Dave Dobson from Centerville named new Head XC Coach at University of Dayton

Congratulations. College coaching is another level of enjoyment as a coach. More time to prepare athletes, and dealing with now young adults is different as well. Welcome to the hills of Oakwood.

I see Connor Ewert is on the team. Sorry to change the topic, but what is going on with Taylor Ewert these days? After all the Summer meets this year I never ran across her name.

Here is her TFRRS profile. She hasn't raced for UofA since early last CC season and has yet to run an outdoor track meet. The school has not updated CC roster for this year.

1660141264757.png

1660141299927.png
1660141340073.png

Dobson should flourish there in xc since college athletes only race every other week and he should not have to sit his elite athletes out now.

I find it odd that they listed the names and ages of his children in the press release/ article. Good for them if they can take advantage of free tuition for 7 kids.

I find it odd that they listed the names and ages of his children in the press release/ article. Good for them if they can take advantage of free tuition for 7 kids.
That detail helps reinforce the image of a wholesome family man which is an image a Catholic school would have interest in projecting.

Reduced or free tuition is an even bigger benefit if the school is part of a consortium where any discount at Dayton is honored by other schools in the consortium.

Last edited:
That detail helps reinforce the image a wholesome family man which is an image a Catholic school would have interest in projecting.

Reduced or free tuition is an even bigger benefit if the school is part of a consortium where any discount at Dayton is honored by other schools in the consortium.
Wouldn't, "He and his wife and their 7 kids ranging in ages from 8 to 18." be good enough? I don't think it's wrong, but I'm not sure I would want my kids names and ages put out there. I just don't think I've often seen that.

I find it funny that the Dobson thread (from Centerville) turned into the Taylor Ewert thread (from Beavercreek).

These two schools are arch nemesis in the GWOC and Dayton area only being separated by 15 miles.

Dobson was/is a spectacular coach. Regardless of his state titles. If he never won any of the 5 state titles he still would be considered a hall of fame coach.

The University of Dayton is a unique place to recruit. Very similar to Xavier in Cincinnati and Butler in Indianapolis- no football just basketball. $45,000 just for tuition a year. Historically the school attracts many Dayton, Cincinnati area Catholics plus Indiana, Chicago, and the New York areas. Tough on the boy's side with no track. Especially since the inner city rival Wright State is now just recognizing men's track this coming spring.