D7 R25 2022

JFK graduates some dudes, like Brown and Mauro, but they also bring some dawgs back. I’d be interested to see how the one junior RB they have for them does. Kid looks like a player.

Dalton brings back their QB but graduates, what, their 3 best skill players? How much of their lines they got back?

IDK much about what Lucas and NSP bring back. Culture and system will always keep them in the discussion… just comes down to what they got in talent.

Anyone in the ranks of Youngstown Christian, Lowellville, Malvern etc to contend? Any talent for Al Martin and CH?

It will be JFK, NSP, Dalton, Lucas, VC, CH tops in the region again. There is only about 6 schools in Region 25 that have a legitimate shot at winning it

McDonald might sneak back up to the top but teams like Mathews, Malvern, Southern, Independence, Lowellville, Plymouth, Toronto, Monroeville won't have squads that can physically and athletically compete with the top tier in Region 25

IDK much about what Lucas and NSP brings back. Culture and system will always keep them in the discussion… just comes down to what they got in talent.

My Cubs will be searching for kids to step on the O and D line. We have plenty returning at skill (QB, 2 of our 3 best RBs, starting TE and our best wideout). We should have great speed and tackling. It all is going to come down to the hogs up front. They come through, we should be just fine. The schedule so far is really, really challenging once again.

8/19, D4 Clear Fork*
8/26, D6 Hillsdale* 1 game playoff winner
9/2, @ D5 Wynford*
9/9, @ D7 Mapleton* 1 game playoff winner
9/16, D6 Mogadore* regional finalist
9/23, @ D6 Crestview* regional semi-finalist
9/30, D7 Lima Central Catholic* regional finalist
10/7, OPEN
10/14, @ Fort Loramie* 1 game playoff winner

* 2021 playoff teams

Last edited:
My Cubs will be searching for kids to step on the O and D line. We have plenty returning at skill (QB, 2 of our 3 best RBs, starting TE and our best wideout). We should have great speed and tackling. It all is going to come down to the hogs up front. They come through, we should be just fine. The schedule so far is really, really challenging once again.

8/19, D4 Clear Fork*
8/26, D6 Hillsdale* 1 game playoff winner
9/2, @ D5 Wynford*
9/9, @ D7 Mapleton* 1 game playoff winner
9/16, D6 Mogadore* regional finalist
9/23, @ D6 Crestview* regional semi-finalist
9/30, D7 Lima Central Catholic* regional finalist
10/7, OPEN
10/14, @ Fort Loramie* 1 game playoff winner

* 2021 playoff teams
That's a nice schedule!

McDonald might sneak back up to the top but teams like Mathews, Malvern, Southern, Independence, Lowellville, Plymouth, Toronto, Monroeville won't have squads that can physically and athletically compete with the top tier in Region 25
McDonald is a year away from having a good squad again- ie 2023. Next year will be improved, provided they don’t suffer the same injury luck as this year. But the talent is in current grades 8 and 9 and a lesser extent 10. Not much in the upcoming senior class besides a lineman and DB.

I agree with the rest of the teams mentioned save Southern, I actually think they’ll be pretty good next year. Regional title contender? Unlikely. But they return a good amount from this years team (a team that destroyed VC and took St Paul to OT, both teams prior mentioned in the thread)

I see some hype for VC, but I was not impressed by the Eagles this year. They had their struggles against the bad EOAC teams and got demolished by Southern (it was 46-8 before VC scored some late td’s). The McDonald game I watched they had a fortuitous end to the half that turned a potential 21-12 McDonald halftime lead to a 20-14 VC lead and changed the game. From what I remember, they were not good up front, not good at tackling or pursuit either. Offensively they had some decent skill guys and a qb with a nice arm. Overall I thought Lowellville was better. Not sure what VC returns and if they are getting an transfers which obviously would change the game

My last post for now, as I mentioned previously in the other thread, with new enrollment and competitive balance numbers being updated for the first time since 2019, there will be a shake up in the schools in this region. Even if they don’t directly move up, changes in other regions may dictate new drawing of regions and schools in the southern and western borders may be sent off to other regions.

Looking at the last figures, the schools closest to the D6 border that could move up include: Dalton, Mapleton, Southern, Jackson-Milton, Fairport, Independence, Cuyahoga Heights, and Toronto.

Schools in D6 close to the border that could be D7: Rittman, St Thomas Aquinas, Brookfield, Columbia Station, Hillsdale, and East Canton.

