D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win for Kennedy. Definitely hard to gauge JFK and Lucas head to head after the Mogadore win considering Mogadore beat JFK. Then again Mogadore lost to Southeast and JFK just put it to Southeast. Confusing. I think we can all agree Dalton is the top dog. Hand them the trophy already.
The JFK loss to Mogadore was JFKs fault. Blown coverage on the first td and a bad snap lead to the hame winning fg for the Wildcats. All part of the game for sure but the outcome should have been different. Lucas' offense wont be effective against the Eagles defense, Southeast runs a very similar style. Dalton is very good but couldn't handle JFKs physicality up front last season and the lines are better this year. I think it will be very close if and when they get to play.

Devils advocate here, but…I’m not sure JFK can rest on out physically playing Dalton. They’ve seemed to hold their own there. I still maintain that Norwayne averaging 6’4” 290#’s at the line should be all the test that team needs. But I couldn’t pick an outright regional champ yet! JFK finally showed up. Lucas did their thing…. And we’ll see if Monroeville makes a game of their rivalry or not.

How bout dem Bulldawwwwwgs!! Was at the game, it was fantastic. Dalton had 1 turnover (only the 6th all season) and had a pretty bad holding call cost them in the 1st half that sort of changed momentum. Daltons 2 dudes showed up huge and were the difference in the game. Going to be an extremely tough out in the playoffs
Very entertaining game tonight in Creston. Dalton's two best players were just too much for Norwayne. The biggest difference in the game was Norwayne's center having all kinds of trouble snapping the ball to his quarterback accurately. Bad snaps probably cut 3-4 Norwayne drives short since they put them in long yardage situations. Dalton never really stopped them without a bad snap taking place. Schlabach ran 11 times for 165 yards and was the best player on the field. Malone made some huge plays in the 2nd half for Dalton. Norwayne does not have much team speed, but they definitely dominated the line of scrimmage when they had the ball.

Region 25 is going to be fun. It looks very possible that JFK is going to end up as the 4 seed and Dalton as the 5th seed. That would mean a week 12 matchup in Warren between the two top teams in the region. The winner would likely play Lucas at a neutral site a week later.

Very entertaining game tonight in Creston. Dalton's two best players were just too much for Norwayne. The biggest difference in the game was Norwayne's center having all kinds of trouble snapping the ball to his quarterback accurately. Bad snaps probably cut 3-4 Norwayne drives short since they put them in long yardage situations. Dalton never really stopped them without a bad snap taking place. Schlabach ran 11 times for 165 yards and was the best player on the field. Malone made some huge plays in the 2nd half for Dalton. Norwayne does not have much team speed, but they definitely dominated the line of scrimmage when they had the ball.

Region 25 is going to be fun. It looks very possible that JFK is going to end up as the 4 seed and Dalton as the 5th seed. That would mean a week 12 matchup in Warren between the two top teams in the region. The winner would likely play Lucas at a neutral site a week later.
Well… hello…wink wink

Devils advocate here, but…I’m not sure JFK can rest on out physically playing Dalton. They’ve seemed to hold their own there. I still maintain that Norwayne averaging 6’4” 290#’s at the line should be all the test that team needs. But I couldn’t pick an outright regional champ yet! JFK finally showed up. Lucas did their thing…. And we’ll see if Monroeville makes a game of their rivalry or not.
This. This is what should be keeping folks up at night in this region. Watching the game I was shocked at how well Dalton's line played. It's easy to get distracted by Schlabach & Malone (EASY) but the were moving people today. Not pancaking, but they get a hat on you and you're not getting Schlabach down by throwing an arm out there. Frankly, was fun to watch to the point you almost forget "oh crap, they can still throw it to Malone too!"

Even with all that talent, they'll go as far as that line can take them.

So the top end of D7-R25 is mostly set, regardless of the St Paul - Monroeville outcome tonight. But some other games today could boost Independence above Dalton for the number four spot.

