D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you picked my interest. By my quick perusal, Moggy is (by a large amount) the leader in CB numbers of any public school until D2 Winton Woods. https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Football/Football-2020

The numbers are what they are, and yes it's just a correlation that nearby kids all choose Moggy over other schools, not causation with football.

It just begs the question, why so many kids are so privileged to have a parent take and pick them up from school 280 times a year for the first 10 years, and yet you think having 4-time state championship football team has nothing to do about it?

So these parents know at 5 years old their kids will be athletes? You can't be serious.

I have explained, the schools around Mogadore are in dire straights, especially Ellet and Springfield, but Field isn't much better.

You have only Tallmadge that touches Mogadore that is in good shape money, academics, etc wise and Tallmadge doesn't allow OE at all so those Ellet/Springfield/Field kids have really one place to go.

It truly is a rat race for parents at 5/6/7 years old for those schools to get kids into Mogadore.

It also is usually parents that do have the "privilege" of having the resources to get their kid to school from the 2nd parent, to grandparents, etc. I know quite a few of these kids and for many of them, especially those living in Springfield, Mogadore is so small that they live closer to Mogadore HS than they do Springfield HS and the kids walk/ride bike (I did when I OE'd to Mogadore, lived closer to Mogadore HS than Springfield HS by far, was about 6 blocks to Mogadore HS and I lived outside of Mogadore SD).

It maybe truly a "privilege" as single parents that work full time may not have to get their kids to school 280 times for 10 years but I do know a kid that actually OE's from what would be Akron Public Schools, has been at Mogadore since Kindergarten, and his mother is a single mom. His aunt, uncle, and grandma has been helping get him to school for 10 years until he turned 16 and could drive.

Families that interested in getting their kids out of a bad school system into a close good one will figure out a way.

I live inside the Mogadore SD limits but the road behind me that dead ends into the back of my yard is in Springfield. I live 4 blocks from the HS. Nearly every family on that dead end road goes to Mogadore schools even though they live in Springfield. And they all have been in Mogadore since Kindergarten or 1st Grade. Thats easily 15 kids on that one street that have been at Mogadore for all 12 years and have lived in Springfield yet closer to Mogadore.

I am just telling you the reality of the MSD and the SD's around us.

Springfield used to be a good district but has really fell on hard financial times and the people don't trust the school board for anything anymore and won't pass a levy. The state is close to taking over the school. Any parent in Springfield that has the means and ability to get their kid to Mogadore or any other OE school district has tried to fill out OE forms.

ALso, lets be honest. And MSD has never shied away from this fact. Mogadore will accept the maximum amount of kids per grade level that they can fit in their classes (I mentioned that above what that max is) because they get something in the neighborhood of $6000 (maybe more now, that number was from years ago) per OE student from the state (state takes part of their $$ from the residency school and sends it to the OE school). Basically the state pays "x" dollars per student to each school and that portion goes to where the kid goes in the OE system not where the kid lives.

So, Mogadore gets paid to take these kids in, they just can't let more than the actual teachers, classrooms, and school buildings will allow for.

So yes, a LOT of OE kids come to Mogadore, but its all about how bad off some of the districts around are AND that the MSD likes the $$.

Well I heard Mogadore recruits HARD to get their numbers up to avoid DVII Region25. Cowards.

Honestly, I was more than happy to read the JFK game reactions (to a point). But could you start a new MoggyStan thread and defend your honor there? Some of us need to get back to being really bad scouts and predictors.

Would LOVE to snipe a few schools away from Region 21. For the interest and quality alone. Trust me.
Mogadore
LaBrae
NM Springfield
Norwayne
CCC
Columbia

jmog. I know your post is true. I live in Suffield and went to Field. But Mogadore, Springfield and even Lake are closer than Field. Now this was back in the 70's when Field had a good football program, I played against mogadore a couple time and loved the rivalry. Always wondered how it would have worked out for me if I went to Moggy instead of Field. There was not any open enrollment back then. Made for some very exciting alumni football games.
So these parents know at 5 years old their kids will be athletes? You can't be serious.

I have explained, the schools around Mogadore are in dire straights, especially Ellet and Springfield, but Field isn't much better.

You have only Tallmadge that touches Mogadore that is in good shape money, academics, etc wise and Tallmadge doesn't allow OE at all so those Ellet/Springfield/Field kids have really one place to go.

It truly is a rat race for parents at 5/6/7 years old for those schools to get kids into Mogadore.

It also is usually parents that do have the "privilege" of having the resources to get their kid to school from the 2nd parent, to grandparents, etc. I know quite a few of these kids and for many of them, especially those living in Springfield, Mogadore is so small that they live closer to Mogadore HS than they do Springfield HS and the kids walk/ride bike (I did when I OE'd to Mogadore, lived closer to Mogadore HS than Springfield HS by far, was about 6 blocks to Mogadore HS and I lived outside of Mogadore SD).

It maybe truly a "privilege" as single parents that work full time may not have to get their kids to school 280 times for 10 years but I do know a kid that actually OE's from what would be Akron Public Schools, has been at Mogadore since Kindergarten, and his mother is a single mom. His aunt, uncle, and grandma has been helping get him to school for 10 years until he turned 16 and could drive.

Families that interested in getting their kids out of a bad school system into a close good one will figure out a way.

