David Montgomery

HighSchoolFB45

I was blessed with the opportunity to see him play in person at Mt. Healthy. Amazing player.

In 2015 he lit Massillon up for 329 yds rushing and passing. One of the best I’ve ever watched in person.

He made that Mt. Healthy team one of the top teams in the state himself. They went 7-3 in the regular season and lost to 13-1 Bishop Fenwick by 8, Glen Este by 1, and Massillon by 2. Then they lost to an undefeated Wapak team that finished #2 in the AP poll by 5 in the second round. They might have won that game against Wapak if he didn’t break his ankle in the 3rd quarter. Yet he still played the rest of the game. Shows a lot of character.

Watched him play many times in high school and the dude was a stud. I know some people close to the program and they say he is a class act. Had he not got hurt against Loveland in regionals Healthy might have very well won state.

Even better kid too. He and his mother made it out of some pretty bad circumstances. He and Coach Crouch help many kids regardless of what the outcome on the field.

Scary thing, he and Deshaunte Jones (who is having a big year at Iowa State and was the D1 offensive player of year at Colerain) were in the same backfield at Colerain Middle School. He was pretty close to being at Colerain but I think he made the best decision for himself to stay at Mt. Healthy.

David is a great football player and an even better person. I wish him all the success he can take in the future.

awesome person. Has to be the example for A LOT of kids around the tri state that with hard work and the right mind set you CAN succeed