D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Local would have beat every team that won a state championship minus St. Ed's and Chardon.
WW is pretty good. Impressed with their RBs and line. QB could scoot also. If you are able to run on Hoban I got to imagine you can run on MSML. WW athletes are a different level than MSML athletes

WW is pretty good. Impressed with their RBs and line. QB could scoot also. If you are able to run on Hoban I got to imagine you can run on MSML. WW athletes are a different level than MSML athletes
Absolutely agree. WW's speed and toughness would have been issues. MSML would play hard, but I don't see them beating WW.

Close, but not quite. Brungard had 150 yards rushing (including an 80 yarder that he put on a full-speed juke that folks on this thread would have swore was #34 in orange or #2 in navy blue) and a downfield stiff arm that might have made Sportscenter if they won.

What killed Springfield was the dropped passes. Brungard could only run or throw, he couldn't catch them too. They dropped 2 TD passes that hit them in the hands and you could see that they didn't trust the passing game. Getting in a run-only game with Carey is like getting in a knife fight with an octopus... only thing certain is you're gonna bleed.

Side note - the big boy RB is a good player, but their line is AWESOME. Every inside run the RB/FB had a head of steam before anyone in a different color jersey touched them.
I was on the sidelines at that game and that run by Brungard was amazing. The juke on the safety and then the stiff arm at the end were poetry. Carey's FB didn't win Carey the state title. Their OL did. Plus the fact that they were almost a complete 2 platoon at D6 with experienced guys helped. Their MLB, Kemmerly(Sp?) is all over the place as well.

I was on the sidelines at that game and that run by Brungard was amazing. The juke on the safety and then the stiff arm at the end were poetry. Carey's FB didn't win Carey the state title. Their OL did. Plus the fact that they were almost a complete 2 platoon at D6 with experienced guys helped. Their MLB, Kemmerly(Sp?) is all over the place as well.
Oh yeah. By middle of 2nd qtr I had to watch the replays in the stadium to see what happened with the ball carrier because I couldn't look away from Carey's O line. Thing of beauty.

Two years ago today, Lucas vs Marion Local for the D7 state championship. We took the L that day, but it still was one of the best days of my life.

Congrats to all of this year's winners!

Cannot wait till next year! GO CUBS!
Mogadore will visit Lucas in the fall of 2022. What is Lucas stadium like? Seating on visitors side? Turf ? Glad to see this series continue for another year.

Calpreps Ranking for all of Ohio
http://calpreps.com/2021/ratings/Ohio_all.htm
St. Eds 1
Chardon 2
W W 11
MSML 17
CM 19
Versailles 26
Carey 33

I agree with these rankings if we are ranking the state champions
It's minutia, but I'd flip Chardon & WW. As a defending champ, Chardon earned it on the field (that game was an 18 round bare knuckled brawl), but to see WW have 4-5 turnovers (i lost count) and still dominate Hoban like that . . . it was really impressive. Those 2 are behind St Eds (only Oline more impressive than Carey's over the weekend) in the top bracket.

For the last 4: Massie/MSML would be REALLY tough to call, but would lean Massie. Lost in their comeback was they didn't just score - they shutout Ursuline over the last 18ish minutes of the game. If you watched the first half you'd have swore Ursuline could have picked their score.

Versailles/Carey would be one of those games where Olines & QB runs would dominate. Would actually lean toward Carey. They have enough backfield beef that their QB runs could be metered out a little more. Versailles QB was fantastic, but man, did he take some hits!

Last edited:
Mogadore will visit Lucas in the fall of 2022. What is Lucas stadium like? Seating on visitors side? Turf ? Glad to see this series continue for another year.
Bob Wine Field is a great venue to catch a fall football game. The field is perched on top a hill which provides a great view of the Lucas Valley and the fall foliage below. We have a great sound system and fireworks after every Cub score. We just had new sod installed last year. The visitors stands are relatively new and pretty good sized. IMO (a little biased, lol), it is one of the best small school fields in Ohio. I think you'll be impressed.

Bob Wine Field is a great venue to catch a fall football game. The field is perched on top a hill which provides a great view of the Lucas Valley and the fall foliage below. We have a great sound system and fireworks after every Cub score. We just had new sod installed last year. The visitors stands are relatively new and pretty good sized. IMO (a little biased, lol), it is one of the best small school fields in Ohio. I think you'll be impressed.
As I'm sure those who traveled up to Mogadore this past season were by our stadium. Small town football is the best!