A little something for everbody, here:
Actually looks like the seeds should hold as is. (Unless a 3-6 Trinity team beats a good 6-2 Gilmore Academy today)
JFK will get seeded away from Dalton until the final. (And a match easier path there then last year IMO)
We’ll (by all accounts) finally get the Lucas/Dalton matchup everybody wanted at a neutral site. (Triway?)
The quarters should be our 4 favorites…BUT. NOT SO FAST! Dnis besmirched the good Malvernites and will likely draw them in round 2 (could be some interest there in style matchups. But that defense better know how to defend the interior, anything can happen now) ALSO I’m not sleeping on a potential bracket buster in St. Paul drawing Plymouth in drama packed rematch!

I’ll get a bracket up when it’s final.

I was literally just going to ask if anyone had updated projected Harbins yet! Would love to see this shake out correctly and put the 4 best away from each other until the semis…recently heard someone say “why would I want to go watch a D7 football game with little schools and no talent”…..so far from the truth I didn’t even come back at them. Going to have some awesome football ahead of us in this region

It’s the movement the JFK Dline and their front 7 that causes issues. It amazes me how many high schools play a read defense without the bodies to play such a defensive scheme. Physicality on the lines of scrimmage wins games. Physicality and movement is key to beating just big bodies. Being big means absolutely nothing. There are a lot of kids that are big for nothing. Give me a big heart before a big body and you can be successful.

It’s the movement the JFK Dline and their front 7 that causes issues. It amazes me how many high schools play a read defense without the bodies to play such a defensive scheme. Physicality on the lines of scrimmage wins games. Physicality and movement is key to beating just big bodies. Being big means absolutely nothing. There are a lot of kids that are big for nothing. Give me a big heart before a big body and you can be successful.
Amen, brother. The Cub line is smaller but those kids have heart 100%. JFK as well. That's what make Marion Local so lethal, they're line is so strong, agile and the kids play with huge heart.

Amen, brother. The Cub line is smaller but those kids have heart 100%. JFK as well. That's what make Marion Local so lethal, they're line is so strong, agile and the kids play with huge heart.
Sure. That’s exactly how Dalton’s line was able to ice that game in Norwayne.?‍♂️

Norwalk St. Paul up 28-0 in the 2nd quarter...so Monroeville not making a game of the rivalry tonight.

C0BDAE2C-64A9-4D10-94A6-6F27087D6391.jpeg

Agree. Was worried that we'd end up with a showcase game in week 12. The way this region layed out, it's almost perfect.
And look at some of those off peak week 1’s! Should be decent matchups.

Malvern
Lowellville

Cuyahoga Hts
Valley

Plymouth
Southern

Really like some of these head to heads… Plymouth is the potential “story” here. Gonna have to beat a team that was pretty close in season just to get a shot at some NSP redemption.

It’s well done. I beg to differ on the ending for now. I have a few issues though. #1)Can we get an all black marker one please I can’t read half of the names. #2) I’m going to need consistency out of you, it’s either Kennedy all the way through or JFK. You cant mix and match this isnt pick 2 for $6 at BK.
Is your OCD worse in the morning? Or does it build throughout the day? ???

Maybe I’ll get a chance to fix it…(especially for the Warren. John. F. Kennedy. Catholic HS. Eagles. Complaining. Department. < Won’t fit in the bracket though

JFK should easily take care of Monroeville, but both Cuyahoga Hts. and St. Paul are tough matchups for my Eagles. I also would add that Dalton v. Lucas, assuming both teams get there, might be the best game prior to the title contest.

JFK should easily take care of Monroeville, but both Cuyahoga Hts. and St. Paul are tough matchups for my Eagles. I also would add that Dalton v. Lucas, assuming both teams get there, might be the best game prior to the title contest.
Looking forward to the Rt. 30 showdown. Should be BIG for both of those communities. Going to be a lot of folks not sure they’re sitting on the right side, in a sea of Orange & Black. Atmosphere would be all you could ask for…

Status
Not open for further replies.