D7 R28

Protect the Nest

Any upsets or does chalk move on next week?

Marion Local (1)
Cedarville (16)

New Miami (8)
Fayetteville (9)

Tri-Village (4)
CCPrep (13)

Riverside (5)
Lockland (12)

Fort Loramie (2)
Troy Christian (15)

Ansonia (7)
Tri-County North (10)

New Bremen (3)
Southeastern (19)

St. Henry (6)
Grove City Christian (11)

One potential upset I see in the 2-15 game. Can't know how to read that one as I'm not sure of who will be healthy for the game? Both teams have had significant injuries over the year.

The 8 vs 9 game I dont know the teams so I suppose the 9 could defeat the 8 in a mild upset.

I will go ahead and give my predictions :
1 vs 16. Over before end of first qt, running clock coming out of halftime ML 51 Cedarville 0
8 vs 9. Upset with Fayetville earning a trip up north 34-31

4 vs 13. Tri village 74 CCP 38 in a mild shootout
5 vs 12 Another tough one to analyze but Riverside D stops Lockland 0. 19-7

2 vs 15. Troy Christian takes advantage of Ft Loramie's missing linebackers but Loramie holds on 42 -28
7 vs 10. Weather becomes a factor and North upsets Ansonia in the mud and rain 23-22

3 vs 19 Southeastern learns that winning is not always a good idea. Running clock 45 -14 New Bremen
6 vs 11 Seeding investigation to follow this one. St Henery 84 - Grove City 0 Halftime score 54 -0

Thi
One potential upset I see in the 2-15 game. Can't know how to read that one as I'm not sure of who will be healthy for the game? Both teams have had significant injuries over the year.

The 8 vs 9 game I dont know the teams so I suppose the 9 could defeat the 8 in a mild upset.

I will go ahead and give my predictions :
1 vs 16. Over before end of first qt, running clock coming out of halftime ML 51 Cedarville 0
8 vs 9. Upset with Fayetville earning a trip up north 34-31

4 vs 13. Tri village 74 CCP 38 in a mild shootout
5 vs 12 Another tough one to analyze but Riverside D stops Lockland 0. 19-7

2 vs 15. Troy Christian takes advantage of Ft Loramie's missing linebackers but Loramie holds on 42 -28
7 vs 10. Weather becomes a factor and North upsets Ansonia in the mud and rain 23-22

3 vs 19 Southeastern learns that winning is not always a good idea. Running clock 45 -14 New Bremen
6 vs 11 Seeding investigation to follow this one. St Henery 84 - Grove City 0 Halftime score 54 -0
Think that Tri-Village game will be like a video game as well.

The only possible upsets would be 9 over 8 and maybe 10 over 7, but I think both are toss ups. I would like to see New Miami win and have come up to MSML, I think it would be a good experience for those kids.

i’ll take-

Marion Local- 52 Cedarville- 6 (congrats to Cedarville on the win! i hope Marion Local takes it easy on the boys from Greene County)

New Miami- 34 Fayetteville- 18 (they deserve this, rooted for them ever since they came up to Greenon and played the Knights tough)

Tri Village- 66 CCPA- 27 (hope TV rolls them, can’t stand CCPA fans)

Riverside- 24 Lockland- 7 (i’ll take the gritty Logan County boys)

Fort Loramie- 56 Troy Christian- 14

Ansonia- 28 TCN- 23

New Bremen- 48 South Chuck- 6 (shocked South Chuck won this week, good for them!)

St Henry- 66 Grove City Christian- 6

I'll go with:

Marion Local (1)
Cedarville (16)

New Miami (8)
Fayetteville (9)

Tri-Village (4)
CCPrep (13)

Riverside (5)
Lockland (12)

Fort Loramie (2)
Troy Christian (15)

Ansonia (7)
Tri-County North (10)

New Bremen (3)
Southeastern (19)

St. Henry (6)
Grove City Christian (11)

I'll be interested to see how the NewMiami/Fayetteville game and the Ansonia/TCN game go. Ansonia and TCN are very familiar with one another as they're league rivals. This will be a rematch of their Week 6 game where Ansonia beat Tri-County North 22-21.

I will take Ansonia in the 7/10 game. I was surprised they beat Covington last week. Covington beat Tri County North so I will take the Tigers.

only upset I will take. High seeds take the rest of them.

