Dake / Dieringer

MPhillips

Dake vs. Dieringer Final X Special Wrestle-off set for Round Rock High School in Texas, August 17.
"This best-of-three series will be held at Round Rock High School in Round Rock, Texas, on Saturday, August 17, starting at 1:00 p.m.
Round Rock is a suburb of the Austin, Texas community. "
Hotbed for wrestling. ;)
FLO headquarters is located in Austin.

"we need spikes and a fire pit around the mat" 2010 Southern Scuffle. (FLO coverage)
This match upcoming 8/17, reminds me of Gorilla Hulk vs. Plastic man.

I could care less who wins because both are capable of winning a World title for Team USA. I want the best wrestler to win, and I think the best of three will determine who is the best. Now, if I was a betting man I'd go with World champ, Dake, but I don't think the difference between these two is very much.

The announcers called him, 'Plastic Man.' I took it to mean the opposite of what a, 'Gorilla Hulk' is? Not certain if there is any more to it. :unsure:
More importantly, how Dake got out of that match w/out a stalling call is the mystery.

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily a Molinaro fan, but watching Dake back up for 7 minutes, and take the action OOB about 15 times, and never get even warned for stalling? Wow ... not a match to use when trying to promote the sport, that's for sure.

I'll bite. How is USA Wrestling coddling Dake?
Some (not me) argue that it is unfair to Ringer to delay the match - if you weren't ready at Final X, too bad. Team USA put a rule in place years ago that allows returning World medalists to delay Final X if they have a verified injury (doctor's documentation). They do that for one reason - they want the best guy representing USA at the Worlds. Personally, I also want the best guys representing USA and think the rule makes perfect sense. I don't think Dake wrestled since last year's World championship until recently in Spain. And I believe he had some kind of surgery. So, his injury was legit. Others (not me) were bothered that Final X was delayed until August and Dake took a warmup in July in Spain. I couldn't care less. I just want our best guy and believe the best of three on 8/17 will determine that. BTW, if it's Dake he'll be #1 seed at Worlds and if it's Ringer he'll be #2 seed at Worlds.

I'll bite. How is USA Wrestling coddling Dake?

Whether coddling is the right word is a matter of opinion, but the thing that some, not all, are taking issue with is that Dake had a doctor's note saying he couldn't compete until August 17th, but then he got another doctor's note saying he was well enough to compete in a tune-up tournament in early July. There are arguments on both sides and this has been debated ad nauseam on various forums.

Dake wins in two. Absolutely shut Dieringer down. Dake brought a great underhook out of the closet.
Feel for Dieringer.
USA will be well represented.

Last edited:
Dieringer is not gonna watch the tape of that of that match. I get dake's defense is darn near God tier but he pretty much never even committed to a shot

Dieringer is not gonna watch the tape of that of that match. I get dake's defense is darn near God tier but he pretty much never even committed to a shot
Every time I think about how good Dake's defense is, I think about how dang good Burrough's offense has to be to be able to score on him. Dake is gonna roll people at world's in a weaker weight.

Dieringer just couldn't find a way through. All the review in the world isn't gonna help that I don't believe?
Off topic; A whole bunch of folks just don't like Dake. Why?

Dake has been my favorite for years....I can't understand where the hate comes from either. Does anyone on USA Freestyle team have more big 4-point moves? Just sayin'......

I think a lot of PSU fans don’t like Dake because of Yianni = Cornell = Koll = bad. Maybe if you’re a OkState fan you don’t like him because of Ringer. I like him because he’s a USA world champ.

Last edited:
I pulled for Taylor over Dake in college but always jump on the Team USA bandwagon once the team is selected.