Deer Park ?

MooseJaw

Whats going on over at Deer Park? Saw a couple weeks ago that Elliott was transferring to a prep school for his senior year and now Munson is also leaving. Combine that with Gentry and Wise no longer there that leaves a lot of holes to fill. One has to assume that Gentry Sr will, as usual, have a lot of new recruits coming in. Anyone heard who the new guys are? Or will they actually have to play some kids that grew up in Deer park?

DP also lost their main assistant coach - Reggie Revels - and he was the main talent procurer over there. I haven't heard of any incoming kids but I anticipate they will have several, especially is CPS stays virtual and pauses winter athletics like they did fall sports.

DP also lost their main assistant coach - Reggie Revels - and he was the main talent procurer over there. I haven't heard of any incoming kids but I anticipate they will have several, especially is CPS stays virtual and pauses winter athletics like they did fall sports.
Did Reggie grow up in Forest Park? If so, is/was that a key recruiting zone for him?

I believe Reggie went to CCPA which was the team that got kicked out of the tournament 3-4 years ago for cheating and illegally recruiting....maybe he is going there to revive the pipelines.

I'll double down that Gentry doesn't have the balls to come back to Deer Park unless he raided CPS or found an out of city pipeline.

Well looks who's back - Something Stupid to Say. Come on Something, you must know the scoop. School has started so there shouldn't really be any mystery here. Why are guys leaving? How many new recruits this year and where are they from?

Well looks who's back - Something Stupid to Say. Come on Something, you must know the scoop. School has started so there shouldn't really be any mystery here. Why are guys leaving? How many new recruits this year and where are they from?
Stupid is What Stupid Does. I learn from the best MooseFlaw!!!!

Dp has no one coming in. The 3 returning players have all left thats a fact should be interesting to c what Gentry does with what he has one of the so called dominant 8th graders that was there last year but didn’t play went to moeller. The chl is back to being the chl

Dp has no one coming in. The 3 returning players have all left thats a fact should be interesting to c what Gentry does with what he has one of the so called dominant 8th graders that was there last year but didn’t play went to moeller. The chl is back to being the chl
My point exactly!!!! I guess he's going there for education, not for basketball. But no one seems to cry foul when Moe does this. But let little old DP do it and there screaming all the way to the west coast how DP cheats and recruit. But its okay we know a lot of yall are apart of the good ole boy's network and I get it. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes....

My point exactly!!!! I guess he's going there for education, not for basketball. But no one seems to cry foul when Moe does this. But let little old DP do it and there screaming all the way to the west coast how DP cheats and recruit. But its okay we know a lot of yall are apart of the good ole boy's network and I get it. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes....

I think lots of people cry foul when Moeller does... there is a reason most of the team in the GMC won't play Moeller in basketball or football.

I think lots of people cry foul when Moeller does... there is a reason most of the team in the GMC won't play Moeller in basketball or football.
True, don't lose sight that it is far easier to take advantage of transfers when you are a private school. It's more challenging for a public school with change of residence rules. There were multiple questions about the residences of more than one of the DP transfers. This wasn't a secret. Inferring this was anything but not following the rules is weak.

True, don't lose sight that it is far easier to take advantage of transfers when you are a private school. It's more challenging for a public school with change of residence rules. There were multiple questions about the residences of more than one of the DP transfers. This wasn't a secret. Inferring this was anything but not following the rules is weak.
OHSAA lives at DP but always come up empty-handed. I wonder why that is. Maybe because they're following the rules and that's why they never get sanction by OHSAA.

OHSAA lives at DP but always come up empty-handed. I wonder why that is. Maybe because they're following the rules and that's why they never get sanction by OHSAA.
I do have 1st hand knowledge that the OHSAA had some consistent communication with DP the fall leading to their State Championship. They found no wrongdoing and moved on.

There's 11 or 12 "exceptions" for creating eligibility. None of those address recruting
My personal favorite is a little known exception (need to hire an attorney) if you transfer from a private coed school to a private all male school that counts as a "change in academic" environment or something . . . Moe has used this recently.

My personal favorite is a little known exception (need to hire an attorney) if you transfer from a private coed school to a private all male school that counts as a "change in academic" environment or something . . . Moe has used this recently.
ive not seen that one!

Attorneys are important with OHSAA, there was an Attorney involved the the situation at the Park a few years ago.