D4 Region 13 Playoff Thread

Wow, did this topic get quite. The interest in the playoffs for this region, is nowhere near last year. Does not look like too many people give a

Last edited:
Wow, did this topic get quite. The interest in the playoffs for this region, is nowhere near last year. Does not look like too many people give a
Perry should win with ease and Poland should win with ease in my opinion, IC plays a style that leads to disaster playing into Poland’s strengths. Perry will or should running clock Cvca. Next week should be very interesting tho

Perry should win with ease and Poland should win with ease in my opinion, IC plays a style that leads to disaster playing into Poland’s strengths. Perry will or should running clock Cvca. Next week should be very interesting tho
Honestly, I just feel this region is kind of dull, compared to last year. Just not into any of these matchups, or even future matchups that are left

Honestly, I just feel this region is kind of dull, compared to last year. Just not into any of these matchups, or even future matchups that are left
Steubenville missing from the region has definitely watered it down quite a bit
Talent from this year’s selection is way down from what last year had to offer.
Aside from Poland you don’t have much local representation.
Kindly boring for Valley fans to say the least.
?

Steubenville missing from the region has definitely watered it down quite a bit
Talent from this year’s selection is way down from what last year had to offer.
Aside from Poland you don’t have much local representation.
Kindly boring for Valley fans to say the least.
?
Even the other teams out of our area too though. Don't know much about Perry, but sounds like they have a great offense, but lack defense. Don't know much about CVCA, or Indian Creek, but they don't sound like Final 4 material. Poland is well coached, and have an identity. But gosh, is it boring to watch, in my opinion.

Even the other teams out of our area too though. Don't know much about Perry, but sounds like they have a great offense, but lack defense. Don't know much about CVCA, or Indian Creek, but they don't sound like Final 4 material. Poland is well coached, and have an identity. But gosh, is it boring to watch, in my opinion.

It's hard to tell about Perry's defense, but I think they've improved quite a bit as the season has gone on. They have some more guys playing both ways now and that has helped them out on defense a lot. The last 8 games they have only given up a total of 21 points in the first half. Also, their offense is anything but boring to watch. They have some really athletic guys, and Jaylen Anderson is ranked as a top 10 prospect in Ohio and the 11th highest rated RB in the country in the class of 2021 by 247sports.

It's hard to tell about Perry's defense, but I think they've improved quite a bit as the season has gone on. They have some more guys playing both ways now and that has helped them out on defense a lot. The last 8 games they have only given up a total of 21 points in the first half. Also, their offense is anything but boring to watch. They have some really athletic guys, and Jaylen Anderson is ranked as a top 10 prospect in Ohio and the 11th highest rated RB in the country in the class of 2021 by 247sports.

I was talking about Poland's offense being boring

So you don't know much about 3 of the 4 teams left but your saying the region is dull and boring? I think what makes it boring for guys from the valley is there are no know it all blowhards left pontificating about the teams that weren't good enough to get to week 12. Those teams were all dispatched last week. Their fans are focused on next year and posting videos of upcoming 8th graders.

I don't talk about Poland because I've never seen them in person or online, same with Indian Creek. I have seen CVCA and I have seen Perry. I can say that it will be a great game and that Perry is the HEAVY favorite with the best player on the field. However the same blowhards that said Perry would put a running clock on CVCA last year were pretty quiet when it was a lot closer than those experts thought. I can only imagine what the chatter will be next week if CVCA can pull off a miracle and beat Perry and Poland beats IC or I imagine this thread completely goes dark if CVCA and IC actually both win.

So you don't know much about 3 of the 4 teams left but your saying the region is dull and boring? I think what makes it boring for guys from the valley is there are no know it all blowhards left pontificating about the teams that weren't good enough to get to week 12. Those teams were all dispatched last week. Their fans are focused on next year and posting videos of upcoming 8th graders.

I don't talk about Poland because I've never seen them in person or online, same with Indian Creek. I have seen CVCA and I have seen Perry. I can say that it will be a great game and that Perry is the HEAVY favorite with the best player on the field. However the same blowhards that said Perry would put a running clock on CVCA last year were pretty quiet when it was a lot closer than those experts thought. I can only imagine what the chatter will be next week if CVCA can pull off a miracle and beat Perry and Poland beats IC or I imagine this thread completely goes dark if CVCA and IC actually both win.
Relax. Take a chill pill. I said I did not know much about certain teams because I have not seen them, but from what I have read up to, I just don't think if them making it to state. It is just opinion, don't be so offended. The one team left I have seen is a local team, and even though they are well coached, and a good team, I don't prefer to watch that style of football. So that is boring to me. That is all

Relax. Take a chill pill. I said I did not know much about certain teams because I have not seen them, but from what I have read up to, I just don't think if them making it to state. It is just opinion, don't be so offended. The one team left I have seen is a local team, and even though they are well coached, and a good team, I don't prefer to watch that style of football. So that is boring to me. That is all

I know nothing about Poland. What makes their offense boring? Do they run a Wing T or something?

I know nothing about Poland. What makes their offense boring? Do they run a Wing T or something?
3 to 4 yard cloud of dust, behind 300 pound lineman. Occasional bootleg by the QB, or a short flat pass, just to keep your defense from completely stacking the box every play

The first time I seen Jaylen Anderson play, was against Steubenville, in the regional final at Niles. You could tell he was a stud all ready as a 9th grader. I was just surprised they did not use him more that night though.

Last edited:
I was talking about Poland's offense being boring
LOL. Don Bucci’s Mooney teams had the most boring offense in the state. I guess they had to save all their energy to carry all those State Championship Trophy’s and rings. Coaches mold their teams to win. Not satisfy the fans. If it was your team winning every week and winning championships, I think you would be more receptive of their style.

Every team in this region will have to pass on Poland, Perry’s RB is solid but he will not be able to do it alone, he will be held way under what he’s accustomed to it’s on the QB and receivers that game.

Every team in this region will have to pass on Poland, Perry’s RB is solid but he will not be able to do it alone, he will be held way under what he’s accustomed to it’s on the QB and receivers that game.
I watched that RB go out on routes before, in previous years. He is great receiver. Poland is going to have their hands full I think, if this game takes place. BTW, I did see that Girard had over 200 yards rushing against Perry, that does not sound real good for the Perry run defense. But they won the game 48-7, so a lot of them yards probably came in garbage time.

Last edited:
LOL. Don Bucci’s Mooney teams had the most boring offense in the state. I guess they had to save all their energy to carry all those State Championship Trophy’s and rings. Coaches mold their teams to win. Not satisfy the fans. If it was your team winning every week and winning championships, I think you would be more receptive of their style.
Lol. No Sherlock. Obviously we know teams don't have to please fans. Poland is not my team, but yes they are boring in my opinion

I agree but they will have to use him in the padding game for sure
I watched that RB go out on routes before, in previous years. He is great receiver. Poland is going to have their hands full I think, if this game takes place. BTW, I did see that Girard had over 200 yards rushing against Perry, that does not sound real good for the Perry run defense. But they won the game 48-7, so a lot of them yards probably came in garbage time.

Perrys QB was the Lakes district Offensive player of the year this season, not the RB. Says something about how good he is.

Has Poland even faced a good passing team all year? I did not see it on their schedule

You clearly either got multiple speeding tickets in Poland that your still sour about, or got dumped by a stuck up Poland girl at some point in your life.

You clearly either got multiple speeding tickets in Poland that your still sour about, or got dumped by a stuck up Poland girl at some point in your life.
Neither, but don't really get your point? In fact don't even remember the last time I have even been to Poland. Lol