My last post for now, as I mentioned previously in the other thread, with new enrollment and competitive balance numbers being updated for the first time since 2019, there will be a shake up in the schools in this region. Even if they don’t directly move up, changes in other regions may dictate new drawing of regions and schools in the southern and western borders may be sent off to other regions.

Looking at the last figures, the schools closest to the D6 border that could move up include: Dalton, Mapleton, Southern, Jackson-Milton, Fairport, Independence, Cuyahoga Heights, and Toronto.

Schools in D6 close to the border that could be D7: Rittman, St Thomas Aquinas, Brookfield, Columbia Station, Hillsdale, and East Canton.
Valid points. Lucas is always on the geographical border of three regions (25, 26 and 27).

Last edited:
Competitive Balance may end up biting Valley Christian becsuse of the number of kids coming in. Lowellville has a good QB and will beat up on the Sisters of the Poor schools again but has no chance in the region. McDonald, Mathews and the like won't be a threat. The cultures that are in place at the top of the region will mean it will be the same teams in contention again. If the region stays relatively the same that is.

JFK graduates some dudes, like Brown and Mauro, but they also bring some dawgs back. I’d be interested to see how the one junior RB they have for them does. Kid looks like a player.

Dalton brings back their QB but graduates, what, their 3 best skill players? How much of their lines they got back?

IDK much about what Lucas and NSP bring back. Culture and system will always keep them in the discussion… just comes down to what they got in talent.

Anyone in the ranks of Youngstown Christian, Lowellville, Malvern etc to contend? Any talent for Al Martin and CH?
Dalton loses their top 2 rb’s, top 2 receivers, and their center. They return their Qb, 4 of 5 OL starters and their #3 wideout on offense. You can’t replace that star power, but an experienced QB and a good line sure helps. They’ll have some experience on the d line, 2 starting LB’s back as well as 1 safety and one cb. Again missing some key pieces, but they should definitely remain good.

Competitive Balance may end up biting Valley Christian becsuse of the number of kids coming in. Lowellville has a good QB and will beat up on the Sisters of the Poor schools again but has no chance in the region. McDonald, Mathews and the like won't be a threat. The cultures that are in place at the top of the region will mean it will be the same teams in contention again. If the region stays relatively the same that is.
Any update on Likens at Air Force? I was looking for him on the sidelines vs Louisville today but didnt see him on the roster.

Any update on Likens at Air Force? I was looking for him on the sidelines vs Louisville today but didnt see him on the roster.
He might have ended up in the AF prep school this year. He's got the speed for that level, but an extra year of muscle never hurts.

D7 R25 is back! The greatest group of HS football junkies on Yappi are ready for more! Let's gooooooo!
Thanks @dnis30! Appreciate you putting this up & inviting all of us.

Ok, chuckleheads, the target is set - 2240 posts over 74 pages from 5 SEP - 27 DEC 2021. Obviously the off season won't have quite that intensity of one fan base questioning another's sportsmanship until around August or so, but regardless, have no doubt that this will be one of the best threads on the site.

1640742677305.png

He might have ended up in the AF prep school this year. He's got the speed for that level, but an extra year of muscle never hurts.
He wasn't dressed for the bowl game as they only took 4 total freshman to the bowl. Other than a freshman kicker and freshman long-snapper no freshmen dressed this season for the Falcons. He went direct to the Academy and actually had a very good year. He won Bolt of the Week(their version of scout team player of the week) 5 times this season, 3 for defense as a CB and 2 for special teams as a returner. He also made the Dean's list for the first semester.

Thanks @dnis30! Appreciate you putting this up & inviting all of us.

Ok, chuckleheads, the target is set - 2240 posts over 74 pages from 5 SEP - 27 DEC 2021. Obviously the off season won't have quite that intensity of one fan base questioning another's sportsmanship until around August or so, but regardless, have no doubt that this will be one of the best threads on the site.

View attachment 24770
The posters of D7 R25 will once again prove that this thread is where it's at. We will shatter the previous year's activity of 75 pages. Here we go!

On a side note, My Cubs went down to Berlin Hiland on the road last night, 51-44. For a young team (no seniors getting minutes), we held tough.

He wasn't dressed for the bowl game as they only took 4 total freshman to the bowl. Other than a freshman kicker and freshman long-snapper no freshmen dressed this season for the Falcons. He went direct to the Academy and actually had a very good year. He won Bolt of the Week(their version of scout team player of the week) 5 times this season, 3 for defense as a CB and 2 for special teams as a returner. He also made the Dean's list for the first semester.
Good to hear!