Dayton Area Basketball

They get 22 games a year... Last year they played Lutheran East, Chillicothe, Medina, SVSM, teams from Ga. NC. MD, and FL, the GCLSx2, Centerville, Wayne, Hughes, Springfield, and Turpin. That is a LOADED schedule for anyone. I have no idea about FTTH and I assume you don't either but are just saying they turn it down every year without any real knowledge.

You do not know about Fly’in to the Hoop? Wow. It is a four day event in January, at Kettering. I usually go one or two days. Check it out sometime.

You do not know about Fly’in to the Hoop? Wow. It is a four day event in January, at Kettering. I usually go one or two days. Check it out sometime.
I think he meant that either that person or himself knows about communications the people running the flying to the hoop have had with Moeller, not that he doesn't know about the showcase.

I think he meant that either that person or himself knows about communications the people running the flying to the hoop have had with Moeller, not that he doesn't know about the showcase.

Hence my surprise due to the misinterpretation. Thanks.

They get 22 games a year... Last year they played Lutheran East, Chillicothe, Medina, SVSM, teams from Ga. NC. MD, and FL, the GCLSx2, Centerville, Wayne, Hughes, Springfield, and Turpin. That is a LOADED schedule for anyone. I have no idea about FTTH and I assume you don't either but are just saying they turn it down every year without any real knowledge.
Just check this out... in the history section it has a list of NBA players that have played in the FTTH...

https://flyintothehoop.com/

On the flip side, I have been hoping one of the teams that I support Troy Christian would get asked to participate. Some of the other DIV teams that get in I feel frustrated at least TC should be in the conversation with them. I have been told it due to gate, which if you look at what shows up to support them in sectional finals and regionals etc its very strong.

Heck, the TC teams that was not one of its best this year had a great turnout for a sectional final. It seems a part of FTTH selection is based on fan draw ticket sales. (Which it has to be to support the event). You would think Moeller would bring a gigantic crowd. But, you only have so many games and if if a team has its travel booked 2-3 years in advanced its kind of booked.

On the flip side, I have been hoping one of the teams that I support Troy Christian would get asked to participate. Some of the other DIV teams that get in I feel frustrated at least TC should be in the conversation with them. I have been told it due to gate, which if you look at what shows up to support them in sectional finals and regionals etc its very strong.

Heck, the TC teams that was not one of its best this year had a great turnout for a sectional final. It seems a part of FTTH selection is based on fan draw ticket sales. (Which it has to be to support the event). You would think Moeller would bring a gigantic crowd. But, you only have so many games and if if a team has its travel booked 2-3 years in advanced its kind of booked.

“It seems a part of FTTH selection is based on fan draw ticket sales. (Which it has to be to support the event).” You are DEFINITELY right about that.

I am interested in the hoops event that Middletown hold that same weekend. I may check that out this year.

Come on man ? I was talking about the inner dealings of scheduling for FTTH and how Moe supposedly always declines.

Come on man ? I was talking about the inner dealings of scheduling for FTTH and how Moe supposedly always declines.
My bad Elder. Philly already set me straight. I was thinking to myself, surely he knows what the FTTH is as much as he talks hoops otherwise. Lol lol The laugh is on me.

Lol questioning Moeller schedule is hilarious. Not to mention they beat SVSM the year before by 30 and St. Eds in state semis by 20 im sure they are dodging top teams

Hence my surprise due to the misinterpretation. Thanks.
The FTTH organizer confirmed to me that Moeller turns them down every year after I asked him why Moeller isn't on the schedule. Moeller told him it is a waste of time. The translation is they don't want to lose so close to home.

The FTTH organizer confirmed to me that Moeller turns them down every year after I asked him why Moeller isn't on the schedule. Moeller told him it is a waste of time. The translation is they don't want to lose so close to home.
It seems goofy that they would turn it down every year. It wouldn't necessarily mean that they would lose. Regardless, whatever they are doing at Moeller is working. A running record of 82-4 over the past 3 years which would have likely resulted in 3 straight championships. I'm not going to bash them too much. But being a fan of Ohio high school basketball, it would be nice to see them take on a National powerhouse..

Some coaches turn the opportunity down. Not sure if that is the case with Troy Christian. Prior to the current coach arriving they would play a pre season game in Indianapolis following a Pacers game. Not continuing the tradition was the current coaches decision.

Moeller was one possession against Jackson and a pandemic away from a 4-peat. I'd like to see them make a FTTH appearance, but it's hard to question their schedule strength or philosophy.

Springfield job finally posted. Curious to see if there's any big names that try to make a play here. After a few years of "building" after North and South consolidated, I think it's become apparent that they should be in GWOC and district championship contention more often than not.

Probably a rebuild (maybe more of a reload) situation at the present, but a really good opportunity nonetheless.

