Dayton Area Basketball

Moeller has been very good over the last couple years. They were likely on their way to a 3rd straight state championship. Is the coaching that bad there? I don't know any details about that there.

As for Moeller, they've knocked out Centerville and Wayne over the past 2-3 years. Including Centerville the last 2 years. It does appear that Centerville did play them closer this past year than they played them the 3 times in 2018 and 2019. Centerville is returning 5 out of their top 6 leading scorers, and it appears they will have some size. Any chance Centerville can knock them off in the next few years?
I thought Centerville had a chance to hang with Moe this year until they lost their starting center to La Lamiere Prep. That was a big loss and changed the dynamics of their starting line-up. With Njie, the Elks would have been big & athletic (6'9", 6'7", 6'5", 6'2", 6'1"). Without Njie, the Elks will lack the depth in the paint to contend with Moe and to guard or score out of the post position. I do expect the Elks to run through the GWOC with ease.

Centerville will be good but will not run through gwoc with ease. Wayne will be good return entire team and added a player from Thurgood. Creek will still be really good with Duvall leading the way. But nobody around is going to contend with Moe this year they lost 1 player off last years team

Centerville will be good but will not run through gwoc with ease. Wayne will be good return entire team and added a player from Thurgood. Creek will still be really good with Duvall leading the way. But nobody around is going to contend with Moe this year they lost 1 player off last years team

Hamilton may have a shot to contend with Moe. They picked up a 7 footer who is committed to Auburn... transferred in from Hawaii. Rumblings they may have a couple others that have followed him. And Moeller lost Land and Currin who were seniors last year, and McCracken who was a junior last year moved out of state.

Hamilton may have a shot to contend with Moe. They picked up a 7 footer who is committed to Auburn... transferred in from Hawaii. Rumblings they may have a couple others that have followed him. And Moeller lost Land and Currin who were seniors last year, and McCracken who was a junior last year moved out of state.
Didn’t know Mccracken moved that may hurt

I thought Centerville had a chance to hang with Moe this year until they lost their starting center to La Lamiere Prep. That was a big loss and changed the dynamics of their starting line-up. With Njie, the Elks would have been big & athletic (6'9", 6'7", 6'5", 6'2", 6'1"). Without Njie, the Elks will lack the depth in the paint to contend with Moe and to guard or score out of the post position. I do expect the Elks to run through the GWOC with ease.
It is great to have big guys, but you need the skill too. Is Cupps 6’1”? Moe has skill, IQ, size and EXPERIENCE.

Will the GWOC be competitive? Can they hang with those loaded cincy teams?
CVILLE and Wayne with maybe everybody but Moeller. East and Oak Hills are usually tough. Princeton is looking better. No GWOC team could win the GMC.

Exactly. After last year, they want his first team all-state nomination to be fathomable.

I am not saying that he is not a good player.
I saw him 3-4 times last year and was not overly impressed. he is good, not great IMO. I thought he took too many shots and did little to make his teammates better. Curious that Njie's family decided to move on. I have always been a fan of coach Cupps as an outside observer, but Njie leaving does bring some questions to my mind about the focus of the program. mind you, the young man was a freshman, so there is reason to expect improvement in the areas of shot volume and improving his teammates. just felt to me like he was too much of the focus of the team last season.

I saw him 3-4 times last year and was not overly impressed. he is good, not great IMO. I thought he took too many shots and did little to make his teammates better. Curious that Njie's family decided to move on. I have always been a fan of coach Cupps as an outside observer, but Njie leaving does bring some questions to my mind about the focus of the program. mind you, the young man was a freshman, so there is reason to expect improvement in the areas of shot volume and improving his teammates. just felt to me like he was too much of the focus of the team last season.
I watched CVille a couple of times. He was good. Had some turnovers, good passes made some shots, forced some things and seemed to tire a little. He was a freshman and with his build I guess that was to be expected. Hopefully, I will get to watch them play this year.

I watched CVille a couple of times. He was good. Had some turnovers, good passes made some shots, forced some things and seemed to tire a little. He was a freshman and with his build I guess that was to be expected. Hopefully, I will get to watch them play this year.
yes. similar thoughts from me. i am sure he will improve. i tend to put a lot of value on how one's play improves a team and i thought he was a little short on that.

Lakota East blew out Hamilton in their opener. Heard the two transfer weren’t very good. Seven footer ran around on the perimeter the whole game. It was a blowout. Lead reached 30 at one point.

Lakota East blew out Hamilton in their opener. Heard the two transfer weren’t very good. Seven footer ran around on the perimeter the whole game. It was a blowout. Lead reached 30 at one point.

Yep... surprising. You'd think a 7 footer committed to Auburn would be a little more dominant.

yes. similar thoughts from me. i am sure he will improve. i tend to put a lot of value on how one's play improves a team and i thought he was a little short on that.
Yes but he was a freshman. Hard to tell how he improved the team since we don't have an alternate universe where he wasn't on the team last season.

A lot of 7-footers get recruited on potential. There's just not that many of them out there.
i believe i did mention his age in my earlier post and i suggested in the one you quoted that i expect he will improve. i do however have the ability to judge a player's contribution to his team and whether or not his play lifted the play of his teammates. It is my opinion that he did not show well in that respect. I believe he needs to improve that facet of his game.

i believe i did mention his age in my earlier post and i suggested in the one you quoted that i expect he will improve. i do however have the ability to judge a player's contribution to his team and whether or not his play lifted the play of his teammates. It is my opinion that he did not show well in that respect. I believe he needs to improve that facet of his game.
Sorry to offend your observational capabilities. Guess you didn't recognize tongue in cheek. Is there an emoji for that so I can use it in the future?

Can't teach height, quickest way to make money! Run the court. rebound, make lay-ups = multi-millionaire
Surprising how many can't do even that. But need to be able to shoot a bit now to to make the big bucks. But should be able to get D1 scholarship and contribute doing what you said.

We are going to find out really quick about where the Elks are - play Lasalle tomorrow and at Moeller on Saturday.

I disagree some coaches start out getting players to transfer and then it takes off from there for example Wayne boys side was just ok at best then hired Trice he had a few guys come in and it took off. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but I can’t blame any coach for attempting it especially when you see whats going on at schools like Moeller
Trice first year at Wayne was 2008. Wayne went 21-3. Knocked off Elder and Kyle Rudolph in the districts before falling to Withrow and Yancy Gates in the Regionals. “ok” at best? ?.

Not a single Varsity starter or contributor moved in or transferred in that year. All homegrown Huber kids.

The following year Trice, Wagner, Williams all made the jump to Varsity. The rest is history.

Trice first year at Wayne was 2008. Wayne went 21-3. Knocked off Elder and Kyle Rudolph in the districts before falling to Withrow and Yancy Gates in the Regionals. “ok” at best? ?.

Not a single Varsity starter or contributor moved in or transferred in that year. All homegrown Huber kids.

The following year Trice, Wagner, Williams all made the jump to Varsity. The rest is history.
Read more closely. He said Wayne was ok at best before Trice hired.