Desmond Howard show what he is again.......CLASSLESS

Even more classless are outlets implying it was Stroud who refused to shake Howard's hand. Howard, the adult, conveniently was facing away and not offering a hand-shake, leading Straud to either beg for a handshake, make a scene by pausing in front of Howard until a handshake was offered or to naturally walk straight to the host as he did.

Stroud Conveniently ignores...

IMO, Howard shouldn't be allowed on that stage anymore.

It didn’t look like either of them intentionally avoided a handshake to me. It looked the the first two were pretty much in Stroud’s path and they both offered handshakes and a third one from the back made it a point to step out toward Stroud for a handshake. Not seeing the big deal.

It didn’t look like either of them intentionally avoided a handshake to me. It looked the the first two were pretty much in Stroud’s path and they both offered handshakes and a third one from the back made it a point to step out toward Stroud for a handshake. Not seeing the big deal.
That's not how I saw it. Howard intentionally turned to talk to the player to the left of him as Stroud's name was announced. Gave himself an excuse to ignore Stroud. Strroud's hand was still out as he passed old coach, ready to shake. It's easy enough to view how Howard treated the others. Was it the same?

Why are they even up there? Either move them back so there is no hand-shaking line or get them off the stage. In Howard's case, he should be off no matter what. To forestall presumptions on motives, I'm not an overt OSU fan nor UM fan nor actively root against either unless they're playing Toledo. I rooted for Haward to get the trophy.

Howard is immature, he's a punk and has no class. NO 53 year old should have a rivalry with a kid.

That's not how I saw it. Howard intentionally turned to talk to the player to the left of him as Stroud's name was announced. Gave himself an excuse to ignore Stroud. Strroud's hand was still out as he passed old coach, ready to shake. It's easy enough to view how Howard treated the others. Was it the same?

Why are they even up there? Either move them back so there is no hand-shaking line or get them off the stage. In Howard's case, he should be off no matter what. To forestall presumptions on motives, I'm not an overt OSU fan nor UM fan nor actively root against either unless they're playing Toledo. I rooted for Haward to get the trophy.

Howard is immature, he's a punk and has no class. NO 53 year old should have a rivalry with a kid.
I didn’t watch, but if either one avoided the other they have no class. A real man is bigger than any of that crap.

He’s also not very smart. Used to watch Gameday every Saturday. Switched to FOX noon kickoff. No morons on that stage.
Many people talk about Corso needing to retire. Keep him and get rid of the moron. Actually it would be better if both were gone.

He’s also not very smart. Used to watch Gameday every Saturday. Switched to FOX noon kickoff. No morons on that stage.
Many people talk about Corso needing to retire. Keep him and get rid of the moron. Actually it would be better if both were gone.
The new guy game day brought on is a clown also.

I didn’t watch, but if either one avoided the other they have no class. A real man is bigger than any of that crap.
From that clip I posted, I'm not sure why anyone would put an "if either" into the statement?

Howard is clearly at attention looking forward with the others before Stroud's name is mentioned. Then as soon as it is mentioned, Howard puts on a big grin and turns to his left, away from where Stroud will be walking. Stroud looks to me ready to shake hands but no one was home. He supposed to stop and wait, while Howard completes his little joke?

The other side:

I think Michigan/ Ohio State honks are looking way too closely at this. Howard was talking to the guy next to him and he was at the podium. Let's put away the jr. high stuff folks.

The other side:

That's the original side, the one not supported by the actual video. The other side is the ones in this thread.

I think Michigan/ Ohio State honks are looking way too closely at this. Howard was talking to the guy next to him and he was at the podium. Let's put away the jr. high stuff folks.
I'm neither. Do you need presumptive excuses to dismiss others' views? Or can you do it on the facts. All I have to go on is that video.

Howard was quiet and attentive until AFTER Stroud's name was called. He then purposely turned away from Stroud to talk to the person to his left. You're seeing something differently in that video?

I just quit watching people talk about sports in general.

I just watch the games, unless it's a local thing about one of the Cleveland teams.

These shows are on all day long on ESPN, with the eye candy chickies who read their "opinions" off the teleprompter.
McAfee is good. Desmond sucks, Corso is ancient and can barely talk; both of them being removed would lead to a better show.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
MaAfee dresses like a goof.

I would agree this is much ado about nothing up to that part where media outlets decided to take a side and blame the 21 year old, who offered his hand instead of holding their media partner who snubbed it, accountable.

The thread title is about that exchange.

This.

I'm neither. Do you need presumptive excuses to dismiss others' views? Or can you do it on the facts. All I have to go on is that video.

Howard was quiet and attentive until AFTER Stroud's name was called. He then purposely turned away from Stroud to talk to the person to his left. You're seeing something differently in that video?
I didn't see any of the other presentation. Did Howard shake everyone elses hand? RGIII was looking right at Stroud and Stroud didn't shake his hand. Again, I just think people are over the top on this stuff.

McAfee is good. Desmond sucks, Corso is ancient and can barely talk; both of them being removed would lead to a better show.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
McAfee doesn't to it for me. He's loud and mouthy. Sure ESPN wants the younger audience so I can see why they brought him in, and Corso's days are numbered and should be. Howard is good. Most of these talking heads openly root for teams now.

I didn't see any of the other presentation. Did Howard shake everyone elses hand? RGIII was looking right at Stroud and Stroud didn't shake his hand. Again, I just think people are over the top on this stuff.
is Stroud getting flack for not shaking RGIII's hand? You were trying to make a point?

And back to the point, which you seem to prefer to strawman a lot for something you say matters not to you, public headlines were calling it one way and they are inaccurate. For ME, that is a BIG issue. "Journlist" have a responsibility and it seems some think, an immunity. When their material becomes immune to debate, this country ceases to be. It would be a big issue of class if anyone that chose to be on that stage, did not treat the candidates respectfully and better equitably.

is Stroud getting flack for not shaking RGIII's hand? You were trying to make a point?

And back to the point, which you seem to prefer to strawman a lot for something you say matters not to you, public headlines were calling it one way and they are inaccurate. For ME, that is a BIG issue. "Journlist" have a responsibility and it seems some think, an immunity. When their material becomes immune to debate, this country ceases to be. It would be a big issue of class if anyone that chose to be on that stage, did not treat the candidates respectfully and better equitably.
Ok, I see what you are saying now. So was anyone making this a big deal or was it a media story? And if that's the case, we see this every single day in everyday news. We are going to be innodated with Brittany Greiner information for the next several years, weather she ever plays basketball again. The left will make it seem like she's some kind of hero for taking dope into another country.

From that clip I posted, I'm not sure why anyone would put an "if either" into the statement?

Howard is clearly at attention looking forward with the others before Stroud's name is mentioned. Then as soon as it is mentioned, Howard puts on a big grin and turns to his left, away from where Stroud will be walking. Stroud looks to me ready to shake hands but no one was home. He supposed to stop and wait, while Howard completes his little joke?
Am I missing something more? I didn't see him shake RG3's hand either. I tbink he was just making his way to Chris Fowler as quick as he could. I think people just want to make something out of nothing.

Am I missing something more? I didn't see him shake RG3's hand either. I tbink he was just making his way to Chris Fowler as quick as he could. I think people just want to make something out of nothing.
My response to 14Red I think clarifies my thoughts on both the topic of the "hand-shake" and on the headlines.