Darryn Peterson

If your going to make such a big deal about where you going to high school. Wouldnt you think it would be based on schedule and exposure?
Any of the other choices would have made sense but the one does not. Fed is one of the top leagues in the state and st v plays top tier comp in the country. Must have wanted a guaranteed start spot as a freshman and they were the only school willing to do it.
I'm sure the schedule will be upgraded.

CVCA is an excellent school. IMO Futch is a solid coach, and I'm going out on a limb ( :) ) guessing his relationship with the dad was a deciding factor in this decision. Good luck to young Mr. Peterson at CVCA.

In the end good luck to the kid. I understand the decision and like it's been said already it sounds like a solid school but it still irritates me to no end. (lol). Onward to those who choose to come to McKinley and continue the tradition.

Their league is trash right. Good luck to the kid and his one year at CVCA. Think we have seen this story before. I dont expect the announcement on social media picking your high school as a freshman will be the last high school "choice" post we will see.

Tre Tucker seemed to do ok in their “trashy” league.
Their league is trash right. Good luck to the kid and his one year at CVCA. Think we have seen this story before. I dont expect the announcement on social media picking your high school as a freshman will be the last high school "choice" post we will see

Last edited:
I’m sure you have heard of him. It was implied Peterson made a bad choice because of the trashy league he was going to be playing in. Couldn’t be farther from the truth…and Tre is the perfect example of that…even though he played football

Who??? Never heard of him. Where is he playing college basketball?

I’m sure you have heard of him. It was implied Peterson made a bad choice because of the trashy league he was going to be playing in. Couldn’t be farther from the truth…and Tre is the perfect example of that…even though he played football
This is a basketball thread lmao. Also it is an undeniable fact that of all of his top 5 choices this league has by far the worst competition. And I highly doubt any good teams will be willing to schedule CVCA.

for the most part 99.9% of this upcoming year's schedule is already made. Making this type of decision wont affect the schedule until 2022-2023. their non-conference for this year looks to be.....Walsh Jesuit, Akron East, Canton South, Streetsboro, Cuy Falls, and Brush. Brush is really the only "big name" set for next year. Again, when you go through the process of announcing 5 options of where you are going as a freshman and you choose option 5, it doesnt really scream competitor, imo. hope the best for him and CVCA. only time will tell.

Also, Football Fan.... we can all come up with an outlier of one athlete from another sport who went somewhere and played. we are talking basketball in here. I think there was a swimmer from Northwest who went somewhere in 1998. LMAO

for the most part 99.9% of this upcoming year's schedule is already made. Making this type of decision wont affect the schedule until 2022-2023. their non-conference for this year looks to be.....Walsh Jesuit, Akron East, Canton South, Streetsboro, Cuy Falls, and Brush. Brush is really the only "big name" set for next year. Again, when you go through the process of announcing 5 options of where you are going as a freshman and you choose option 5, it doesnt really scream competitor, imo. hope the best for him and CVCA. only time will tell.

Also, Football Fan.... we can all come up with an outlier of one athlete from another sport who went somewhere and played. we are talking basketball in here. I think there was a swimmer from Northwest who went somewhere in 1998. LMAO

It screams “I want to play Day 1 and be the star” imo

I think somebody mentioned somewhere that where he starts will not be where he finishes.

One year at CVCA then I really believe it will be SVSM when this crop of seniors leaves after further discussions with people.

One year at CVCA then I really believe it will be SVSM when this crop of seniors leaves after further discussions with people.
Could be, but I wouldn't count on it. Coach Dru has a history of chasing away some very good talent because he is unwilling (and absolutely rightfully so!) to make concessions and guarantees to players and/or their families.

Not sure if academics were in the mix at all but this is a good school. It will be interesting to see what their program does over the next few years with a guy like Futch coaching having some connections like this.

Could it possibly be that the kid and his family found something outside of basketball that brought him to CVCA. CVCA has had many athletes go on to have productive college careers in many different sports as well as thrive academically and spiritually. We all know that offers come by way of AAU these days and if he is as good as people say he will see plenty of competition in the AAU circus and get all the exposure he needs.

Could it possibly be that the kid and his family found something outside of basketball that brought him to CVCA. CVCA has had many athletes go on to have productive college careers in many different sports as well as thrive academically and spiritually. We all know that offers come by way of AAU these days and if he is as good as people say he will see plenty of competition in the AAU circus and get all the exposure he needs.
Spiritually?

I know its a foreign concept to some that young people have spiritual needs. CVCA is profoundly Christian. I don't really understand your post. It is actually pretty bizaar. Unless you genuinly don't know what CVCA is about.
You're right, and I'm sure that is what the coach is using to get players to transfer there.