D5 Region 17

Going over the teams here, my early guess is South Range. Perry has had some good teams over the years and they are coached by a former Marion Local assistant i believe. Norwayne is capable of beating anyone on a given night. Garaway has had great teems of late but I dont know much about them. Everyone else I'm not quite certain of.

Last edited:
Garaway, Cardinal Mooney, Triway and Manchester all have a shot. I think South Range will be the team to beat, maybe a Norwayne - South Range regional championship game.

I think it’s Garaway’s year. Garaway gave South Range everything they could handle in the regional semis last year, and, if I’m not mistaken, return quite a bit more from their team last year.
Agreed. Garaway-SR #2 would be on the short list of "must see" games this fall.

On what planet does cardinal Mooney have a shot?
Some folks in the Wayne Co area still have nightmares about those Mooney teams from the 2010s that were sending multiple dudes to the Big 10 every year.

Agreed. Garaway-SR #2 would be on the short list of "must see" games this fall.

Some folks in the Wayne Co area still have nightmares about those Mooney teams from the 2010s that were sending multiple dudes to the Big 10 every year.
Fair enough. But just so everyone knows. There isn’t a player within 1000 feet of that team going to a B1G school

I think it’s Garaway’s year. Garaway gave South Range everything they could handle in the regional semis last year, and, if I’m not mistaken, return quite a bit more from their team last year.
I honestly don’t know what South Rsnge is bringing back. I’ll have to look

South range garaway and Norwayne could all be making a run for it not sure if I would put one team way better then another . Yes Norwayne lost to Hubbard last year but that’s Norwayne team was very inexperienced

South range garaway and Norwayne could all be making a run for it not sure if I would put one team way better then another . Yes Norwayne lost to Hubbard last year but that’s Norwayne team was very inexperienced
I'd agree with you about the Hubbard part. But those Dalton games kind of tell a different story. Garaway only gave up 7 playing at Dalton early in the season and then Dalton scored 30 at Norwayne in week 10.

Might be wrong, but believe the Pirates are bring back more than Radiers or Bobcats. Regardless, pretty sure fans of those 3 will be paying close attention to each other. Especially since no one will have Kirtland looming on the horizon!

Nor
I'd agree with you about the Hubbard part. But those Dalton games kind of tell a different story. Garaway only gave up 7 playing at Dalton early in the season and then Dalton scored 30 at Norwayne in week 10.

Might be wrong, but believe the Pirates are bring back more than Radiers or Bobcats. Regardless, pretty sure fans of those 3 will be paying close attention to each other. Especially since no one will have Kirtland looming on the horizon!
Norwayne would of beat dalton … but gave up a million yards for snaps over the qbs head .it’s early to tell but I think these three could beat each other at anytime . Norwayne is returning there all Ohio running backs along with another and there other solid running back . But has a lot to replace on the line tho Should be a fun region !

Last edited:
On what planet does cardinal Mooney have a shot?
On the planet Recruito. (Not saying they're being successful with it or even doing it right now, but there's always that "X" factor that can quickly turn around a team in a more populated area)

My initial thought is that South Range is the favorite because of how well-coached they are and how they have that program firing on all cylinders these days. IIRC, Garaway returns a lot from last year, too. Norwayne could be in the mix by the playoffs but has some holes to fill. Who else could be a factor in this region?

Last edited:

Agreed we will find out !

I really don't know where South Range will end up at year's end. They still have some talented players, and the program is solid, so hopefully they are in the running. But I agree, with Garaway returning the bulk of their team from last year, I think they would be the odd end favorite to win the region. With injuries and such, anything can happen between weeks 1 and 10.

Manchester might not make the playoffs ...
This makes me think of the Twain quote "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". I've buried Manchester in the past (more than a few times) but they always seem to do slightly better than expected when they're down and worse than expected when they're great. Plus, with expanded playoffs would be shocked if they didn't make it in.

That was with the old coaching staff and much better talent than they have currently ... plus they lost a potential All-state and D1 talent at Qb to the transfer portal

I think SR will be a little down from the last two season, which is too bad with Kirtland gone.

Garaway is my pick. Then I'd SR. The SR skill players coming back and filling in for losses will be really good.

SR will be the best coached team in the region. They’ll be good another year then the talent dips down big time for a few years