D7 R25 2023

Ultimately, the President is to blame. The fish always smells from head on down. He promoted his underachieving basketball coach to be the dean of students and putting someone with as much jealousy for the success of the football program in that position. Well just look at his wake of destruction. If this was his goal well done Markie

Ultimately, the President is to blame. The fish always smells from head on down. He promoted his underachieving basketball coach to be the dean of students and putting someone with as much jealousy for the success of the football program in that position. Well just look at his wake of destruction. If this was his goal well done Markie
So Coach Markie is bad guy for doing his job? 3/4 of basketball program makes honor roll. Holds student athletes to higher standards as he should at a Prep School like JFK. If that’s the worst the he’s doing then maybe he’s not the issue. The jealousy seems to be coming from you about the basketball program and their fancy locker room.

So Coach Markie is bad guy for doing his job? 3/4 of basketball program makes honor roll. Holds student athletes to higher standards as he should at a Prep School like JFK. If that’s the worst the he’s doing then maybe he’s not the issue. The jealousy seems to be coming from you about the basketball program and their fancy locker room.
Does the baseball coach get to say he’s responsible for the baseball players being on the honor roll? Just asking for a teacher.

I'm afraid the last glimmer of hope for JFK to salvage a competitive football team went out the door with Tempesta. No offense to the new coach, unless he is an amazing recruiter, there just isn't enough jimmy's and joe's. I was optimistic, but at this point it doesn't take a genius to look at what's left of the roster to see how lean it is, I fully expect it to get even leaner once the last few starting holdouts see the situation as summer approaches and walk away.
It's sad to see adults burn down such a successful program for whatever reasoning they had.

Monetarily, I would think this is going to be a significant loss, you have to wonder what the future holds.

🗣️ IS “MARKIE” HIS LEGAL NAME OR ARE YOU REFERRING TO AN ADULT MAN AS “MARKIE”?

And you say he’s just a friend…
Popping Music Video GIF

Here's the truth, not my truth.

Brian Sinchak had a vision to build JFK into a college prep school that focused on academics and the arts, and de-emphasized sports. This was his vision and he tried to implement it. He's not stupid but he misread the room. He fired Pomp because a board member didn't like his language. He left Nappy alone because he's not a fool. However, Nappy resigned in June 2011 and he had picked his longtime assistant Dave Pappada. Gotti was an assistant on this staff. Pappada was never "the guy." The board seeing the direction of the school with enrollment and a loss of focus on sports, sought a new direction in the head football coach.

Pappada was not renewed. A search was begun, but the committee knew that best candidates wouldn't apply because of Brian's perceived lack of support. Jeff Bauyk was contacted and after several meetings and assurances that he would be supported, he agrees to come. With only one condition, that Dom Prologo would agree to be his DC. The talent was in place for state championship team, everyone saw it, Jeff included.

With Bayuk in place, and football protected, the next 6 years resulted 1 state championship, 1 regional finals, 2 regional semi-finals and 5 total playoff appearances. CH was their kryptonite. Along the way, Brian saw the writing on the wall and left without much warning and the school wasn't ready with his replacement. Joe K was a lower campus principal and was promoted during this time to HS principal. He stepped into as interim president.

The board wanted a long time board member and well respected graduate of Kennedy to be the next president, but only as a part time position. Because lets be real, it's really only a part time position. Joe K is excellent principal and educator, fundraising really isn't his strength. Joe wanted to stay at K and was the best candidate given the Bishop's desire that the position be full time. The Bishop would not entertain a part time president. Joe was viewed as being a strong advocate of sports and really seemed to be an appropriate choice.

Eventually, Bayuk becomes the AD and and all is well. Until god damned Brian Flores becomes the MFing head coach of the Miami Dolphins and hires his buddy Kurt Kuntz (head coach of Struthers for 7 years) as the defensive backs coach. Well, John Bayuk becomes the HC at Struthers and very understandably, Jeff leaves JFK to be his OC. JFK is in a good place, Pro is ready to be the HC and the job becomes his. Life is good.

But for reasons that escape me, Joe and Pro are not a match. Things aren't easy going. The relationship deteriorated to the point that Pro had to step aside. Basically, all the has to happen, is Joe needs to focus on donors, budgets, buildings, and such. Stay out of athletics. Let Al run the show. Hire good coaches and let them run the show. And tell the racist parents to GTFO.

And while you're at it. BUILD A GOD DAMNED GIRLS PROGRAM TOO.

Last edited:

Brian Sinchak had a vision to build JFK into a college prep school that focused on academics and the arts, and de-emphasized sports. This was his vision and he tried to implement it. He's not stupid but he misread the room. He fired Pomp because a board member didn't like his language. He left Nappy alone because he's not a fool. However, Nappy resigned in June 2011 and he had picked his longtime assistant Dave Pappada. Gotti was an assistant on this staff. Pappada was never "the guy." The board seeing the direction of the school with enrollment and a loss of focus on sports, sought a new direction in the head football coach.

