Dayton D3 Boys Soccer

This is an interesting point. I understand the reason that soccer is looked at a contact sport vs. a non-contact sport for the sport itself. But sometimes I think in regards to this pandemic, football is it's own animal when considering the sports. I only say that due to the number of players on teams, fans in the stands, etc. compared to other sports. If you're worried about large gatherings in particular, your average football game would have a much greater concern than your average soccer match. In reality though, soccer is being looked at in the same light as football.

Even though there are very intense one one one confrontations, they are spaced out a bit in time (time between events). Wouldn't the only time of concern when the ball is at midfield, in the box or corners (when 6+ people are in close together)? Those do not happen every 30 seconds.

Even though there are very intense one one one confrontations, they are spaced out a bit in time (time between events). Wouldn't the only time of concern when the ball is at midfield, in the box or corners (when 6+ people are in close together)? Those do not happen every 30 seconds.

I totally agree. I feel as though both sports are very different when considering the actual risk to the players or fans. In reality, I would like to see all fall sports have the opportunity to play. If infections happen, they can then deviate at that time. But if the teams follow guidelines and are given a chance, maybe a lot of these kids can enjoy a full season.

I totally agree. I feel as though both sports are very different when considering the actual risk to the players or fans. In reality, I would like to see all fall sports have the opportunity to play. If infections happen, they can then deviate at that time. But if the teams follow guidelines and are given a chance, maybe a lot of these kids can enjoy a full season.

I wonder if soccer moved to spring if that would work. But it would destroy the club time, where a lot of kids get their looks for college. But that is such a minority of the kids that impacts that would be hard. HS+Club team in some magic shared universe?

I dont think Midwest kids can play soccer in the freezing February, March time frame can they?

I wonder if soccer moved to spring if that would work. But it would destroy the club time, where a lot of kids get their looks for college. But that is such a minority of the kids that impacts that would be hard. HS+Club team in some magic shared universe?

I dont think Midwest kids can play soccer in the freezing February, March time frame can they?

Yes, that would be tough. I have a youth soccer player. They already had their spring season essentially cancelled with their club last spring. I'm just hopeful they can put something together for fall. The weather is also pretty detrimental in the early spring. March can be horrible with rain, cold, etc. Two years ago the spring season was filled with cancellations and reschedules due to weather. I think that's something that people don't always consider when discussing moving things back. Ohio's weather is much different than say a state like California. You never know how cold, wet, or warm a spring or fall might be here in Ohio.

They already play during that time in club soccer.

If it's cancelled this fall they will for sure.

Wonder if club will be able to get schedules together for the fall quickly if this happens.

And the already ref shortage, it might become a math problem that is not solvable with getting ref. Might have to go without a full ref crew?

Either way, I hope we really work to get these kids games.

And the already ref shortage, it might become a math problem that is not solvable with getting ref. Might have to go without a full ref crew?

Either way, I hope we really work to get these kids games.
Do you mean in the spring regarding the ref shortage?

The ODH essentially extended their order today in regards to contact and non-contact sports. Soccer can still train among its own team but nothing against other schools. There are definitely major hurdles including the aspect of testing.

Who is the best teams in D3 this year? Between Dayton and Cincy here is what I am hearing.

1.) Mariemont
2.) Botkins
3.) CCD
3.) Madeira
4/5) TC & Seven Hills

What are your thoughts?

Troy Christian has beat Ottawa Hills, Alter and Seven Hills to start the year. I would think they would have to be considered early season favorites in D3. Thoughts on D3 at this point?

Troy Christian has beat Ottawa Hills, Alter and Seven Hills to start the year. I would think they would have to be considered early season favorites in D3. Thoughts on D3 at this point?

Mariemont beat Seven Hills 5-2 and TC scraped by 7 Hills on a pk win from what I hear. TC is competitive this year I would think but down the list of favorites.

Mariemont beat Seven Hills 5-2 and TC scraped by 7 Hills on a pk win from what I hear. TC is competitive this year I would think but down the list of favorites.
Agree, but TC is very young in important spots (Freshman - Sophomores). When your young, you struggle early. They will get a lot better. Right now they will compete with any team in D3. Who knows what that means with so much quality in SW D3, but TC is going to be in these conversations in the next 3 years if all goes well. (Again who knows).

I am really sad I cannot attend games due to Covid, as this is a special group. I dont like watching from the parking lots in the end zone.

TC missed some easy opportunities and the 7-hills keeper made some nice saves. The score should/could have been more lopsided. They need to be able to put the ball in the net more consistently but their defense is where they are excelling. The defense will keep them in every game this year. As someone else said, they are young up top. With no scrimmages or pre-season tournaments to help them get used to HS game they are learning on the fly.

TC missed some easy opportunities and the 7-hills keeper made some nice saves. The score should/could have been more lopsided. They need to be able to put the ball in the net more consistently but their defense is where they are excelling. The defense will keep them in every game this year. As someone else said, they are young up top. With no scrimmages or pre-season tournaments to help them get used to HS game they are learning on the fly.

Their back is Seniors and both college level guys I think, the keeper is only a soph I think but playing very well and started all last year., There back is extensively athletic and quality. Your right, the middle then is super young and the front has a freshman. Can they score enough? Does it matter if the back is so good? Super interesting, too bad I cant see it. winbypin are you able to get to games and send me updates :).

Alter just beat DC 6-2 I believe.

Their back is Seniors and both college level guys I think, the keeper is only a soph I think but playing very well and started all last year., There back is extensively athletic and quality. Your right, the middle then is super young and the front has a freshman. Can they score enough? Does it matter if the back is so good? Super interesting, too bad I cant see it. winbypin are you able to get to games and send me updates :).

Alter beat DC 6-0 is the score I heard.

I have my ways of getting to see games. ?

I think TC is like most good D3 teams in that they have some really strong players and a few holes. Outside of the Summit teams from a few years ago I don't really recall any top D3 teams that didn't have a few holes, or least a few weaknesses. Bottom line is that most of the top D3 teams can win on any given day. (I think Botkins over Mariemont and 7hills last year in the Regionals is a good example)

I think D3 in Dayton this year will be really interesting. Hard to ignore Botkins based on what they did last year and they have most of their kids back. Greenon is another team that was pretty good last year and has everyone back. Bethel, WLS and YS also look to be strong. Should be

Seven Hills was missing two of their top players against Mariemont, trying out for FC Cincinnati Academy team. One was still missing against Madeira last week. (A third will not be playing this year because he’s playing for a Columbus Crew based Academy team; Madeira also last best player to FC Cincinnati squad). Don’t know if SH is at full strength yet.

I think TC is like most good D3 teams in that they have some really strong players and a few holes. Outside of the Summit teams from a few years ago I don't really recall any top D3 teams that didn't have a few holes, or least a few weaknesses. Bottom line is that most of the top D3 teams can win on any given day. (I think Botkins over Mariemont and 7hills last year in the Regionals is a good example)

I think D3 in Dayton this year will be really interesting. Hard to ignore Botkins based on what they did last year and they have most of their kids back. Greenon is another team that was pretty good last year and has everyone back. Bethel, WLS and YS also look to be strong. Should be

A couple of those Summit teams could compete with any team any division in the state. The other D3 state championship teams from SW Ohio from the 2000’s (Springfield Catholic 2001& 2007, Madeira 2002 & 2003, and Greeneview 2005) were also pretty complete and would certainly have done well in D2 if not D1. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Dude....I tried to send you a message with game updates but you're not taking PM's?