Dayton D1 Sectional

Because no matter what year they came Wayne hasn’t received tons of gifts like Ahmad Wagner, X Williams, the Parkers, Caldwell, Trices, the kid from Indy,Quisenberry... those kids were special. Wayne still will compete but at how high of a level

Is this the same for Springfield? What's coming up for them? I know they graduate a good amount of seniors who play...

Ok let’s just end this dumb argument right here. Since Moeller’s last loss to a southwest Ohio team in March 2016 they have had 3 players transfer in that have had impacts on the floor. Max land, Alec Pfriem and Evan Mahaffey. Everyone else has been at Moeller for 4 years. Moeller has even had players transfer out in recent years. They don’t need to recruit kids to come there and if they did then why didn’t Chandler Starks or Rayvon Griffith end up there this year? I mean rumor on here was they were locks to go there due to Moeller offering all sorts of things. Point is Moeller doesn’t need to recruit anyone. When you’ve only lost 5 games in 3 years everyone in the state knows who you are. Back to Back to Back trips to state is all the recruitment you need. If you want to talk about transfers feel free to mention how many trotwood or Wayne has had in the last few years. I’m sure it’s the same or more than Moeller. But yes continue complaining about something that isn’t there.
Ok so only 3 transfers. Two guys who were / are 2-year starters and leading scorers as seniors, and a sophomore who is playing varsity. Sounds pretty significant to me. And I'm taking your word these are the only ones.

Is this the same for Springfield? What's coming up for them? I know they graduate a good amount of seniors who play...
Jv has been good not sure how it will translate. Next year Wayne should be team to beat but still feel gwoc will be down as a whole next year then after that should be getting good again

Have they decided on who is
Jv has been good not sure how it will translate. Next year Wayne should be team to beat but still feel gwoc will be down as a whole next year then after that should be getting good again

Have they decided on who is coaching at Springfield next year?

I am now hearing the Mo is out for the year. It is also interesting to see Wayne pick a fight with the Elks in the Sectionals. It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year.
I heard that from another GWOC player who has played AAU with some Centerville kids a couple weeks ago. I thought there would be a chance he would come back for the tournament tho. It will give those underclassman some good experience tho, especially if they can beat Wayne and go to districts

I was surprised Wayne jumped in the Centerville bracket like someone else said before. I’m also a little surprised Springfield didn’t go into bracket 1 vs Sidney/Miamisburg too. They just beat ‘Burg by 30about 2-3 weeks ago.I’m sure the reasoning was if they do win that bracket they draw Moeller in districts. As it is Springfield plays Beavercreek tonight on senior night and a good chance to play a 3rd time in sectional finals if they both take care of business.

I heard that from another GWOC player who has played AAU with some Centerville kids a couple weeks ago. I thought there would be a chance he would come back for the tournament tho. It will give those underclassman some good experience tho, especially if they can beat Wayne and go to districts

I was surprised Wayne jumped in the Centerville bracket like someone else said before. I’m also a little surprised Springfield didn’t go into bracket 1 vs Sidney/Miamisburg too. They just beat ‘Burg by 30about 2-3 weeks ago.I’m sure the reasoning was if they do win that bracket they draw Moeller in districts. As it is Springfield plays Beavercreek tonight on senior night and a good chance to play a 3rd time in sectional finals if they both take care of business.
No coach in their right mind is going into a sectional bracket knowing you have to play Moeller in districts

Why do we think talent is leaving?

Martindale does a terrific job promoting the program and his teams compete.

I think Martindale is a great coach and I have no issues with him at all. As for talent leaving..... Kennedy left for Princeton, and then left them for who knows where..... Walker left for McKinley, Scott left for Pick North..... these are 3 guys plus some others who I have forgotten I believe one went back to Springfield who we were expecting to be on this team that would make some noise at state..... They all left for what ever reasons.

I think Martindale is a great coach and I have no issues with him at all. As for talent leaving..... Kennedy left for Princeton, and then left them for who knows where..... Walker left for McKinley, Scott left for Pick North..... these are 3 guys plus some others who I have forgotten I believe one went back to Springfield who we were expecting to be on this team that would make some noise at state..... They all left for what ever reasons.
Every kid on Springfield has been there since Elementary

