D7 R25 2022

I thought I’d point out an interesting factoid for this group: When I was a student at JFK we had football, boys basketball, boys tennis and boys golf. That’s it, just four sports offered. Nothing for girls. Athletics have certainly evolved over the years since my high school days.

He wasn't dressed for the bowl game as they only took 4 total freshman to the bowl. Other than a freshman kicker and freshman long-snapper no freshmen dressed this season for the Falcons. He went direct to the Academy and actually had a very good year. He won Bolt of the Week(their version of scout team player of the week) 5 times this season, 3 for defense as a CB and 2 for special teams as a returner. He also made the Dean's list for the first semester.
That's fantastic!

The REAL Likens is only in 7th grade baby........... Kids going to be a road grater........ Kasey is going to be a monster and strong like bull :cool:

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Drop some names of some breakout R25 players for the 2022 season. I'll start...

He was injured and missed all but one game last season for my Cubs. Logan Toms, as a junior, will be one the best players in R25 (if Lucas doesn't get moved again). He'll play RB and I believe ILB and will make a huge impact.

Last edited:
Dalton will be a good team, and will compete with Norwayne for the WCAL league title. I think they are playoff team based on experience and being strong upfront on both sides of the ball, but I don't expect them to make serious noise in the region next year. Could definitely see them winning a playoff game or 2, but not going to truly complete against the top teams in the region...

Drop some names of some breakout R25 players for the 2022 season. I'll start...

He was injured and missed all but one game last season for my Cubs. Logan Toms, as a junior, will be one the best players in R25 (if Lucas doesn't get moved again). He'll play RB and I believe ILB and will be a complete stud.
Valent should be the best lineman in the region if not the state for Kennedy. Hadley made a big leap from freshman to soph year and should be very, very good at QB. Hoso is one of the best players that no one talks about at LB.

Curious to see what Dial does with Stutz… They have an apparently decent soph QB and Stutz athleticism might provide a little leadership split out wide? I’d assume Siders or someone like that in the backfield.

Curious to see what Dial does with Stutz… They have an apparently decent soph QB and Stutz athleticism might provide a little leadership split out wide? I’d assume Siders or someone like that in the backfield.
Very interested to see how Dial uses his personnel. The younger quarterback (Pearson) has a great arm, but he is not the running threat that Stutz is. They will have a sophomore (Sammy Tomlinson) who should be one of their main skill guys. Tomlinson is really small, but he is explosive when he touches the ball. Siders will surely carry the ball some too. Dalton's skill will not be comparable to what they are losing, but they will still have decent skill on the football field next year for a school their size.

That soph would have to be stupid good to move out a senior about to start his 3rd year at QB. Think they'll probably go back to the O they ran with Bidlack a few years ago where EVERYTHING goes thru QB. They won't have Malone to stretch the field, but this line looks better than that one was.

That soph would have to be stupid good to move out a senior about to start his 3rd year at QB. Think they'll probably go back to the O they ran with Bidlack a few years ago where EVERYTHING goes thru QB. They won't have Malone to stretch the field, but this line looks better than that one was.
Agree with this - Stutz experience under center will provide way more than what he would provide playing WR or any other position on offense. Dalton will not out-athlete people next year. The offense should be more vanilla, run the ball between the tackles and play action kind of offense IMO.

Maybe. But Dalton got burnt in trying to get their best athlete under center w/ Malone, post Bidlack. Have to think Stutz is a better replacement for Malone/Pearson(?) is a better replacement for Stutz vs. Keeping talent on the sideline for their Jr. year… Super stoked to not be coaching ?

I completely agree. However, once the flood gates were opened, this was inevitable.
In Ohio D1 offers were cut by more than half with all the changes. Everyone is shopping the portal. Lots of D1 guys falling to D2, D2 down to D3.

I completely agree. However, once the flood gates were opened, this was inevitable.
It was inevitable when the NCAA refused to set any real guidelines for it and completely washed their hands of the situation. Now we have boosters paying players big money to come to play for their team. Want proof? Look no further than Texas A&M

It was inevitable when the NCAA refused to set any real guidelines for it and completely washed their hands of the situation. Now we have boosters paying players big money to come to play for their team. Want proof? Look no further than Texas A&M
This is only the beginning. NCAA football is eventually going to be the wild west.

In Ohio D1 offers were cut by more than half with all the changes. Everyone is shopping the portal. Lots of D1 guys falling to D2, D2 down to D3.
I heard that as well, but while most assumed (and colleges were happy to say) NIL was the reason when NCAA granted those "free year" cards LOTS of schools were able to hoard players & take even more grad transfers than they had before. More players were available, but all schools were short on money (C word) so most coaches & ADs leaned toward keeping guys already on team or taking the 22-23 year old grad transfer vs giving money to 18 year old kid.

Not saying NIL didn't have some impact, but when the NCAA gave that bonus year it really stuck it to the high school kids trying to be recruited.

As far as NIL goes, y'all might disagree, but I'm fine with it. Coaches & schools have made LOTS of money off of these kids over the years and made them live by arcane rules. If Billy's BBQ wants to give some Olineman money to be on billboards covered in sauce why the heck not?

I heard that as well, but while most assumed (and colleges were happy to say) NIL was the reason when NCAA granted those "free year" cards LOTS of schools were able to hoard players & take even more grad transfers than they had before. More players were available, but all schools were short on money (C word) so most coaches & ADs leaned toward keeping guys already on team or taking the 22-23 year old grad transfer vs giving money to 18 year old kid.

Not saying NIL didn't have some impact, but when the NCAA gave that bonus year it really stuck it to the high school kids trying to be recruited.

As far as NIL goes, y'all might disagree, but I'm fine with it. Coaches & schools have made LOTS of money off of these kids over the years and made them live by arcane rules. If Billy's BBQ wants to give some O-lineman money to be on billboards covered in sauce why the heck not?
Because HS sports shouldn't come down to whoever has the deepest pockets wins. In that scenario, all your town needs is a George Steinbrenner type to move in. That county's best athletes would flock from miles around with their hands out.

Because HS sports shouldn't come down to whoever has the deepest pockets wins. In that scenario, all your town needs is a George Steinbrenner type to move in. That county's best athletes would flock from miles around with their hands out.
Isn't this already kinda how it is though? How do we think Lebron played at StV/M? Look at all the prep schools and academies.....

Its definitely this way in College - most years the college football playoff is going to be limited to 4 of what, 8-10 teams in the country......the same 8-10 teams every single year......I'm guessing those teams don't get recruits because the players like the school colors lol

Isn't this already kinda how it is though? How do we think Lebron played at StV/M? Look at all the prep schools and academies.....

Its definitely this way in College - most years the college football playoff is going to be limited to 4 of what, 8-10 teams in the country......the same 8-10 teams every single year......I'm guessing those teams don't get recruits because the players like the school colors lol
Valid, but damn, this is HS. Can't we at least try to not corrupt our youth?

Maybe. But Dalton got burnt in trying to get their best athlete under center w/ Malone, post Bidlack. Have to think Stutz is a better replacement for Malone/Pearson(?) is a better replacement for Stutz vs. Keeping talent on the sideline for their Jr. year… Super stoked to not be coaching ?
I think they keep Stutz at QB, but will get Pearson some reps, he can definitely make all the throws and is a pretty good athlete. May get some time at safety. Also agree about the earlier comments at RB - I expect Siders will carry the ball some as will rising sophomores Tomlinson and Hess. Tomlinson can be pretty electric. He isn’t real tall, but he is not a frail kid, solidly built and aggressive. As I mentioned before, they have some good young receivers as well - dawgs will be fine