Dayton/ Springfield Area Basketball Top Players, teams

Bless, How long until we hear about the next 5’8” Luke Kennard that gets ripped multiple times by his 8th grade counterparts as he brings the ball up the court?

A couple players that come to my mind...

Mo Njie of Centerville - At 6'9 he is drawing some D1 interest. I know he was pretty raw, but when I saw him play last year he played well.

Mike Sharavjamts of Legacy Christian - Last year he was a 6'6 Freshman point guard that transferred into the area from Mongolia. As a Freshman, he had a pretty good year last year. I just do not know if he will be back at the school this year.

Mo Njie of Centerville - At 6'9 he is drawing some D1 interest. I know he was pretty raw, but when I saw him play last year he played well.

Mike Sharavjamts of Legacy Christian - Last year he was a 6'6 Freshman point guard that transferred into the area from Mongolia. As a Freshman, he had a pretty good year last year. I just do not know if he will be back at the school this year.
Pretty sure the legacy kid is gone to some academy team.

UPDATE....he is at Prolific Prep.

That's a pretty crazy move. I was looking forward to seeing how he did over the next couple years at Legacy Christian.

I don't know a lot about some of the bigger conferences, but I will mention a couple teams and names to watch from a couple smaller school leagues below...

SWBL
Franklin (D1) - Sounds like they return a lot and should win a lot of games. Not sure how big of a threat they are for a tournament run.
Madison (D3) - Should have another good season . Grant Whisman is a very nice player. 6'7 wing that is committed to Cedarville.
Darren Ruben - Oakwood. Averaged 22.2 points per game last year, and should have a big Senior year.

CCC
National Trail (D3) - Made a run to the District Finals last year. Return 2 very good players in Cameron Harrison and Zach Woodall. Heavy favorite to win the league this year.
Arcanum (D3) - Should be pretty good this year. Return Carter Gray who is one of the better players in the league. A 6'4 guard that is a very good 3 point shooter. I'd guess he will end up playing basketball somewhere at the next level.

That's a pretty crazy move. I was looking forward to seeing how he did over the next couple years at Legacy Christian.
I agree. He was fun to watch. Their coach from the past couple of seasons has also left which probably means his son is gone too. He was the #2 scorer last year. Not sure what they will look like this year.

“Raw.” That is a good word to describe him.

I like the word raw. His presence is intimidating but a lot of teams shut him down/limited him as a threat. Moeller, LaSalle, St. X, Trinity held him to 2 ppg. He had a couple of high scoring games vs Northland (71-41 win) and against Northmont/Springfield. Overall, his stats weren't eye opening from last year.