Springfield job finally posted. Curious to see if there's any big names that try to make a play here. After a few years of "building" after North and South consolidated, I think it's become apparent that they should be in GWOC and district championship contention more often than not.

Probably a rebuild (maybe more of a reload) situation at the present, but a really good opportunity nonetheless.

Agreed! With Sarensen at London now, it’ll be interesting what big names come up.

Last edited:

After Carson provided stability and kept talent in town Springfield has shown to be a consistent winner as you say. Rumor mill has Trice or Rockhold as who they want now if they get one that’s another story. Sarenson? No way he was ever considered haha

After Carson provided stability and kept talent in town Springfield has shown to be a consistent winner as you say. Rumor mill has Trice or Rockhold as who they want now if they get one that’s another story. Sarenson? No way he was ever considered haha

Your obsession with that guy is borderline unhealthy. I hope you're doing ok.

Your obsession with that guy is borderline unhealthy. I hope you're doing ok.
lol the comment was in response to FanforSarensons post “With Sarensen at London now, it’ll be interesting what big names come up.“ he continues to bring him up for no reason. I just reply to the nonsense but nice try?. In concerns to Springfield’s job if they get another coach who stays for an extended period of time they have the talent, toughness and physical play to give Moeller trouble from time to time

I'm sure they'd love Trice...South should have hired him a long time ago, and by extension, he should have been the first coach at Springfield.

Zero chance Rocky is leaving the juggernaut he has at Trotwood.

It will be interesting. Unlike the football hiring with Douglass, due to state budget cuts related to COVID I doubt they're going to be able to create a cushy day job for whoever they want.

I'm sure they'd love Trice...South should have hired him a long time ago, and by extension, he should have been the first coach at Springfield.

It will be interesting. Unlike the football hiring with Douglass, due to state budget cuts related to COVID I doubt they're going to be able to create a cushy day job for whoever they want.
Just think what the current state of their program would look like had they originally hired Trice....I believe Wayne’s state team had 3-4 Springfield guys on it. Wonder if they call Pete Pullen. He got a raw deal at Dayton city after building a dynasty at Dunbar

Just think what the current state of their program would look like had they originally hired Trice....I believe Wayne’s state team had 3-4 Springfield guys on it. Wonder if they call Pete Pullen. He got a raw deal at Dayton city after building a dynasty at Dunbar

That'd be interesting.

Do you think Rocky is 50% responsible for Trotwood’s mindset? Speaking of FTTH, I love watching Trotwood play highly ranked teams. Nobody is special in their eyes and they are going to get up in you stuff.

That would be terrific. I think that he enjoys coaching the girls.

a lot of jobs open at the school. Don’t be so sure about the cushy job. Also 2 other schools on campus plus a stem school a lot of things can happen. Also don’t be so sure about the Zero chance Rocky leaves. I have no sources but remember Trotwood goes independent this coming year interested to see how they schedule games

a lot of jobs open at the school. Don’t be so sure about the cushy job. Also 2 other schools on campus plus a stem school a lot of things can happen. Also don’t be so sure about the Zero chance Rocky leaves. I have no sources but remember Trotwood goes independent this coming year interested to see how they schedule games
I don’t think being an independent would be impact whether Rocky leaves or not. Rocky will try to play the best regardless. In fact I can see Trotwood loading up there schedule. Not sure who’s on the upcoming but I hear that they may play Moeller this year. He also has a team returning that can make a strong run this year. They are loaded for the next years. Strong freshman class entering this also.

I'm not sure about Springfield, but other big districts in the area like Centerville are going to lose a couple million in state funding over the virus. Budgets are going to get a little bit tighter the next few years and it's hard seeing anyone get the type of deal Mo Douglass got, pretty much anywhere. The next coach is going to have to either fill an already open teaching job or be somebody that doesn't need a school job IMO.

Being independent might actually be a positive in basketball for Trotwood. GCL schools and city league schools that have a lower number of league games always need opponents and are used to traveling a lot. The GWOC schools that want the competition will still schedule them. As DYT said, I could see them loading up, and it will only make them even tougher.

Springfield would have hit the ground running on day one instead of stumbling around the first 4-5 years, and they very well might have a state title under their belts at this point. The year that Wayne won it, Springfield got red hot in mid-January before falling to Wayne in a very competitive game in the regional finals. Add the Trice kid and maybe a couple others and they would have been extremely good on paper at the end of that year.

Springfield would have hit the ground running on day one instead of stumbling around the first 4-5 years, and they very well might have a state title under their belts at this point. The year that Wayne won it, Springfield got red hot in mid-January before falling to Wayne in a very competitive game in the regional finals. Add the Trice kid and maybe a couple others and they would have been extremely good on paper at the end of that year.
Add Trice, Williams and Parker to the wildcats they bring home the state title.