Dayton DIII Sectional

I’m picking Anna, Versailles, Madison, National Trail. Anna beat Versailles earlier. The Tigers are 19-1. Madison has the SWBL’s leading scorer. Dark horse is Milton-Union.

I’m picking Anna, Versailles, Madison, National Trail. Anna beat Versailles earlier. The Tigers are 19-1. Madison has the SWBL’s leading scorer. Dark horse is Milton-Union.
milton isn’t D2?? i’m shocked. thought they were. they’re a solid team that could win a couple of games with the right matchups.

As far as I know we are D3. Could be wrong. I’ll look...
OHSAA website has us as D3. Anna is in D3. They will win it hands down.

NORTH- "Open Draw" (24 Team)
Northmont 1, 2 & Butler 3, 4, 5 (5,5,5,5,4)
ANNA
ARCANUM
BENJAMIN LOGAN
BETHEL
BROOKVILLE
CARLISLE
DAYTON CHRISTIAN
DIXIE
GREENEVIEW
GREENON
HOUSTON
INDIAN LAKE
MADISON SENIOR
MEADOWDALE
MECHANICSBURG
MIAMI EAST
MILTON-UNION
NATIONAL TRAIL
NORTHEASTERN
PREBLE SHAWNEE
STIVERS SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS
TRIAD
VERSAILLES
WEST LIBERTY-SALEM

My top 5 seeds:
1. Anna
2. Versailles
3. National Trail
4. Stivers
5. Madison

Tournament draws are done.
Anna gets #1 seed.
1. Anna
2. Versailles
3. Madison
4. National Trail
5. Greeneview

Last edited:
Greenon is probably better than a 12th seed but.... how in the world did West Liberty Salem get a 7 seed? saw them play and they are no 7 seed. everything else looks pretty good. could get some good matchups here. Stivers-Greeneview and Anna-National Trail are the best earliest games we could get. the top seeds should cruise for the most part.

There were a ton of subjective judgement calls seeding this draw IMO. This sectional has a lot of depth with solid teams down to at least the 15th seed.

I'm surprised that a couple more decent seeded teams didn't jump on the bracket with Greeneview, Stivers and Preble Shawnee. You could very well get sent packing in the 1st round, but IMO there are a handful of teams that went in brackets with the top-4 seeds that could win this bracket if they're on their game.

There were a ton of subjective judgement calls seeding this draw IMO. This sectional has a lot of depth with solid teams down to at least the 15th seed.

I'm surprised that a couple more decent seeded teams didn't jump on the bracket with Greeneview, Stivers and Preble Shawnee. You could very well get sent packing in the 1st round, but IMO there are a handful of teams that went in brackets with the top-4 seeds that could win this bracket if they're on their game.
great post NWwarrior this is exactly right. very deep bracket. Greenon lost to Greeneview by two points last week and outplayed them. that should show how competitive this bracket is. i don’t see a clear winner here. i think Madison has been hot lately but then again the MAC is the MAC.. and stivers (a city league school) isn’t exactly an easy out. greeneview is probably unstoppable when they are playing there best but they aren’t very consistent. this is very deep like you said.

Anna is going to beat everyone in this tournament by 20, except Versailles.
sorry but that Anna team is the same kids that walked to a football state title. Versailles only loss is to Anna. Greeneview, Stivers, etc won’t have the athletes to run with the Rockets in my opinion. Cincy teams like Taft/Deer Park will pose issues for Anna.

Greenon takes out Indian Lake @Butler 67-60 in overtime. one of the better high school games i’ve seen but probably the most fouls i’ve seen in a game. i think indian lake had 23. Greenon vs Versailles @3pm 2/29 @Butler

Last edited: