads. Informed leaders will not allow the spread to increase by opening schools and playing football. Schools boards, by choice, are shutting it down. Ditto health boards who see noncompliance as a major problem. As long as the numbers are high, the decision will be simple. It is what it is.

I am not trying to be a but if there were no fans, Massilon among other places might revolt against the state. I would hate to be the ones that have to sell limited tickets for games there.

That would only be a potential problem "this" year as Massillon has been averaging approx. 9,000 fans, in a stadium that holds 16,700.

So precautions wouldn't be a major issue, except for "marque" games.

Otherwise starting with around 3,000 season ticket holders, there shouldn't be a problem filling ticket requests!

That would only be a potential problem "this" year as Massillon has been averaging approx. 9,000 fans, in a stadium that holds 16,700.

So precautions wouldn't be a major issue, except for "marque" games.

Otherwise starting with around 3,000 season ticket holders, there shouldn't be a problem filling ticket requests!
According to Massillontigers.com here is the actual average number of fans for all Massillon home games the last 3 seasons -

2019 Season --- 7022

2018 Season --- 7480

2017 Season --- 6358

It’s pretty simple, really. DeWine is giving everyone a chance to have football. However many are peeing on that opportunity by not wearing masks, not social distancing and promoting noncompliance. COVID takes advantage and spreads. Informed leaders will not allow the spread to increase by opening schools and playing football. Schools boards, by choice, are shutting it down. Ditto health boards who see noncompliance as a major problem. As long as the numbers are high, the decision will be simple. It is what it is.

This must be DeWines burner account. This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this form.

The problem isn’t starting a season, it’s getting through it. Sure we can be safe now, but once a kid tests positive that team is done for a week or two. That’s why the only thing you can really do this year is a junior high type schedule and hope everyone plays 7 conference games within the 10 weeks.

Look at the MLB, they’re probably two weeks away from being done due to how quickly this is spreading through locker rooms

According to Massillontigers.com here is the actual average number of fans for all Massillon home games the last 3 seasons -

2019 Season --- 7022

2018 Season --- 7480

2017 Season --- 6358

As usual these attendance numbers were inaccurate. Plus, playoff games, run by the OHSAA should not count. However, this doesn’t fit the narrative.

2019 Season --- 7022

2018 Season --- 7480

2017 Season --- 6358
Nothing like the biggest Massillon Tiger fan in the state jumping in to give the stats.

Full shields on the face masks.

The problem isn’t starting a season, it’s getting through it. Sure we can be safe now, but once a kid tests positive that team is done for a week or two. That’s why the only thing you can really do this year is a junior high type schedule and hope everyone plays 7 conference games within the 10 weeks.

Look at the MLB, they’re probably two weeks away from being done due to how quickly this is spreading through locker rooms
Only because the MLB players don’t know how to stay out of clubs.

The problem isn’t starting a season, it’s getting through it. Sure we can be safe now, but once a kid tests positive that team is done for a week or two.
But it's also true that if a kid is never tested, he'll never test positive.

I'm guessing the athletes and their parents won't necessarily be entirely honest - maybe far from it - and won't ask for a test when they notice symptoms.

Only because the MLB players don’t know how to stay out of clubs.
Jeter says the Marlins weren't clubbin' and weren't involved in any 'salacious' activity - so the Marlins must have caught it from each other in the dugout!!

Joking aside, as I said in a different post, the Marlins might be the healthiest team in all of sports - the virus could be nearly entirely behind them.

Nothing like the biggest Massillon Tiger fan in the state jumping in to give the stats.
I just want to make sure the correct numbers are given rather than some incorrect, inflated numbers as are usually given.

If Maxie doesn't want to count the home playoff games, the numbers are -

2019 Season --- 7514

2018 Season --- 7884

2017 Season --- 6741

Still that's far from an average of 9000.

Jeter says the Marlins weren't clubbin' and weren't involved in any 'salacious' activity - so the Marlins must have caught it from each other in the dugout!!

Joking aside, as I said in a different post, the Marlins might be the healthiest team in all of sports - the virus could be nearly entirely behind them.
Of course they weren’t out in any “clubs” in Atlanta. ?
Agreed they may very well be the healthiest, will be interesting to watch moving forward.

I just want to make sure the correct numbers are given rather than some incorrect, inflated numbers as are usually given.

2019 Season --- 7514

2018 Season --- 7884

2017 Season --- 6741

As I said it’s always good to have the stats from the BIGGEST Massillon fan in the state !!!!

But it's also true that if a kid is never tested, he'll never test positive.

I'm guessing the athletes and their parents won't necessarily be entirely honest - maybe far from it - and won't ask for a test when they notice symptoms.

Thats even worse!

2019 Season --- 7514

2018 Season --- 7884

2017 Season --- 6741

No, the numbers you originally posted were inaccurate. Now, you corrected those figures.