Dayton Area Basketball

Do you think Rocky is 50% responsible for Trotwood’s mindset? Speaking of FTTH, I love watching Trotwood play highly ranked teams. Nobody is special in their eyes and they are going to get up in you stuff.

Any allure for the Trootwood coach to go against the top D1 teams in the state? Sometimes a new challenge is very enticing. What more could he accomplish at Trootwood that he has not already?

Any allure for the Trootwood coach to go against the top D1 teams in the state? Sometimes a new challenge is very enticing. What more could he accomplish at Trootwood that he has not already?
Nice point...a chance to slay the beast Moeller will entice any competitive coach as Rockhold is.

I would love to see Trotwood vs. Moeller. I know Trotwood always reloads, but will they be as good next year as they have been the last couple of years? They are losing over 60 points a game in scoring with losing Anderson/Blanton/Huguely.

I would love to see Trotwood vs. Moeller. I know Trotwood always reloads, but will they be as good next year as they have been the last couple of years? They are losing over 60 points a game in scoring with losing Anderson/Blanton/Huguely.
Replacing the production of those three will be a tough task, but the next man up philosophy of Trotwood is impressive. Still have great experience in Uber quick Carter Mims. Super underrated! I hadn’t see the Blake kid who transferred until I watched a Trotwood game this year, and he exploded for 20+. Loved the smoothness to his game. Skilled player. You also have Tymier Blanton. I can see a breakout year for him. Elite athlete. Raglin is 6’5-6’6 freakish athlete who provides great size. Trotwood will still be very deep as always. With Rockhold as the leader. Sky’s the limit for this team. On top of that you have some freshmen coming in that will play this year. I will be watching more Trotwood games this year.

Replacing the production of those three will be a tough task, but the next man up philosophy of Trotwood is impressive. Still have great experience in Uber quick Carter Mims. Super underrated! I hadn’t see the Blake kid who transferred until I watched a Trotwood game this year, and he exploded for 20+. Loved the smoothness to his game. Skilled player. You also have Tymier Blanton. I can see a breakout year for him. Elite athlete. Raglin is 6’5-6’6 freakish athlete who provides great size. Trotwood will still be very deep as always. With Rockhold as the leader. Sky’s the limit for this team. On top of that you have some freshmen coming in that will play this year. I will be watching more Trotwood games this year.
It's so impressive the way they just reload there. It feels like every year they lose a 25 point per game scorer, and they don't miss a beat. Someone else just steps up and they keep on winning.

Moeller would get killed by any of the top national teams -- IMG, Montverde, Wasatch, Oak Hill, Sunrise Christian, Hillcrest, Prolific Prep . . . they are on a different level. They could just start by playing the good teams in Cleveland and Columbus (refused to play Hilliard Bradley or St. Ed's) over the last couple years. Just fyi--Spire was a 1 year wonder--they were horrible this past year.

Back when Wayne won the state championship they played many nationally ranked teams and played with all of them including defeating the #1 team in the Country.

Montverde 64 Wayne 59
Wayne 67 Reserve Riverside Academy 62
Wayne 53 Whitney Young 49
Sierra Canyon 61 Wayne 56 OT (Wayne blew a double digit lead and a 7 point lead in the final minutes leading to OT)
Wayne 76 Findlay College Prep 68 (Findlay Prep was the #1 ranked team in the nation)

Point, I would not count Moeller out against these squads when they have 5 to 7 solid D1 players on their roster.

Interesting to see if Springfield moves quickly on the hire with gov. new order last week allowing contact sports to start back. Pullen would be an awesome hire and great for the program

Are there any schedules out yet? If so, post. I would like to start analyzing and planning to see some marquee games around the Dayton area and state. I know teams like Trotwood, Wayne, Thurgood usually schedule good teams. Does Trotwood play Hilliard Bradley again? That would be a good one.

Are there any schedules out yet? If so, post. I would like to start analyzing and planning to see some marquee games around the Dayton area and state. I know teams like Trotwood, Wayne, Thurgood usually schedule good teams. Does Trotwood play Hilliard Bradley again? That would be a good one.
Is Bradley a one year wonder? I thought the State Player of the Year was a Senior.

What does that mean? I don't understand your question....Trotwood plays a tough schedule every year including so called tough D1's they have no problem with who they play in fact, 97% of their schedule is D1. The fascination over D1 is absolutely ludicrous! JUST BECAUSE A SCHOOL HAS MORE BOYS THAN ANOTHER MEANS ABSOLUTEY NOTHING!!! And fyi the last time Trotwood played Moeller they won in a D1 regional-semi with both current head coaches then beat another GCL so called "power" in the regional championship!

