D5 R18 Final: Liberty Center vs Elmwood

Who wins?

• Liberty Center

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Elmwood

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liberty Center is just better than Elmwood across the board. But: mistakes and turnovers always come into play. Not mention the health of each team. All things considered L C by 2 or 3 scores.

Liberty Center is just better than Elmwood across the board. But: mistakes and turnovers always come into play. Not mention the health of each team. All things considered L C by 2 or 3 scores.
Curious what makes you say that. After watching them both, Elmwood has much better skill players with an above average line. Liberty center has decent skill players, with a stellar line. Watching both in person, seeing comparable scores vs common opponents. I think it’s a one score game, and Elmwood well could pull it out. Okay to have your own opinion, but the “better across the board” is a little much after seeing them both in person

Curious what makes you say that. After watching them both, Elmwood has much better skill players with an above average line. Liberty center has decent skill players, with a stellar line. Watching both in person, seeing comparable scores vs common opponents. I think it’s a one score game, and Elmwood well could pull it out. Okay to have your own opinion, but the “better across the board” is a little much after seeing them both in person
As much as I appreciate what the LC kids have done and can do it seems as though Oliver and Wickard are at least the equal of Orr and Zeiter. If Elmwood can rush the football it could be a good game but the defensive line for LC is spectacular. Perhaps LC fans can correct me but this is the best collection of linemen I have ever seen at Liberty Center. If Wickard has to throw a lot he better be sure that he doesn't throw many that are up for grabs. Elmwood has beaten two darn good teams in Eastwood and Allen East but I wonder if they have seen offensive and defensive line play the caliber of LC.

Don’t know enough about Elmwood, except they’ve been putting up great numbers all season. I’ve said it for weeks, that Elmwood could be the team to sneak out of the region. With that being said, I’m going with the mighty Tigers. That D is just too good.

Someone should reach out and let Elmwood know that they have no chance and that this is gonna be a brutal beat down . Maybe they can just cancel the game and save them some time. Also may as well reach out to the other teams in D5 and let them know that they’re at best playing for 2nd place .

Liberty Center 35
Elmwood 21

LC is in control all night though. I think Elmwood gets a score at the end of the game to make it closer.

The front 3 of LC is no joke and that allows those 2nd level guys to roam and be freed up to do some things they otherwise wouldn't be capable of. While the LC defense gets a lot of the recognition, their offense is quite impressive as well. This will be Elmwood's toughest test to date. If Elmwood can hit some big plays, that'll spark them and they can hang around. But if they have to put together drive after drive, I think that plays right into LC's style.

As much as I appreciate what the LC kids have done and can do it seems as though Oliver and Wickard are at least the equal of Orr and Zeiter. If Elmwood can rush the football it could be a good game but the defensive line for LC is spectacular. Perhaps LC fans can correct me but this is the best collection of linemen I have ever seen at Liberty Center. If Wickard has to throw a lot he better be sure that he doesn't throw many that are up for grabs. Elmwood has beaten two darn good teams in Eastwood and Allen East but I wonder if they have seen offensive and defensive line play the caliber of LC.

The thing is it isn't just Zeiter and Orr for LC. It's C. Kruse, Chambers, Hammontree, Chapa, T Kruse, L. Kruse and Rentz.

LC by 3 touchdowns. No opponent has intimidated them yet and elmwood will not be the first. The defense has had 8 straight running clocks and at least 6 shutouts. LC’s head coach and supporting staff have a regional championship under their belt as well as 1or 2 regional runner ups. They know how to win big games. And every team (otsego, wauseon, archbold, LB, CW) that has been talked about as the team that could beat the Tigers has lost with 4 of those games being shutouts. Teams have been unsuccessful both in the run and the spread. LC is focused and on a mission. Mentality and physicality will be too much for elmwood.

Someone should reach out and let Elmwood know that they have no chance and that this is gonna be a brutal beat down . Maybe they can just cancel the game and save them some time. Also may as well reach out to the other teams in D5 and let them know that they’re at best playing for 2nd place .

If you listen to South Range fans, this game shouldn't be played, because they're taking state and it won't be close.

If you listen to South Range fans, this game shouldn't be played, because they're taking state and it won't be close.
Link?
There is one person, who just joined, who has made basically the same ridiculous over the top post six times. I have no idea who he is a fan of. Most likely a teenager or someone who joined with a specific agenda. Other than that, it’s quite the opposite. There are about five of us here and all are quite reasonable regarding our team. Nor do us five represent the team or fans. Just ourselves.
Sorry for the hijack but I couldn’t let this stand without response. So back to discussing this great match-up!

Last edited:
This is the key, it's supposed to be something like 25 degrees at kickoff Friday. That makes for a very hard ball being thrown to very cold fingers.
No one has ran on LC all year. The wing-T attack from Tinora: 30 rushes for 46 yards. 1,000 yard rushers Dominique-Arch, Meyers-PC, Wolford-Delta, and Kepler-Bryan. None of them had any success except Wolford on the first drive of the game. If the elements turn Elmwood even somewhat one dimensional it will definitely favor LC.

The historic season for Elmwood comes to a screeching halt Friday night. The Tigers defense is one of the best in the state and their offense is no slouch either with multiple weapons. I think Elmwood can muster out a touchdown or two but the weather will really favor the Tigers in this one.

35-14 Liberty Center. Advance to play hopefully South Range which would be a great semifinal matchup.

In looking at both teams schedules, one thing is clear...Elmwood has not played against a team with as good of a running game as LC, while LC has not played anyone close to as good of an offense as Elmwood.

If Elmwood can have success using the short passing game to set up the run game they have a very good chance. If they really have the better skill players than spread the field and hit the quick slants and backs out of the backfield to make the down 3 for LC as well as the linebackers run around and waste some energy instead of letting them tee off on drop back passes deep.

LC is very good at lulling teams to sleep with their physical running game and then all of a sudden they slip a wing or TE out on the backside for a big gain in the pass game. They are tough to stop offensively for sure and they just keep pounding and pounding and physically beat you up. If this happens it's LC going away easily.

If Elmwood can keep the LC offense on the sidelines and chew up the clock with a short passing game and a few runs here and there I like their chances to pull out the win. If it comes down to power football and LC just running up and down the field this will be a running clock in the 2nd half.

I like the Tigers in this one 24-21.

How many L-C starters went to Napoleon last year?

There isn't a single boy on the LC roster that ever went to Napoleon High School.

Now are there some that live in the Napoleon district that open enrolled to LC in elementary or middle school, yes.

Only because Napoleon was so stupid as to shut down their Ag Education options because they think they are more elite than the rest of Henry County.

Now, stop asking moronic questions, trying to be cute.

There isn't a single boy on the LC roster that ever went to Napoleon High School.

Now are there some that live in the Napoleon district that open enrolled to LC in elementary or middle school, yes.

Only because Napoleon was so stupid as to shut down their Ag Education options because they think they are more elite than the rest of Henry County.

Now, stop asking moronic questions, trying to be cute.
Have a nice day

I won't say who told me that several of LC's starters went to Napoleon last year because it would reflect very poorly on a NWO league. Maybe he deserves to be called out, but it won't be by me.