Lucas stadium on website looks rather small. Is that the home side? Said it only seats 900. Maybe they have added seats. Mogadore really travels well .

It is kinda small. Some people may be standing. We are only D7 bro! Lol.
Yep. Mogadore has been D 7 too. They were fortunate to upgrade their stadium when a trash truck hit power lines and destroyed the fieldhouse...and school put in turf and new fieldhouse with funds!

Yep. Mogadore has been D 7 too. They were fortunate to upgrade their stadium when a trash truck hit power lines and destroyed the fieldhouse...and school put in turf and new fieldhouse with funds!
I'm not sure how many the visitor side seats, but you guys will probably max it out. I've heard rumors of us getting turf, but all they are are rumors at this point. I will say, the new sod is pretty nice. No complaints yet.

I'm not sure how many the visitor side seats, but you guys will probably max it out. I've heard rumors of us getting turf, but all they are are rumors at this point. I will say, the new sod is pretty nice. No complaints yet.
I actually like games on a natural grass field! Looking forward to the drive down next fall!

Dalton folks - any chance the success of the last few years re-ignited the push for turf at McFarren Field? I'd heard the idea has started & stopped a few times over the years, just curious if there was some momentum. Keep picturing them on one of those 2 tone gray colored fields with bright orange end zones.

Dalton folks - any chance the success of the last few years re-ignited the push for turf at McFarren Field? I'd heard the idea has started & stopped a few times over the years, just curious if there was some momentum. Keep picturing them on one of those 2 tone gray colored fields with bright orange end zones.
I had heard from someone who might be plugged in enough to know that turf was coming. No timetable and this is a second-hand source. Press-box folks. So, maybe?

I had heard from someone who might be plugged in enough to know that turf was coming. No timetable and this is a second-hand source. Press-box folks. So, maybe?
Excellent. I know the fundraising for turf projects at Orrville & Norwayne went really fast because it came after good 3-5 year runs so figured this would be a great time for Dalton to try it again.

The first time I heard about them trying folks weren't ready for the "change" but now that you've got Chippewa, Triway, Hillsdale & Fairless in the immediate area with carpet it should be easier to digest.

IMO St Paul runs away with the region this year JFK loses all their lineman and brown Dalton loses Malone and 34 leaving The flyers ready to take the crown. I can’t imagine anyone disagreeing.

IMO St Paul runs away with the region this year JFK loses all their lineman and brown Dalton loses Malone and 34 leaving The flyers ready to take the crown. I can’t imagine anyone disagreeing.
JFK returns their best lineman, the starting QB, a RB that could be just as good as Brown except faster, one of the best LBs in D7 imo, and quite a bit of experience on the defense. Don't be so quick to write off the Eagles. They will be young in some spots and some guys will have to step up but that's always the case at Kennedy. Next years team will be faster and more dynamic at the skill positions overall. I think they will be a year or two away from really making a splash but they will still be a major contender in the region.

You are underestimating the heart and the drive of the Lucas Cubs. They will win this region with ease and I feel bad for any team that try’s to play them. I’ve been around this program for 20+ years and these kids have more heart than all the teams of region 25 combined. Good luck.

You are underestimating the heart and the drive of the Lucas Cubs. They will win this region with ease and I feel bad for any team that try’s to play them. I’ve been around this program for 20+ years and these kids have more heart than all the teams of region 25 combined. Good luck.
WOW. First post, guns blazing!

Decided I would create an account to silence some of these baffoons.
Welcome aboard. Always good to have another contributor. That said, please don't be depressed if you're not able to "silence" anyone. After all, it's been a month since the last D7R25 team played and we're still on our 72nd page. . . ; )

that heart did not matter much against dalton

JFK returns their best lineman, the starting QB, a RB that could be just as good as Brown except faster, one of the best LBs in D7 imo, and quite a bit of experience on the defense. Don't be so quick to write off the Eagles. They will be young in some spots and some guys will have to step up but that's always the case at Kennedy. Next years team will be faster and more dynamic at the skill positions overall. I think they will be a year or two away from really making a splash but they will still be a major contender in the region.
Lots of dudes on that team forsure im just not sure they have the depth as in the past that killed us in 20´ and the speed that killed us in 21´

Status
Not open for further replies.