Dayton Area Basketball

Not knocking Trotwood schedule because it is loaded. Springfield hasn’t dodged anyone. Last few years has included Trotwood, Moeller, Pick Central, couple different Hilliard schools, Upper Arlington, ftth games, Hamilton, have played dps teams, Aiken.

I think the poster was saying playing Moeller, Lasalle, Elder, Princeton, Lakota, in regionals is a little different. He could he right he could be wrong we will never know. Yes we know Trotwood beat Moeller 6 years ago I would like to see another matchup. Im not sure who would win if im betting im probably picking Moeller because of their size and shooting bu Trotwood won’t back down
Moeller has been the only consistent power from the GCL and GMC areas. East has been pretty tough, but ...... Right now, I think Columbus is hands down better than SW Ohio. Trotwood is the real deal.

Moeller has lost one game in Ohio in 3 years to Akron STVM. Moeller remains loaded. Max Preps rated Moeller/STVM tied for the top program in Ohio over the past Decade. Trotwood Fans the Irish are loaded and if they remain D2 will be the favorite to bring home the hardware in 20-21 & 21-22.

Moeller has been the only consistent power from the GCL and GMC areas. East has been pretty tough, but ...... Right now, I think Columbus is hands down better than SW Ohio. Trotwood is the real deal.
Columbus is the hot bed I agree but think a lot of it is how fast Columbus is growing and Dayton seems to be declining. Amazing none of those Columbus schools have won on boys d1 side in a while

Columbus is the hot bed I agree but think a lot of it is how fast Columbus is growing and Dayton seems to be declining. Amazing none of those Columbus schools have won on boys d1 side in a while
It is amazing. A lot has to Moeller, of course. The team that has dropped the ball more than once is Columbus Northland.

Well now that its released 5 candidates for Springfield

Matt Yinger- interim coach
Shawn Mccullough-Thurgood
Greg Waites- Grove City
Jamie Pearson- Dublin Jerome
Mohammad Khaliq- Richmond

Well now that its released 5 candidates for Springfield

Matt Yinger- interim coach
Shawn Mccullough-Thurgood
Greg Waites- Grove City
Jamie Pearson- Dublin Jerome
Mohammad Khaliq- Richmond
Is Mohammad Khaliq an alias for Shabaz Khaliq who is listed as current Richmond IN basketball coach? If so, that could be an interesting hire.

The coach from Jerome was the state coach of the year in D1 a few years ago. He did a really impressive job at a place that hadn't previously seen much success, winning about 75% of his games in a really good league and district.

It's going to be hard to go wrong here. Several good options that ought to be able to maintain if not elevate the level of the program.

The coach from Jerome was the state coach of the year in D1 a few years ago. He did a really impressive job at a place that hadn't previously seen much success, winning about 75% of his games in a really good league and district.

It's going to be hard to go wrong here. Several good options that ought to be able to maintain if not elevate the level of the program.
I think Jerome had some struggles last year. However, like you said, they play a tough schedule. I think Bradley held them to 26, in the entire game.

Last edited:
He did step back a couple years ago. The well may have been dry, but I believe they only lost about a dozen games total the last three of his four years. That school had only had one winning season in their relatively brief history before him.

He did step back a couple years ago. The well may have been dry, but I believe they only lost about a dozen games total the last three of his four years. That school had only had one winning season in their relatively brief history before him.
That is a good 4 year run. Guy from Indiana seems to have had a lot of success as well. Springfield has 5 qualities candidates so should be in good hands

Heard the kid from Stivers Lattimore who passed the 1,000 point mark last year has transferred to West Carrollton.

West Carrollton on the rebound!! A strong WC is great great for the dayton sports community.
Should be a nice team for WC, and the community could use that because it always seems like WC has talent, but always ended up at a different school.

Should be a nice team for WC, and the community could use that because it always seems like WC has talent, but always ended up at a different school.
If you say so. Boy, it must have been every bit of talent leaving for quite a while. Last 6 years in GWOC (up until last season) they were 14-124 overall including 2 times 0-23. Seem like the shift in conference helped (to Miami Valley) since they went 14-4 in conference and 3-3 outside. Still lost 2nd round tourney game but experiencing the winning feeling can propel a program if they have players.

Or maybe young Mr. Lattimore would like to get 20 shots a game. Who knows? What is the basis for his transfer - parents move?

