Darryn Peterson

djcoach

Final 5 will be announced this weekend per his father

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-110926_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-110926_Facebook.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 108

Thanks djcoach but I have to laugh. Is this where we're at in life in 2021? An 8th grader having an announcement? Does he have a hat from each school?
You are so right. What has happened in America?

Isn't McKinley were he is home address would take him for high school classes?
No his family has built a house in Plain so McKinley is not home address.

For what it is worth I think it was always been SVSM and then wherever his home school was at. He was allowed to play in McKinley district while his father coached at McKinley, even though he lived across from hall of fame for a while which was Glenoak district also.

Last edited:
Whichever school promises him the most. I wonder if he will be involved with NIL before his high school days are done.
IMO he should go to St V.
Its kinda possible but as the kid from Texas going to Ohio St for Football Quinn Ewers has alluded he may leave high school early and move up to Columbus to get a handle on NIL and get acclimated to school and city. So as of now the high school athletes governed by normal organizations like OHSAA etc probably won't be able to cash in. Now prep schools etc governed by different rules may be allowed to partake. I know Mikey Williams a top 3 senior in this class is supposed to be cashing in but I am not sure on particulars

No his family has built a house in Plain so McKinley is not home address.

For what it is worth I think it was always been SVSM and then wherever his home school was at. He was allowed to play in McKinley district while his father coached at McKinley, even though he lived across from hall of fame for a while which was Glenoak district also.
So what is his home school?

So what is his home school?
Just guessing but probably where his dad coaches. All kidding a side as a long time McKinley fan I hope he comes to McKinley. I think the city needs somebody like him to generate some excitement in the basketball program that hasn't been there for a long time IMO. St. V will win the state regardless if he goes there or not but I can understand the LeBron factor for these players. I think his brother played football at Hoban so I kinda understand that. I have no idea who CVCA is and GlenOak I understand the coach factor but come on now. If you consider GlenOak you should just stay in the CCS system.

Last edited:
I may be showing my age but I wish we could go back to kids playing at their home school for their career. IMO, to many parents and kids think they are elite but yet they still chase someone else's success by going to a different school. If you truly are elite the success will be with you.

Its kinda possible but as the kid from Texas going to Ohio St for Football Quinn Ewers has alluded he may leave high school early and move up to Columbus to get a handle on NIL and get acclimated to school and city. So as of now the high school athletes governed by normal organizations like OHSAA etc probably won't be able to cash in. Now prep schools etc governed by different rules may be allowed to partake. I know Mikey Williams a top 3 senior in this class is supposed to be cashing in but I am not sure on particulars
In California you can get NIL money but you aren’t allowed to use the name of likeness of the high school. I imagine over the next 1-3 years this will change high school sports in a major way for elite recruits.

Last edited:
Just guessing but probably where his dad coaches. All kidding a side as a long time McKinley fan I hope he comes to McKinley. I think the city needs somebody like him to generate some excitement in the basketball program that hasn't been there for a long time IMO. St. V will win the state regardless if he goes there or not but I can understand the LeBron factor for these players. I think his brother played football at Hoban so I kinda understand that. I have no idea who CVCA is and GlenOak I understand the coach factor but come on now. If you consider GlenOak you should just stay in the CCS system.
Here is the breakdown

CVCA is in because Matt Futch played with Daryl and Akron and they are good friends still
Hoban is in mix because they treated his other son so well and it is a good school
Both are long shots
McKinley all his old teammates go there and he has good relationship with Coach V contrary to what some parents may say but I think its long shot

Now for the real two I think it comes down to
GlenOak is probably runner up they have new coaching staff and brought the kid who trains Darryn over to the program also, Conner Huth that will factor in a little
SVSM tradition and the quality team there now will allow him to go and be a part of the program his freshmen year potentially win state and wont have to carry a team. I think they are the likely destination.

All that being said don't think it matters, he will finish high school at elite prep school not at any of the schools listed.

No way this kid stays as #1 player in the class. Has to be something else out there. I will give him props tho, he’s got that going at 60% I’m not sweating or really interested look but I’m gonna score the 25 that are given to me going on …

No way this kid stays as #1 player in the class. Has to be something else out there. I will give him props tho, he’s got that going at 60% I’m not sweating or really interested look but I’m gonna score the 25 that are given to me going on …
First he isn't #1 in class for what it matters and I would love to see your basketball resume and accolades to determine if you can critique his game. I am pretty certain you have no idea what it took to get his game where it is now. I have seen him put in the work cause I ran some of his workouts. But its easier to sit back and take shots at an 8th grader. I will give you props for just being mad. Tell me how its his fault he is playing against 8th graders he is flat out better than and passes to his teammates and is a great kid who literally could just ball hog and score whenever he wants in an 8th grade school game. He is playing aau against juniors in high school the top players in country scoring 25 a game against them as a 14 year old lol

Do I agree with all this No not all. He should just enroll somewhere and be done with it but here we are

Are you serious? Maybe you overlooked a kid by the name of Kobe Johnson that played the last few years. He wasn't too bad.

