• New Middletown Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • New Middletown Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • New Middletown Springfield by 17+

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rematch for the third year in a row! Springfield just rolled through Columbia Station and Moggy won a nailbiter vs LaBrae. I think it’ll be a really really good game but I don’t know enough about Mogadore this season to accurately guess. Based on what I do know though, Springfield by one touchdown.

Mogadore is no good. Very lucky. They had the easiest draw in the history of the tournament. Their coaches are over-rated. Their players are under-sized. The New Middletown Guerrero’s will win by 40+

Interesting troll to begin this thread. Sigh!
As a Mogadore fan who has seen the previous two games with NMS, I honestly can’t imagine how Mogadore can stop that phenomenal QB. But I couldn’t imagine how they would stop LaBrae’s QB either.
They didn’t, but the Cats managed one more TD than the Vikings. No way in the world Mogadore should win this game … but they’ll play hard and compete and try and keep the ball out of NMS’s hands, I guess … and anything is possible. Go Cats!
PS: And then we’ll all wish that phenomenal QB a happy graduation! LOL!

I like the tigers by a touchdown. It’s hard to pick against the tigers when #21 is under center.

Also to the troll from the earlier post. Mogadore is one of the premier programs in the state of Ohio. As a Springfield fan I would love to see the tigers have the continued success year after year and really decade after decade that Mogadore has had.

I hope it’s an injury free game on Friday. Go Tigers!

PS: And then we’ll all wish that phenomenal QB a happy graduation! LOL!
This made me literally LOL. I can't imagine what Moggy fans were thinking watching this bracket come together week after week.

Mogadore stubbed their toe a few times this year, but they know how to put it together in the 2nd season. But as others have said, this is the time of year that, at this level, special players are hard to send home. (And Springfield fans know this too - most are probably thinking about that McKibben punt return in title game last year). #21 is that kinda player.

Mogadore is no good. Very lucky. They had the easiest draw in the history of the tournament. Their coaches are over-rated. Their players are under-sized. The New Middletown Guerrero’s will win by 40+
what a joke. that was mogadores 700th program win. yes they are undersized but they usually are. what they lack in size they make up with heart and determination. dont think they had an easy draw. ccc was better than there record. that was a tough draw for anyone in the first round.they will play hard give nms there best. mogadore has a very young team this year. look out next year will be even better. good luck wildcats

Are you the old coach that got fired? Seems like it. If so, quit trolling and keep weeping over your 2-7 record buddy. I see the Cats putting up a big fight during this game on Saturday. They got lucky last night but played a hard, well fought game. Cats by 7.

At least it's not a defacto " home game" for Springfield like a few years ago when the had to travel all the way to South Range!! lol.
I was gonna make a comment about that LOL ? Even a majority of Springfield fans thought that was kinda . I don’t know it it would have changed the outcome of the game but I was annoyed on behalf of Moggy fans when I found that out, just ridiculous.

I was gonna make a comment about that LOL ? Even a majority of Springfield fans thought that was kinda . I don’t know it it would have changed the outcome of the game but I was annoyed on behalf of Moggy fans when I found that out, just ridiculous.
Nope outcome would have been the same..but oh my that was not even close to neutral. Plus it was your rival school!. That would have been like had they put that game at Mogadore Field high school..3 miles from MOGADORE!

Nope outcome would have been the same..but oh my that was not even close to neutral. Plus it was your rival school!. That would have been like had they put that game at Mogadore Field high school..3 miles from MOGADORE!
Not quite. While it obviously favored Springfield, south range HS is 20 minutes and about 12 miles from Springfield HS. For Mogadore it’s about 50 minutes to SR high school.

Anyway, that’s all irrelevant and 2 years ago. Springfield won this game by 14 2 years ago and 21 last year. Springfield isn’t as good as last year, and maybe about the same or slightly worse than 19, but I don’t think Mogadore is as good as the 19 version of themselves either. I got Springfield by 14 here.

Not quite. While it obviously favored Springfield, south range HS is 20 minutes and about 12 miles from Springfield HS. For Mogadore it’s about 50 minutes to SR high school.

Anyway, that’s all irrelevant and 2 years ago. Springfield won this game by 14 2 years ago and 21 last year. Springfield isn’t as good as last year, and maybe about the same or slightly worse than 19, but I don’t think Mogadore is as good as the 19 version of themselves either. I got Springfield by 14 here.
The only way I could see saying Springfield is worse this year is in the kicking game. Their new kicker a freshman is good but not as good yet as the senior who went to YSU to kick. They are better in some ways too.

The only way I could see saying Springfield is worse this year is in the kicking game. Their new kicker a freshman is good but not as good yet as the senior who went to YSU to kick. They are better in some ways too.
Half the Big 10 & all of the SEC would be "worse" if they had lost Springfield's kicker from last year. Listened to one of their games on radio & could HEAR him kick the ball. Crazy.

Half the Big 10 & all of the SEC would be "worse" if they had lost Springfield's kicker from last year. Listened to one of their games on radio & could HEAR him kick the ball. Crazy.
I definitely think Mogadore will put up a fight this year. Labrae was a GREAT team and they fought the whole game. NM Springfield's kicker from previous years definitely makes a difference though. Can't wait to see how this plays out on Saturday.

I think they are worse at WR and linebacker for sure this year. I think they are slighty worse up front of both sides of the ball and also slightly worse at RB, think Tindell and Nezbeth are better runners than Snyder is. And by no means does this mean they are bad at those positions, just not as good as last year. If i was ranking the last 3 years I have 2020 for sure at 1, and then 19 and this year neck and neck but this year can obviously move up. All 3 are great teams.

I don't know if Springfield Local is as strong as they were last year but they did beat Mogadore by 21 last year. This is another game where I hope the winner wins the title. Good luck to both teams.

GO TIGERS!!

Kapunk you better worry about the West Jefferson rough riders. I hear the Cadets struggle defending the spread. If your boys at Ft. Frye are already thinking about Springfield they might just end up getting beat this Saturday.

Kapunk you better worry about the West Jefferson rough riders. I hear the Cadets struggle defending the spread. If your boys at Ft. Frye are already thinking about Springfield they might just end up getting beat this Saturday.
Who told ppl that lol.

Hear me out for a second - Let's just give Springfield and Kirtland state titles in D5/6 and have them play each other on Championship Saturday! That is a game I'd like to see...