If you say so. Boy, it must have been every bit of talent leaving for quite a while. Last 6 years in GWOC (up until last season) they were 14-124 overall including 2 times 0-23. Seem like the shift in conference helped (to Miami Valley) since they went 14-4 in conference and 3-3 outside. Still lost 2nd round tourney game but experiencing the winning feeling can propel a program if they have players.

Or maybe young Mr. Lattimore would like to get 20 shots a game. Who knows? What is the basis for his transfer - parents move?
Brandon McDonald, Alters running back from WC who will be playing for West Virginia after this season I know it’s football but goes hand and hand, also Matt See Alters best o lineman has a bunch of MAC school offers the list goes on and on for whatever reason they don’t stay at WC, as for the kid wanting 20 shots per game believe he was pretty much getting that at Stivers.

Brandon McDonald, Alters running back from WC who will be playing for West Virginia after this season I know it’s football but goes hand and hand, also Matt See Alters best o lineman has a bunch of MAC school offers the list goes on and on for whatever reason they don’t stay at WC, as for the kid wanting 20 shots per game believe he was pretty much getting that at Stivers.
Yes so football has been terrible as well. Does 1 running back change things? Let alone a MAC lineman. Why did they transfer and did it matter about their college landings? Why hand in hand? Maybe academic upgrade since WC lower than Alter there. Any basketball examples? Not bashing WC but just curious as to the basis for your original position that talented ballers are leaving WC for other schools.

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that WC actually has some talent, but the retention rate of talent there is poor. Same with Stebbins. Both communities have a fair amount of transience in general and talented kids leave for better athletic programs and academics at privates and larger publics.

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that WC actually has some talent, but the retention rate of talent there is poor. Same with Stebbins. Both communities have a fair amount of transience in general and talented kids leave for better athletic programs and academics at privates and larger publics.
Sorry but "common knowledge" doesn't always connect to reality. To reiterate, not banging on WC but would like to hear examples. Thanks.

But, it could get them kicked out of their league.
Man,
Yes so football has been terrible as well. Does 1 running back change things? Let alone a MAC lineman. Why did they transfer and did it matter about their college landings? Why hand in hand? Maybe academic upgrade since WC lower than Alter there. Any basketball examples? Not bashing WC but just curious as to the basis for your original position that talented ballers are leaving WC for other schools.
A rb going to high d1 can carry a program especially in the soft mvc. Harder when u get in the tourney.

Wc football was extremly competitive last year and took a step in the right direction.

The arrow is trending up!

Sorry but "common knowledge" doesn't always connect to reality. To reiterate, not banging on WC but would like to hear examples. Thanks.

The starting QB the last 2-3 years at CJ was from Stebbins. The guy above has WC examples.

I'm more of a basketball guy, and long ago I was told by Stebbins folks that they often sucked because the best guys always end up at Alter and CJ. Junior high isn't an end all be all, but both WC and Mad River (Stebbins) usually are solid to good relative to GWOC schools at that age level. During their CBC stretch Mad River was often dominant in junior high while Stebbins was awful at the high school level. It almost never translates up to high school due to transfers and eligibility.

The starting QB the last 2-3 years at CJ was from Stebbins. The guy above has WC examples.

I'm more of a basketball guy, and long ago I was told by Stebbins folks that they often sucked because the best guys always end up at Alter and CJ. Junior high isn't an end all be all, but both WC and Mad River (Stebbins) usually are solid to good relative to GWOC schools at that age level. During their CBC stretch Mad River was often dominant in junior high while Stebbins was awful at the high school level. It almost never translates up to high school due to transfers and eligibility.
Sorry but I was talking about basketball on the basketball site. and also only about WC. I get the point about Stebbins because they are int eh DPL which should have more transfers.

Sorry but I was talking about basketball on the basketball site. and also only about WC. I get the point about Stebbins because they are int eh DPL which should have more transfers.
You might be right on the basketball side of things, because I could only come up with more football players that have left in the last few years maybe a baseball player or two, but I’m guessing a few of those kids get put on the basketball team they probably don’t have 0-23 seasons, I know the McDonald kid could play seen him on a team with a kid I know and played pretty well same with the See kid, again guessing but you’re probably right with the academy’s and a chance to have better coaching with better exposure to D1 schools.