1st Team DI All-State Junior and Senior Years
DI State Player of the Year Senior Year
All-Time Leading Career Scorer in Canton McKinley History

Surely, you've heard of him. ?

Are you serious? Maybe you overlooked a kid by the name of Kobe Johnson that played the last few years. He wasn't too bad.

If you didn't notice I wrote IMO. Your entitled to yours also. Any how this seems to have an LeBronish feel to it. I don't remember Kobe Johnson having that same feel to it.

First he isn't #1 in class for what it matters and I would love to see your basketball resume and accolades to determine if you can critique his game. I am pretty certain you have no idea what it took to get his game where it is now. I have seen him put in the work cause I ran some of his workouts. But its easier to sit back and take shots at an 8th grader. I will give you props for just being mad. Tell me how its his fault he is playing against 8th graders he is flat out better than and passes to his teammates and is a great kid who literally could just ball hog and score whenever he wants in an 8th grade school game. He is playing aau against juniors in high school the top players in country scoring 25 a game against them as a 14 year old lol

Do I agree with all this No not all. He should just enroll somewhere and be done with it but here we are
Won a State Title and played D2 in college.
I read he was rated #1 in the class. Hopefully it all works out for him.

Hoban has a pattern of offering more financial support in the first year (they ask outright how much is being offered from others then top it) then cutting back. That way the family is stuck unless they’re willing to give up some eligibility for a transfer.

Here is the breakdown

CVCA is in because Matt Futch played with Daryl and Akron and they are good friends still
Hoban is in mix because they treated his other son so well and it is a good school
Both are long shots
McKinley all his old teammates go there and he has good relationship with Coach V contrary to what some parents may say but I think its long shot

Now for the real two I think it comes down to
GlenOak is probably runner up they have new coaching staff and brought the kid who trains Darryn over to the program also, Conner Huth that will factor in a little
SVSM tradition and the quality team there now will allow him to go and be a part of the program his freshmen year potentially win state and wont have to carry a team. I think they are the likely destination.

All that being said don't think it matters, he will finish high school at elite prep school not at any of the schools listed.
Hey djcoach what are the top prep school now? I don't follow high school basketball outside of D1 in Ohio.

Hey djcoach what are the top prep school now? I don't follow high school basketball outside of D1 in Ohio.
In another thread, I stated that the basketball coach makes negative and deragatory remarks against certain players. A big reason why Darryn may not come to McKinley is because his dad doesn’t want him playing for Andy V. In the 68 page Pattakos complaint it was reported that old Andy called players black gorillas. It’s in black and white and if it’s not true Andy needs to sue for defamation of character. And we’ll see if he does it. Andy was called into a meeting to discuss his “issues” about a month ago. Don’t kill the messenger.

IMO I'd like to see him at McKinley. HS basketball is just better when McKinley is at the top of its game! And your point about Kobe Johnson is well made, but it cuts both ways. Over the past several years McKinley had a great player and a whole lot of very good players, but, by most standards, underachieved. It seems like they should have been better. They were good, but should have been great. I don't know enough about the situation to state the reason, but the young man may look at the Bulldog's success (or lack thereof) over the past few years in making his decision.

I don't give a dam if he stays or goes HE is a 8th grader he will be a head case who needs this ,let him walk, it all goes back to the
parents the cash cow for them its ALL about him there are OTHER kids in the program Go pups

I don't give a dam if he stays or goes HE is a 8th grader he will be a head case who needs this ,let him walk, it all goes back to the
parents the cash cow for them its ALL about him there are OTHER kids in the program Go pups
Yes. There are other kids in the program, but they may not stay due to old Andy and his “issues”.

Yes. There are other kids in the program, but they may not stay due to old Andy and his “issues”.
And people who say they care about the kids should be concerned about disparaging remarks coming from not just Wattley and his crew, but also Andy V. The basketball coach. And I find it interesting that no one has much to say about it especially McKinley fans.

And people who say they care about the kids should be concerned about disparaging remarks coming from not just Wattley and his crew, but also Andy V. The basketball coach. And I find it interesting that no one has much to say about it especially McKinley fans.
The Superintendent and School Board has gone a little quiet too. It’s weird how CCS just offered the fired coaches one of their lawyers to help them go after the football kids dad and lawyer. Why now? CCS knows they were wrong and knows all of this ugly information is going to come out. So when all of this ugly information about McKinley comes out in court it’s really going to be something. It’s reckoning time for McKinley and it’s sad to say.