D4 Reg 16

Massie vs Bethal Tate
Valley View vs Indian Hill going with VV ,but wouldn't shock me, if IH pull thing game out
Wyoming vs Graham
McNick vs Waverly

I'm perfect to date in R16. In Round 3, I'm going with:

Massie vs Bethal Tate
Valley View vs Indian Hill
Wyoming vs Graham
McNick vs Waverly

The VV vs. Indian Hill game should be the most interesting. I could see McNicholas and Waverly being a good game but I think the Rocket defense is the difference maker there.

I understand the disrespect Waverly gets and the rest of our perineal programs in the southern ohio area (Ironton, Jackson, Wheelersburg) but this team is different from the ones that lost to Indian Hill and Valley View x2. This team will come button upped and prepared to take on mcnichols. And hopefully will leave some surprised

Indian hill a very penalized team as well... Still stomping on teams. Fix these issues on IH's part they'll be even harder to beat. IH, 38-12.

If Waverley can put some points (21+) on the board they can beat McNick. McKnick has one of the better defenses I've seen this year. Very sound, get hats to the ball.

Offense is very limited with qb out for the year but a well coached team nonetheless.

Indian hill a very penalized team as well... Still stomping on teams. Fix these issues on IH's part they'll be even harder to beat. IH, 38-12.

Then they and Valley View will be a good matchup. Valley View is a very good offensive and defensive team. This is one of the more dynamic offenses they've had due to the amount of weapons they can use. There's no question that penalties and/or turnovers can be an issue.

Valley View is one of the more balanced teams I've seen. Indian Hill Is good but so is Valley View. I'll go with the Spartans. 28-21

I think CM wins by 14+. They have one of the harder run offensive game plans in the state and run it to perfection

going off what a few posters said in regards to VV, I believe on paper VV is arguably the most talented team in this region on both sides of the ball in terms of speed and athleticism. However it’s hard to grasp which team will show up. The one that played Franklin or the one that should have beaten Bellbrook. We shall see

I'll go with
CM over Bethel-Tate BT Qb averages 32 pass attempts a game, we'll see how much better CM secondary has gotten
VV over Indian Hill Best game of the week
Wyoming over Graham hats off to graham for getting by Eaton last week, besides, its about wrestling season
Mcnick over Waverly both are battle tested but Wheelersburg, Granville aren't the same battle as Badin and Alter.

If Waverley can put some points (21+) on the board they can beat McNick. McKnick has one of the better defenses I've seen this year. Very sound, get hats to the ball.

Offense is very limited with qb out for the year but a well coached team nonetheless.

this is what Waverly will have to do to win. Offense has been electric all year for us. 27 points in the first q against Norwood. And yes mcnichols won’t be Norwood but if they offense can make the most of each possession and get points I think we can win. Defense will just have to make sure to get off the field early and often

Massie offense will be hard to stop but in order for us to make a deep run we gotta fix our secondary issues and some defensive schemes. What we call dime package and when to use it. This has to be addressed. Also, I never thought I would say it but we have some daddy ball issues as well. Hope the staff wises up for the better of the program. We will see.

Massie offense will be hard to stop but in order for us to make a deep run we gotta fix our secondary issues and some defensive schemes. What we call dime package and when to use it. This has to be addressed. Also, I never thought I would say it but we have some daddy ball issues as well. Hope the staff wises up for the better of the program. We will see.
That’s (daddy ball) what caused VV to fall from where they were. It took 7-8 years to fix the program.

I posted this over on the game thread, but I watched some live streams of IH on YouTube. To be honest, these two teams look so similar it's not funny. Both with very athletic QB's that can run and throw. Athletic RB's and WR's. It honestly looks like a pretty evenly matched game.

I will agree, VV has played the stronger schedule to date. Playing a team like Bellbrook will be beneficial despite the loss in OT. Even facing Franklin and their defense in another OT loss will pay dividends. IH wasn't as tested this season with no OOC games or their annual rivalry with Wyoming.

We have plenty of success in Mechanicsburg. I'm originally from around CM I've seen how they play a sissy schedule and kill teams until they get to the big dogs.

Those days are long gone at Clinton Massie. Although their league schedule is stronger than it once was, they still do win handily most seasons. But they also challenge themselves in the OOC. I would guess they have the best win in all of R16 this year in beating Alter in Week 1. We've seen CM schedule games with the likes of Fenwick on their good years, Coldwater, Avon Lake, Col. DeSales, Turpin, Hartley, etc. So to say they play a "sissy schedule", those days are like a decade ago. It's also a moot argument once you start taking home state championships. I don't see how anyone could talk poorly on the CM program.

Last edited:
We have plenty of success in Mechanicsburg. I'm originally from around CM I've seen how they play a sissy schedule and kill teams until they get to the big dogs.
This guy... Back to back state titles. Another appearance on top of that. Desales, Alter, Coldwater, Avon Lake, Turpin, Hartley. Where the big dogs at??

Last edited:
Wyoming, IH, McNicholas, and Massie all advance this week. Looking forward to a Wyoming-Indian Hill match up next week.

Let us all follow the powerful scheduling of the Burg in 2019.. maybe Urbana (0-10), Catholic Central (0-10), Cedarville (1-9), Northeastern (2-8), Triad (3-7), Kenton Ridge (5-5) Look out!!!
you must be forgetting West Liberty Salem, West Jefferson, and Fairbanks yearly. next year Covington replaces Urbana. Burg was Greenons only loss this year. Theyve been scrimmaging Anna and this year they scrimmaged against another undefeated school, Graham. They either play Greenon or Greeneview every year, two programs who have been strong. Burg challenges themselves more than many.

you must be forgetting West Liberty Salem, West Jefferson, and Fairbanks yearly. next year Covington replaces Urbana. Burg was Greenons only loss this year. Theyve been scrimmaging Anna and this year they scrimmaged against another undefeated school, Graham. They either play Greenon or Greeneview every year, two programs who have been strong. Burg challenges themselves more than many.

I don’t mean to disrespect the burg I think they play good football. That comment was just silly earlier. However Greenons schedule is 16-27 so far this year. If they Beat Bacon This week that comment will weigh a lot more.

The OHC is the toughest small school conference in the state outside of the MAC.

We made it to the state semi-finals last year, so that schedule must have prepared them for something :censored:
Or they were just a good football team and we can all stop talking **** about who plays who considering the kids don’t make the schedules. They just play the game. However if they played a tougher schedule maybe they would have won it all last year ??‍♂️