Pappada was not renewed. A search was begun, but the committee knew that best candidates wouldn't apply because of Brian's perceived lack of support. Jeff Bauyk was contacted and after several meetings and assurances that he would be supported, he agrees to come. With only one condition, that Dom Prologo would agree to be his DC. The talent was in place for state championship team, everyone saw it, Jeff included.

With Bayuk in place, and football protected, the next 6 years resulted 1 state championship, 1 regional finals, 2 regional semi-finals and 5 total playoff appearances. CH was their kryptonite. Along the way, Brian saw the writing on the wall and left without much warning and the school wasn't ready with his replacement. Joe K was a lower campus principal and was promoted during this time to HS principal. He stepped into as interim president.

The board wanted a long time board member and well respected graduate of Kennedy to be the next president, but only as a part time position. Because lets be real, it's really only a part time position. Joe K is excellent principal and educator, fundraising really isn't his strength. Joe wanted to stay and K and was the best candidate given the Bishop's desire that the position be full time. The Bishop would not entertain a part time president. Joe was viewed as being a strong advocate of sports and really seemed to be an appropriate choice.

Eventually, Bayuk becomes the AD and and all is well. Until god damned Brian Flores becomes the MFing head coach of the Miami Dolphins and hires his buddy Kurt Kuntz (head coach of Struthers for 7 years) as the defensive backs coach. Well, John Bayuk becomes the HC at Struthers and very understandably, Jeff leaves JFK to be his OC. JFK is in a good place, Pro is ready to be the HC and the job becomes his. Life is good.

But for reason's that escape me, Joe and Pro are not a match. Things aren't easy going. The relationship deteriorated to the point that Pro had to step aside. Basically, all the has to happen, is Joe needs to focus on donors, budgets, buildings, and such. Stay out of athletics. Let Al run the show. Hire good coaches and let them run the show. And tell the racist parents to GTFO.

Very well said!!

The board wanted a long time board member and well respected graduate of Kennedy to be the next president, but only as a part time position. Because lets be real, it's really only a part time position. Joe K is excellent principal and educator, fundraising really isn't his strength. Joe wanted to stay at K and was the best candidate given the Bishop's desire that the position be full time. The Bishop would not entertain a part time president. Joe was viewed as being a strong advocate of sports and really seemed to be an appropriate choice.

But for reasons that escape me, Joe and Pro are not a match. Things aren't easy going. The relationship deteriorated to the point that Pro had to step aside. Basically, all the has to happen, is Joe needs to focus on donors, budgets, buildings, and such. Stay out of athletics. Let Al run the show. Hire good coaches and let them run the show. And tell the racist parents to GTFO.

Pretty accurate, some guys just need to show they’re the man. Well Joe is going to find out real fast when the season rolls around he should have stuck to fund raising. I want the best for the players and the coaches, I was lucky enough to be part of staffs that played in 4 state championships and want the same for future Eagles but it’s looking bleak

Pretty accurate, some guys just need to show they’re the man. Well Joe is going to find out real fast when the season rolls around he should have stuck to fund raising. I want the best for the players and the coaches, I was lucky enough to be part of staffs that played in 4 state championships and want the same for future Eagles but it’s looking bleak
Purple People Eaters.........Go Vikings

Ideliver is getting a little older now. His hands are sharp but the mind has gotten hazy I see. :ROFLMAO: :banana: :ROFLMAO: :banana:

Pomp was fired twice: name the other Principal who fired him Ideliver? I was on his staff at the time.

Bayuk wanted assurance from both Pro and Greenie before considering taking the job at JFK

He's wrong about Kuntz. Kuntz didn't know Flores at all. The DC and Kuntz were boys from Kent St.

Purple People Eaters.........Go Vikings

Ideliver is getting a little older now. His hands are sharp but the mind has gotten hazy I see. :ROFLMAO: :banana: :ROFLMAO: :banana:

Pomp was fired twice: name the other Principal who fired him Ideliver? I was on his staff at the time.

Bayuk wanted assurance from both Pro and Greenie before considering taking the job at JFK

He's wrong about Kuntz. Kuntz didn't know Flores at all. The DC and Kuntz were boys from Kent St.

I was trying to be brief. 😜😜

Pomp’s first firing was because of radiologist that was huge PIA. And her name was June.

As far as Kuntz - if he’s not in the NFL, he’s still at Struthers. And I’d bet that John Bayuk is the HC at JFK and Pro is still the DC.

Pomp’s first firing was because of radiologist that was huge PIA. And her name was June.

As far as Kuntz - if he’s not in the NFL, he’s still at Struthers. And I’d bet that John Bayuk is the HC at JFK and Pro is still the DC.
My guy.......:love::love::love:

Just the name June makes me sick, been a long run of bad principal’s at JFK

Okay. So. It IS the Bishop’s fault… I knew it. Some thought Lucas orchestrated this whole collapse. But, at my core, I knew. I knew it wasn’t Lucas. Hell, I’ve been there. That was all I needed.

They damn near invented Cartography guys....yes they can use maps...they certainly aren't plugging a GPS into the buggy's cigarette lighter....
Easy now. We play pretty decent football down here along State Route 39. Lucas, Loudonville, West Holmes, Garaway, Dover, New Philly...