I live inside the Mogadore SD limits but the road behind me that dead ends into the back of my yard is in Springfield. I live 4 blocks from the HS. Nearly every family on that dead end road goes to Mogadore schools even though they live in Springfield. And they all have been in Mogadore since Kindergarten or 1st Grade. Thats easily 15 kids on that one street that have been at Mogadore for all 12 years and have lived in Springfield yet closer to Mogadore.

I am just telling you the reality of the MSD and the SD's around us.

Springfield used to be a good district but has really fell on hard financial times and the people don't trust the school board for anything anymore and won't pass a levy. The state is close to taking over the school. Any parent in Springfield that has the means and ability to get their kid to Mogadore or any other OE school district has tried to fill out OE forms.

ALso, lets be honest. And MSD has never shied away from this fact. Mogadore will accept the maximum amount of kids per grade level that they can fit in their classes (I mentioned that above what that max is) because they get something in the neighborhood of $6000 (maybe more now, that number was from years ago) per OE student from the state (state takes part of their $$ from the residency school and sends it to the OE school). Basically the state pays "x" dollars per student to each school and that portion goes to where the kid goes in the OE system not where the kid lives.

So, Mogadore gets paid to take these kids in, they just can't let more than the actual teachers, classrooms, and school buildings will allow for.

So yes, a LOT of OE kids come to Mogadore, but its all about how bad off some of the districts around are AND that the MSD likes the $$.

Seems like Wellsville and Mathews dont have favorable matchups the rest of the way. I have them down for a little over 4 total points which means a couple other teams could slip in. Anyone know their opponents and chances of winning?

Seems like Wellsville and Mathews dont have favorable matchups the rest of the way. I have them down for a little over 4 total points which means a couple other teams could slip in. Anyone know their opponents and chances of winning?
Both might win 1 more game each butvtgats probably about it.

Wellsville will probably lose to United and Valley Christian (we will see how good Valley is as they play Southern Local this weekend) and will probably have a competitive game with Leetonia.
Mathews– are they playing Lucas??? LOL. They should handle St. Johns, should be competitive with Windham (I think Windham wins) and lose to Pymantuning Valley.

Right now I have a 4-5 McDonald finishing with higher points than Mathews, Wellsville, and Monroeville with it being tight with Plymouth. The winner of Toronto-SCC the last week I think will have a decent shot, and how those teams do against Madonna WV will be a factor. Wish Fantastic50 was still up and running but after this week I think things should start clearing up.

Right now I have a 4-5 McDonald finishing with higher points than Mathews, Wellsville, and Monroeville with it being tight with Plymouth. The winner of Toronto-SCC the last week I think will have a decent shot, and how those teams do against Madonna WV will be a factor. Wish Fantastic50 was still up and running but after this week I think things should start clearing up.
I miss fantastic 50

Wellsville will probably lose to United and Valley Christian (we will see how good Valley is as they play Southern Local this weekend) and will probably have a competitive game with Leetonia.
Mathews– are they playing Lucas??? LOL. They should handle St. Johns, should be competitive with Windham (I think Windham wins) and lose to Pymantuning Valley.
As it stands this second.....NO!!! :ROFLMAO:

FACTS: JFK fielded calls from Ursuline, Canfield, VASJ, Glenville........THANKS BUT NO THANKS.....?
This isn't the 90's anymore and Warren JFK has to be realistic. The bravado of put the ball down and we will play anybody, anywhere, at anytime is unrealistic. At some point you have to protect your players even from themselves. At Div VII bodies are at a premium and we are focused on the future. Injuries at this point in the season could derail such

Fort Frye, Lucas, Columbiana, Mathews, Gibsonburg, Buckeye Trail, John Marshall, Fort Loramie, Py Valley were contacted by JFK to play that I am personally aware of....
I'm posting this not to bash any of these programs but to show our fans and alumni there have been constant communications to get our student athletes a game. These schools have to do what's best for themselves, their program, and their players period. As Warren JFK will do for ours. It wasn't for the lack of trying by our HC and AD along with others to find an opponent. Warren JFK looks forward to playing Cleveland Central Catholic on the 16th and finishing out the season against Southeast on the 22nd. The real season begins in week 1 of the Playoffs. Region 25 will be interesting and it will be all settled on the field.

FACTS: JFK fielded calls from Ursuline, Canfield, VASJ, Glenville........THANKS BUT NO THANKS.....?
This isn't the 90's anymore and Warren JFK has to be realistic. The bravado of put the ball down and we will play anybody, anywhere, at anytime is unrealistic. At some point you have to protect your players even from themselves. At Div VII bodies are at a premium and we are focused on the future. Injuries at this point in the season could derail such

Fort Frye, Lucas, Columbiana, Mathews, Gibsonburg, Buckeye Trail, John Marshall, Fort Loramie, Py Valley were contacted by JFK to play that I am personally aware of....
I'm posting this not to bash any of these programs but to show our fans and alumni there have been constant communications to get our student athletes a game. These schools have to do what's best for themselves, their program, and their players period. As Warren JFK will do for ours. It wasn't for the lack of trying by our HC and AD along with others to find an opponent. Warren JFK looks forward to playing Cleveland Central Catholic on the 16th and finishing out the season against Southeast on the 22nd. The real season begins in week 1 of the Playoffs. Region 25 will be interesting and it will be all settled on the field.
Thanks for the transparency. Everyone has their own reasons for not playing someone else. We as fans don't like it, but a coach and AD have to do what thye feel is best for their program.

Status
Not open for further replies.