Riverside/Lockland game could be close as well. NWCC struggled in week 1 of the playoffs.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but don't be surprised if CCPA keeps things interesting with Tri-Village. I only say that because TV is a very good football team offensively, but struggles defensively. CCPA has some weapons and a good athlete at QB. I think they'll put up some points in that 13/4 seed game.

Elite Eight, any upsets or chalk moves along like last week?

Marion Local (1)
New Miami (8)

Tri-Village (4)
Riverside (5)

Fort Loramie (2)
Ansonia (7)

New Bremen (3)
St Henry (6)

CCC vs MAC in the next round in all probability. After that, I think Fort Loramie has a bit too much firepower for either St. Henry or New Bremen.

I think the chalk moves on. I'll go with:

Marion Local (1)
Tri-Village (4)
Fort Loramie (2)
New Bremen (3)

I am interested to see if Riverside can challenge Tri-Village. My guess is another similar game to last week where TV gives up 3-4 TD's, but scores at will. I also think St. Henry is very capable of playing with New Bremen. That should be the best game of Round 3 in the region. I'll give the edge to New Bremen though.

1. Marion Local
Until someone beats them in d7 it would be crazy to think otherwise. Congrats to New Miami for making it this far after a coaching change in the offseason.

5. Riverside: This one is likely a barn burner and will come down to who has the ball last. Give me the RB from riverside making a big run at the buzzer is what is probably a 1 score game.

2. Fort Loramie: One loss to a good TV team while having a couple key starters out. Give me Fort in this one by a good amount.

3. New Bremen: Another likely 1 score game. Give me New Bremen with a roster thst largely was on this team and made a decent run last year. Ill take the experience in this matchup.

It will be a MAC regional final.
I'm leaning this way as well. However, I do not see the great separation we have seen in some years, but perhaps that is because we didn't get the two non conference games up front?

Winner of St Henery/New Bremen vs Marion.

Elite Eight, any upsets or chalk moves along like last week?

Marion Local (1) 55
New Miami (8) 0

Tri-Village (4) 58
Riverside (5) 50

Fort Loramie (2) 42
Ansonia (7) 6

New Bremen (3) 28
St Henry (6) 14

I think NM will just lay down when the going gets tough to Marion. Could be way worse than that, but Goodwin will take it easy on them.

TV will score at will, however I think Riverside will score at will. 2 point conversions by the Patriots will be huge tonight. I see them winning in a shootout

FL wins easily--Ansonia is all run and FL defense will be too big and strong to allow that--

New Bremen--I think its tied at halftime and early in the 4th--Im guessing a big turnover by the Skins will give NB a late TD

1. Marion Local
Until someone beats them in d7 it would be crazy to think otherwise. Congrats to New Miami for making it this far after a coaching change in the offseason.

5. Riverside: This one is likely a barn burner and will come down to who has the ball last. Give me the RB from riverside making a big run at the buzzer is what is probably a 1 score game.

2. Fort Loramie: One loss to a good TV team while having a couple key starters out. Give me Fort in this one by a good amount.

3. New Bremen: Another likely 1 score game. Give me New Bremen with a roster thst largely was on this team and made a decent run last year. Ill take the experience in this matchup.
Basing this solely on numbers, The TV/Riverside game will be a test for TV, but TV wins by 2 scores, something like 50/35 ish. If TV scores their average and Riverside scores their average it's a win for TV. I've also heard that TV and riverside played in a scrimmage last year and was a decent match up with a much worse TV team.

Any of these games streaming live?

Don't appear to be free though.

Region 28

8 New Miami @ 1 Marion Local - WCSM-AM (1350) http://wcsmradio.com
Video: http://nfhsnetwork.com LIVE (subscription)

5 De Graff Riverside @ 4 Tri-Village - WTGR-FM (97.5) http://wtgr.com

6 St. Henry @ 3 New Bremen - WCSM-FM (96.7) http://wcsmradio.com
Video: http://live.nkt.tv/ppv LIVE (PPV) (also tape delayed at 7:45 PM Saturday on WOSN/WTLW-DT2 (Ch. 44.2))

7 Ansonia @ 2 Fort Loramie - http://wtgr.com
Video: http://nfhsnetwork.com LIVE (subscription)