Day 1

Old Wildcat

Well today is the first day of baseball. It's sad to think that the seniors start there final high school sport season. My god it went by so fast. Good luck to all the spring athletes
Now here's hoping mother Nature cooperates this year.

Starting my 8th season helping out with the Fort Recovery baseball program. Always exciting to see the new faces of the Freshmen, and see how the older guys have grown since last year. Went 14-15 last year, 2 losses to State Champion Coldwater. (Those losses hurt as much as any we had). We only had one senior last year, so we get everyone back but one. Need some pitching to step up!

I'm excited to be back coaching at Triway after 8 years off. I agree with fortfan - always fun and exciting to see the changes in players from year-to-year. I enjoy watching kids as they mature into leaders and take on various roles on the team. We went 8-16 last year but lose 0 pitchers and only 2 seniors. We only have 3 seniors this year, but otherwise good numbers in our junior through freshman classes, so hoping to regain some momentum this season.

Last edited:
Need to sacrifice a rubber chicken to the baseball gods for good weather. First day of tryouts today, also first day of cuts. More on this later.