What does that mean? I don't understand your question....Trotwood plays a tough schedule every year including so called tough D1's they have no problem with who they play in fact, 97% of their schedule is D1. The fascination over D1 is absolutely ludicrous! JUST BECAUSE A SCHOOL HAS MORE BOYS THAN ANOTHER MEANS ABSOLUTEY NOTHING!!! And fyi the last time Trotwood played Moeller they won in a D1 regional-semi with both current head coaches then beat another GCL so called "power" in the regional championship!
Geesh, calm down. Just saying a coach might like to win a title in a bigger school division. If you want to freak out about that with big cap sentences you have issues. No idea if its true or not just a sentence on a message board.

That was a great game. Moeller completely melted down and outcoached.

Geesh, calm down. Just saying a coach might like to win a title in a bigger school division. If you want to freak out about that with big cap sentences you have issues. No idea if its true or not just a sentence on a message board.
The point is why? He has nothing to prove by winning a big school Division title it won't add more credibility to his career. When he does play them he beats them and dominates most of them.

The point is why? He has nothing to prove by winning a big school Division title it won't add more credibility to his career. When he does play them he beats them and dominates most of them.

I dont think the idea would be to prove but just to compete on a different stage. Not a crazy concept. The idea of coaches moving into schools with tougher competitive situations is common(I know you get that). Springfield is a much better situation long term than whatever is going on at Trotwood due to the conference situation. Some guys enjoy a challenge of competing against different/better environments some folks like status quo. Neither bad in my opinion.

You could argue if Twood stays independant then they could schedule very hard like they do now. But playing northridge deep in the tournament vs what Springfield has to go through are different worlds in my opinion. (No shoot at Polar Bears, one of the most underrated basketball programs in the city)

I dont think the idea would be to prove but just to compete on a different stage. Not a crazy concept. The idea of coaches moving into schools with tougher competitive situations is common(I know you get that). Springfield is a much better situation long term than whatever is going on at Trotwood due to the conference situation. Some guys enjoy a challenge of competing against different/better environments some folks like status quo. Neither bad in my opinion.

You could argue if Twood stays independant then they could schedule very hard like they do now. But playing northridge deep in the tournament vs what Springfield has to go through are different worlds in my opinion. (No shoot at Polar Bears, one of the most underrated basketball programs in the city)

I like Northridge’s coach: smart, experienced, a cool customer and a winner.

Left everyone on a cliffhanger lol.

With schools starting skills training sessions, I would think Springfield will be hiring a coach at their next board meeting which should be in the next 1-2 weeks.

But what you're missing is the teams Springfield play deep in the D1 tournament Trotwood beats including Springfield and Centerville the last 3 seasons and Wayne last season in which Wayne is always a barn-burner rivalry. How many of those D1 teams beat St. Vincent St. Mary? They won't even play them. I don't think any of the teams in the teams you consider to be D1 powers locally could go up to Hilliard Bradley(#2 D1 in Ohio, 50+ home game win streak) and lead the whole game and won: game was a half -court tempo game from tip to buzzer! I mean what more do they(Rocky) have to do?
Furthermore, in the long run, Trotwood will be fine at least the next 4 to 5 years and everyone makes the tournament so basketball wise being independent helps them! Your logic makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Not knocking Trotwood schedule because it is loaded. Springfield hasn’t dodged anyone. Last few years has included Trotwood, Moeller, Pick Central, couple different Hilliard schools, Upper Arlington, ftth games, Hamilton, have played dps teams, Aiken.

I think the poster was saying playing Moeller, Lasalle, Elder, Princeton, Lakota, in regionals is a little different. He could he right he could be wrong we will never know. Yes we know Trotwood beat Moeller 6 years ago I would like to see another matchup. Im not sure who would win if im betting im probably picking Moeller because of their size and shooting bu Trotwood won’t back down

But what you're missing is the teams Springfield play deep in the D1 tournament Trotwood beats including Springfield and Centerville the last 3 seasons and Wayne last season in which Wayne is always a barn-burner rivalry. How many of those D1 teams beat St. Vincent St. Mary? They won't even play them. I don't think any of the teams in the teams you consider to be D1 powers locally could go up to Hilliard Bradley(#2 D1 in Ohio, 50+ home game win streak) and lead the whole game and won: game was a half -court tempo game from tip to buzzer! I mean what more do they(Rocky) have to do?
Furthermore, in the long run, Trotwood will be fine at least the next 4 to 5 years and everyone makes the tournament so basketball wise being independent helps them! Your logic makes no sense at all.

I'm not sure what the discussion is about but just to correct you on something Wayne did play St. Vincent St. Mary in 2018 and beat them 68-57. They were suppose to play them in 2019 but the weather kept it from happening.