DAYTON DII TOURNEY SEEDS

12penguins

Obvious #1 Trotwood Madison and #2 Alter, but where does everyone else fall? CJ? Thurgood Marshall? Stivers, Kenton Ridge. Tippecanoe, Oakwood, Waynesville?
To me, the 3 seed is interesting because we know most coaches will avoid the brackets taken by the top 2 seeds...possibility most/all of these 7 play in the same bracket?

Obvious #1 Trotwood Madison and #2 Alter, but where does everyone else fall? CJ? Thurgood Marshall? Stivers, Kenton Ridge. Tippecanoe, Oakwood, Waynesville?
To me, the 3 seed is interesting because we know most coaches will avoid the brackets taken by the top 2 seeds...possibility most/all of these 7 play in the same bracket?
Is Waynesville DII?

yes, they are in the dayton sectional according to the sw district ohsaa page.
2020 SOUTHWEST DISTRICT BOYS BASKETBALL DIVISION II ARCHBISHOP ALTER BELLBROOK BELLEFONTAINE CHAMINADE JULIENNE DUNBAR EATON GRAHAM GREENVILLE KENTON RIDGE NORTHRIDGE NORTHWESTERN OAKWOOD PONITZ SHAWNEE THURGOOD MARSHALL TIPPECANOE TROTWOOD-MADISON URBANA VALLEY VIEW WAYNESVILLE

FYI, according to OHSAA southwest district site under 2020 Team Assignments, it looks like Stivers is in Division III.
https://ohsaa.org/Southwest-Sports-Tournaments/Basketball-Boys

meeting is tomorrow and all the votes are in today..so no further games matter at all...so, let's take a look...
Trotwood Madison, Alter, and then do you go Kenton Ridge, Waynesville based on record, or Thurgood Marshall, CJ based on the tougher schedule and the Matt Goeller eye test which says they are better? KR got drilled by a good Jonathon Alder team last night at home 57-28.Same questions then for Oakwood, Tippecanoe, Dunbar. My mistake in a previous post as Stivers is not in here... so i predict Thurgood Marshall gets the 3, Waynesville the 4, CJ the 5, Kenton Ridge the 6, Tippecanoe the 7 ( they won their league), Oakwood the 8, Shawnee the 9 and then the rest... am i missing anything?

meeting is tomorrow and all the votes are in today..so no further games matter at all...so, let's take a look...
Trotwood Madison, Alter, and then do you go Kenton Ridge, Waynesville based on record, or Thurgood Marshall, CJ based on the tougher schedule and the Matt Goeller eye test which says they are better? KR got drilled by a good Jonathon Alder team last night at home 57-28.Same questions then for Oakwood, Tippecanoe, Dunbar. My mistake in a previous post as Stivers is not in here... so i predict Thurgood Marshall gets the 3, Waynesville the 4, CJ the 5, Kenton Ridge the 6, Tippecanoe the 7 ( they won their league), Oakwood the 8, Shawnee the 9 and then the rest... am i missing anything?
this is how i see it playing out. i don’t see any of 3-9 going to trotwoods bracket, but i don’t think some of them will shy away from alter.

Waynesville won’t be seeded above CJ or Tipp.

My guess is everyone from Central Ohio goes into the Athens regional bracket rather than Springfield due to Trotwood. In fact I could see Jonathan Alder, Heath and DeSales all go into the same bracket as the top three seeds. Alder has two 30-point wins against Kenton Ridge and beat CJ as well.

Waynesville won’t be seeded above CJ or Tipp.
I certainly had doubts about that as well, as you can read in the original posts I made, and frankly, I see no way that anyone who has seen both could consider Waynesville a better team than CJ., but there are only 2 parochial schools in the sectional, so I thought there might be some coaches who looked at the record and the fact that Waynesville won their league and vote that way. No doubt that this is an inexact science!

My guess is everyone from Central Ohio goes into the Athens regional bracket rather than Springfield due to Trotwood. In fact I could see Jonathan Alder, Heath and DeSales all go into the same bracket as the top three seeds. Alder has two 30-point wins against Kenton Ridge and beat CJ as well.

this played out like I thought...Alder, DeSales and Heath all went to Athens.....be a tossup as to who gets to Springfield

so,my predictions turned out well wrong..nothing unusual. It will be the trotwood bracket that gets to the grove city regional semi...not sure Oakwood will have any fun with CJ/Tipp winner. they will play just 2 games in a 19 day period. Tipp scouted Oakwood last night and obviously had no fear, s they are the 6 and oakwwod took the buy in dayton 2 bracket right before them. waynesville went to daytoon 3 and CJ jumped on the chance to play tipp and with a win, Oakwood. should be fun.

Graham/Bellefontaine vs Trotwood just isn't fair. my goodness. part of me is glad the "CBC" looking district is gone but this makes me want it back.

The highest seed coming from the Columbus district to the Dayton regional is #4 Buckeye Valley. No one wants Ramnation.

Oakwood, Chaminade Julienne, and Tippecanoe all right their together. could go any way as it's competetive but that's one wealthy side of the bracket!

This is the Springfield/CBC bracket as Trotwood some how was thrown in there a few years ago
I remember that.. not sure why that happened exactly. but the teams are pretty spread out this year I think. we will likely have a Kenton Ridge/Alter matchup and that's exciting to me.

This KR team is probably the best Dayton D2 CBC team in a few years. Under the old tournament format I would have all but penciled them in to advance to districts. They are huge in the paint with a pair of 6'8 kids and they have a guard that's shot 50+% with good volume from behind the arc over their last 8-9 games.

Before running into a buzzsaw with Jonathan Alder this weekend they won 11 in a row, including a 30 point beat down of a Greeneview squad that was the #5 seed in the D3 open draw.

the KR win over greeneview was extremely impressive, i made it out to that game. but the losses to Northeastern (what the heck) and Alder (i wouldn’t pick them to win but thought they could’ve kept it closer) are huge turnoffs to me about them. the matchup with Greenon tomorrow should be extremely good. if they play like they did vs James-tucky (greeneview) then i would give them a legit shot to knock off alter. but if they play like they did against northeastern, i don’t think they win a game.

the KR win over greeneview was extremely impressive, i made it out to that game. but the losses to Northeastern (what the heck) and Alder (i wouldn’t pick them to win but thought they could’ve kept it closer) are huge turnoffs to me about them. the matchup with Greenon tomorrow should be extremely good. if they play like they did vs James-tucky (greeneview) then i would give them a legit shot to knock off alter. but if they play like they did against northeastern, i don’t think they win a game.

Kenton Ridge couldn’t handle Alder at all...in the first matchup it was 37-8 at halftime. It wasn’t any better in the second matchup. They have a ton of size, but I don’t see them beating anyone good.

I seriously don’t know what Graham or Bellefontaine are going to do against Trotwood.

Graham doesn’t stand a chance vs Trotwood. It’s going to be a monumental blowout. I saw Graham vs Milton and Covington. The Falcons better hope for the flu to hit Trotwood. Their freshman could beat Graham.