Ok let’s just end this dumb argument right here. Since Moeller’s last loss to a southwest Ohio team in March 2016 they have had 3 players transfer in that have had impacts on the floor. Max land, Alec Pfriem and Evan Mahaffey. Everyone else has been at Moeller for 4 years. Moeller has even had players transfer out in recent years. They don’t need to recruit kids to come there and if they did then why didn’t Chandler Starks or Rayvon Griffith end up there this year? I mean rumor on here was they were locks to go there due to Moeller offering all sorts of things. Point is Moeller doesn’t need to recruit anyone. When you’ve only lost 5 games in 3 years everyone in the state knows who you are. Back to Back to Back trips to state is all the recruitment you need. If you want to talk about transfers feel free to mention how many trotwood or Wayne has had in the last few years. I’m sure it’s the same or more than Moeller. But yes continue complaining about something that isn’t there.
Are you sure about Trotwood and the transfer situation? The work involved to play in that system is so complex not every kid is willing to put in the work to play in it. So it is not as easy as just transferring, which by the way they've had none in their three consecutive trips to Columbus all homegrown talent with the exception of Myles Belyeu(17' came from Georgia whose dad is a Trotwood grad that came back home) and Courtney Blake whose a junior that came back to Trotwood after being in North Carolina 2 years but grew up in Trotwood and he's just now adjusting to the system at 21 games in.

And just to boast a bit the last Dayton area team to beat Moeller, guess who?

Last edited:
Hard to rely on and build a program with players like the Kennedy kid who change schools every 1-2 years. I believe he ended up moving to Texas after being at Princeton, Wayne, and whoever all he was connected to at the youth and junior high levels (Wayne, Carroll, Beavercreek, etc.). It's harder to develop consistency at a place like Wayne that has a lot of transiency, but at some point to be consistent you have to be able to legitimately develop the majority of your kids from the youth/junior high level.

Hard to rely on and build a program with players like the Kennedy kid who change schools every 1-2 years. I believe he ended up moving to Texas after being at Princeton, Wayne, and whoever all he was connected to at the youth and junior high levels (Wayne, Carroll, Beavercreek, etc.). It's harder to develop consistency at a place like Wayne that has a lot of transiency, but at some point to be consistent you have to be able to legitimately develop the majority of your kids from the youth/junior high level.
I disagree to a point. Kennedy and Scott left for seniors and Brent Walker left for younger group. Wayne was never really the powerhouse basketball program until Trice arrived and he completely changed their culture and thinking boys and girls side. I don’t know if this season is so much on Martindale or kids thinking the Wayne name alone was enough for teams to lay down to them. For instance last couple games they have had less then 20 points at halftime thats frustrating to everyone. Kids start to question if they are good enough then become selfish, coaches question is it something they are doing and sometimes panic

Down goes Centerville to Fairmont WOW!! and Wayne to Springboro and Springfield beats Bevercreek at the buzzer on a 60ft buzzer beater.. What in the heck is going on in the GWOC? Could be a 3 way shared title after Friday night.

Down goes Centerville to Fairmont WOW!! and Wayne to Springboro and Springfield beats Bevercreek at the buzzer on a 60ft buzzer beater.. What in the heck is going on in the GWOC? Could be a 3 way shared title after Friday night.
It was an ugly loss for the Elks and a bad night for the top GWOC seeds. What a weird year for basketball!

Are you sure about Trotwood and the transfer situation? The work involved to play in that system is so complex not every kid is willing to put in the work to play in it. So it is not as easy as just transferring, which by the way they've had none in their three consecutive trips to Columbus all homegrown talent with the exception of Myles Belyeu(17' came from Georgia whose dad is a Trotwood grad that came back home) and Courtney Blake whose a junior that came back to Trotwood after being in North Carolina 2 years but grew up in Trotwood and he's just now adjusting to the system at 21 games in.

And just to boast a bit the last Dayton area team to beat Moeller, guess who?
Northridge, believe it or not. A weird game I’d you ask me.

LOL, they beat them 3 times that year I believe.....
Yes they did. 3rd game we led all but last 2 minutes. Believe the first game was the fight. Which probably led to the weird event tonight of Wayne recognizing Springfield seniors before the game

In 14' Trotwood beat Middletown, Wayne, Lasalle and Moeller consecutively to get to Columbus only to get blasted by Upper Arlington by 30 in the semis'.
That team had no player over 6'2' but started the current run they're on now, just a bunch of tough kids in that 14' class.

What year was that Northridge beat Moeller?

In 14' Trotwood beat Middletown, Wayne, Lasalle and Moeller consecutively to get to Columbus only to get blasted by Upper Arlington by 30 in the semis'.
That team had no player over 6'2' but started the current run they're on now, just a bunch of tough kids in that 14' class.

What year was that Northridge beat Moeller?
15.. same year Springfield beat Moeller twice but lost to Wayne 3 times ??‍♂️??‍♂️