D7 R25 2022

Lowellville fans might as well head on over to the bball forum. They can start hyping up their upcoming games with Sebring and Waterloo.
I appreciate you keeping us out of this. Not looking good on the basketball end for McDonald this year

Wow. Somewhere between pages 50-150 this thread was at it's peak. We got too big for our own good.
My best guess on this... Some of the losing teams turned in their pads and now need something to do to take out their frustrations. Once they get into basketball or wrestling practice in a few days, they'll leave this thread to the professionals.
Also, I think this is only some of those teams, especially those who weren't coached to learn how to win and lose with dignity.

If by “play with” you mean [direct quote] “run the clock on NC” and, even better, in response to comparing bodies of work…

The answer is yes.

Oh, and this one.

View attachment 35820
Seopreps is a nutcase anymore. I can't post on there without being called a troll. Eastern fans are the main reason of it. Have their best season in 22 years and act like they can go out and beat anyone in the state.

If one kid getting hurt😂 like as if he was some wingback filling a spot on the field… You JFK people are so jealous it’s sad you all come on here and gang up on people. What a waste of time, do you ever go back through and listen to how bad your takes are sometimes? Lowellville lost their main guy on offense and a big part in the defense, it’s tough when you only have 15-20 boys in each class 9-12, there’s no backups there. Lucas is missing their 2nd string running back, but let’s call it even 🤯 Get a life You JFK dads, pathetic
Lowellville 's main guy was Ballone. When did it change to Bunofsky?

For those curious, you can find Lowellville results from 90-07 at this link (in fact, you can find any Mahoning Valley school just changing the name in the URL):

I did find it interesting Lowellville split a home and home with Dalton in 95-96
I played for Dalton in 1995. Our non-conference that year was Malvern, Tuslaw, and Indian Valley. I don’t remember playing Lowelville?

Seopreps is a nutcase anymore. I can't post on there without being called a troll. Eastern fans are the main reason of it. Have their best season in 22 years and act like they can go out and beat anyone in the state.
I like Matt. He’s a great guy who means well. He put a ton of work into rebuilding and improving the site c. 2014-2021. But, honestly, he would be wise to retool his moderating team. I like most of those guys, but for various reasons the content control has really fallen by the wayside… and making matters worse is you have well-meaning posters who call out the (at times) crappy moderation only to have those posts deleted or their accounts suspended.

Lowellville 's main guy was Ballone. When did it change to Bunofsky?
Both were a big part of their team. Bunofsky injury at the end of the quarter hurt the rockets. Bunofsky was their best linebacker and #1 receiver. It certainly might have been a different outcome with Bunofsky playing the whole game.

I like Matt. He’s a great guy who means well. He put a ton of work into rebuilding and improving the site c. 2014-2021. But, honestly, he would be wise to retool his moderating team. I like most of those guys, but for various reasons the content control has really fallen by the wayside… and making matters worse is you have well-meaning posters who call out the (at times) crappy moderation only to have those posts deleted or their accounts suspended.
100% agree

There’s a possibility that

JFK beats Southern
Ursuline beats Canfield
Mooney beats South Range

Anyone want to set odds on this parlay

Danville has had some subpar seasons in recent history. If we include 2017 through this incomplete ‘22 season, the Blue Devils have amassed a 38-28 record.

1 - final four appearance in ‘17 falling to Cuyahoga Heights

They have lost to Lucas 3 times in that span. (We’ll get to why that might be)

They have finally beaten East Knox for the first time in their last 5 attempts.

Strength of schedule rating: 26th

The coaching staff is young enough to still be playing ball…and you might guess, has seemed to relate to the kids at a high level. They were painfully young a year ago and we’re still very much in every game. Another year in the weight room and I feel like Danville has arrived ahead of schedule.

Lucas has had a much more successful run in recent memory. If we include this incomplete season going back to ‘17, the Cubs have earned a 53-20 record.

1 - State Final falling to MSML

2 - Regional Final losses to JFK and Trimble, respectively.

They have, in fact, owned the last 3 contest with Danville.

Strength of schedule rating: 5th

Spitler and company have enjoyed quite a feast in DVII over the last few years. They’ve gone the way of the privates ironically enough this season. Joining the likes of Canton CC/Mooney in facing a tough (.500 at best) schedule and walking through the playoff’s against lesser…tested opponents.

In the right atmosphere, this is a low scoring contest. Lucas, I’m sure, is feeling very comfortable right about now. Prepare for a team you’ve bested recently. In a game you understand and feels normal. No more circus sideshow. Lucas was within the smell of victory in just about all contests this season if the 4-6 mark was giving you any sense of confidence…reconsider.

The first glance at Danville this year was surprising. The size presented well. Speed too. The physicality was always there, but the little devils have grown up. As the season has marched on they’ve had just a hint of trouble keeping the impressive pace they began. I would consider this a byproduct of youth. Within the team and coaching staff. What is important is that they have shown signs of being a REAL threat to this region. Sometimes that’s all you get… How important is consistency? Although East Knox isn’t keeping opposing coaches up at night it was very important to get a win there. Why? After 3 straight losses to Lucas, you’re going to need to know you can get it done when that’s all that’s left to do.

CalPreps has this one: Lucas 21 - Danville - 20

Fantastic50 has Lucas (-13)

That’s interesting.

Lucas - 35
Danville - 38

I really hope Danville can kick.

Anyone know if Drew factors in injuries or is it a straight numbers thing? Seems to me a Lucas squad missing a number of key players would not be a 13 point favorite over a good Danville team.