DeWine addressing contact sports today — what will he say?

7ED2B834-7D79-4DC9-9476-C11BBA2F2F07.gif

You're changing your story. Earlier it was "If you are able to have 1,000 in a grocery store at a time..." Now you're down to 800. What's next? :) Either way, that's one busy grocery store!
Now....you are on yappi to mock people. Because you were wrong and rooting against high school sports because of ME!!

Its happening kid. Time to jump off. You don't want them.

Would someone please explain to me why contacts sports, like football, has no fans in an outdoor setting. Yet non contact volleyball, played inside, can have a limited number of fans. Wow

It's worse than that. You can have spectators in a gymnasium to sit and watch a volleyball game, but you cannot have spectators in that same gymnasium to sit and watch a basketball game.

When the OHSAA says the order is temporary, I think what they're getting at is that the original order was tailored specifiically to allow ESPN's Basketball Tournament while preventing overnight, multi-team basketball camps like Larry Huggins' by imposing infeasible testing requirements. It was originally set to expire the day after the tournament ended. I don't think it was ever intended to be the blueprint for fall high school sports.

Now....you are on yappi to mock people. Because you were wrong and rooting against high school sports because of ME!!

Its happening kid. Time to jump off. You don't want them.
You never answered if your week 1 game is August 28th or September 4th?

As expected.

Nothing.

Kick the can until next week.

Just freaking give it a go instead of blueballing the sports world

We just have to accept the fact that this going to go down to the wire absent of a community's local Health Board taking a preemptive strike.

my post from another thread copied and pasted: as stated earlier, the meeting with ohsfca was a joke as is their proposal and it was all lip service and a nod like something is getting done. this is a cluster F beyond cluster F. Where you think we will be in a week. more districts cancelling and pausing. make a legitimate decision. easily pause for 6 weeks then start.... something. the somber tone and "wildfire" spread language makes me sick. I'm done with these idiots!!!!! clearly they want to pull the plug but hoping for some silver lining

We now know for sure that the 72 hour testing requirement is NOT part of the plan. I know everyone has reasons to not trust DeWine, but have faith. They are hinting towards a feasible plan for fall contact sports.

Anyone who thought that this Governor was going to make a decision on sports today has not being following along. You will never ever, ever here him say that football is cancelled. It will be an order from the health department, and probably at this point they just wont remove the current order, and teams will just practice up till game week and then not play.

You should change your name to NoSack.

Yes.
We will play!
I want football more than anyone. But our tiny governor mandates mask for all students and says no bbq's or gatherings of more than 10. How does a locker room of 50-100 kids physically hitting/sweating on/touching another 50-100 kids happen?

I get your optimism, but it aint happening bro

Anyone who thought that this Governor was going to make a decision on sports today has not being following along. You will never ever, ever here him say that football is cancelled. It will be an order from the health department, and probably at this point they just wont remove the current order, and teams will just practice up till game week and then not play.
i think you are right but really it is disappointing we should get more from our elected leaders