D4 Reg 16

Agree CMorris Waverly has some very nice weapons. Just worried a team like Massie will line up and play keep away and limit their touches. The rough playoff losses in this region may be motivation for them.

Round 2 Games:

#17 Thurgood Marshall @ #1 Clinton Massie
#9 Bethel-Tate @ #8 Waynesville
#13 Norwood @ #4 Waverly
#12 Unioto @ #5 McNicholas
#15 Oakwood @ #2 Indian Hill
#10 Milton Union @ #7 Valley View
#14 Taylor @ #3 Wyoming
#11 Eaton @ #6 Graham

Here are my picks for Round 2:

Round 2 Games:

#17 Thurgood Marshall @ #1 Clinton Massie
#9 Bethel-Tate
@ #8 Waynesville
#13 Norwood @ #4 Waverly
#12 Unioto @ #5 McNicholas
#15 Oakwood @ #2 Indian Hill
#10 Milton Union @ #7 Valley View
#14 Taylor @ #3 Wyoming
#11 Eaton @ #6 Graham

I'll be interested in the BT/Waynesville, MU/VV, and Eaton/Graham games. I just don't know enough about Bethel-Tate to make a strong prediction there. MU/VV is a rematch of a Week 5 game that Valley View won big, 57-14. I know VV played very well that game but I assume MU will have a better showing this time around. I think Eaton is capable of beating Graham too. That might be the most competitive of the Round 2 games.

Waynesville will win. Stronger schedule. What makes you doubt Waynesville so much. I’ve seen a couple times where you don’t have much faith and I thought you were a SWBL guy.

Waynesville will win. Stronger schedule. What makes you doubt Waynesville so much. I’ve seen a couple times where you don’t have much faith and I thought you were a SWBL guy.
The week 1 mauling at the hands of Bellbrook made us temper our expectations of them. No doubt they’re a good team but that was rough for them.

Waynesville is a different team now. i think they beat Bethel Tate handily. Bethel Tate plays a weak schedule in the SBC.

I do think Waynesville is a quality team. I think the Bellbrook loss at the beginning of the year has me a little thrown off. It's also hard when all of the teams didn't get to play their typical OOC games. I think you can get a really good feel for teams by how they perform in the non-conference. Most of it has to do with me not having any real feel for Bethel-Tate though. If Waynesville wins this week, I wouldn't be surprised though either. I expect those two teams to be fairly evenly matched either way. Definitely hoping the Spartans pull that one out.

Id say
Massie over Marshall CM still hasn't put together a complete game after 6 games ..jury is out on them
Waynesville over Bethel Tate probably best game in R16 rd2
Waverly over Norwood possibly best Waverly team so far
McNik over Unioto defense wins championships put your best athlete at qb and see what happens
Indian Hill over Oakwood Indian Hill has a chip on their shoulder this year...maybe?
Valley View over Milton Union VV couple plays from a strong 6-0 at this point my pick to win R16
Wyoming over Taylor running clock at halftime
Eaton over Graham they got this wrong imo Id put Graham in the 13 to 18 not hating but their 6-0 is weak

Id say
Massie over Marshall CM still hasn't put together a complete game after 6 games ..jury is out on them
Waynesville over Bethel Tate probably best game in R16 rd2
Waverly over Norwood possibly best Waverly team so far
McNik over Unioto defense wins championships put your best athlete at qb and see what happens
Indian Hill over Oakwood Indian Hill has a chip on their shoulder this year...maybe?
Valley View over Milton Union VV couple plays from a strong 6-0 at this point my pick to win R16
Wyoming over Taylor running clock at halftime
Eaton over Graham they got this wrong imo Id put Graham in the 13 to 18 not hating but their 6-0 is weak

I would say and probably a lot of others in our area would say this arguably the best team Waverly has had since 2007 when they lost to Westfall who then fell to eventual champion Coldwater

Graham vs Eaton and Bethel Tate vs Waynesville are so hard to tell because I think all but minus Eaton have yet to be tested. Graham, Wville, and BT don't really a signature win and each have multiple really, really bad teams. Eaton beating Graham would not shock me. I think the SWBL is equivalent to the SBAAC. They each have the one top dog (Bellbrook and Massie this year) and then everything else 2-10 is a toss up.

On a side note, Urbana used to be in the playoffs a few years ago and now they're going go finish with their second straight winless season.

you just have to look at if any other of the top wealthy communities have played, but none come to mind (no private schools)

Really just have to look at the opponents of Indian Hill and maybe New Albany. They are far and away #1 and #2 but Indian Hill is well beyond everyone if you look beyond basic statistics. The median is 294k but the average is closer to 400k but that really only accounts for income from pay checks. There is a lot more capital gains and wealth in Indian Hill that doesn't show up on a W-2.

New Albany is wealthy but is propped up higher by one individual who is the richest person in the state. Indian Hill doesn't have one person that wealthy but more families that are in the 10, 11, and approaching 12 figures.

Graham vs Eaton and Bethel Tate vs Waynesville are so hard to tell because I think all but minus Eaton have yet to be tested. Graham, Wville, and BT don't really a signature win and each have multiple really, really bad teams. Eaton beating Graham would not shock me. I think the SWBL is equivalent to the SBAAC. They each have the one top dog (Bellbrook and Massie this year) and then everything else 2-10 is a toss up.

On a side note, Urbana used to be in the playoffs a few years ago and now they're going go finish with their second straight winless season.
There are a lot of people saying that Eaton may be the best two win team in D4. They had Brookville beat except for a late INT in the game. They also had Monroe beat except for a couple late TD drops. And they havent beat Franklin for 10 years, and to hold them to zero points was pretty impressive. I have to think that Eaton is going to be prepared for whatever Graham throws at them. I think Eaton wins 28-14

There are a lot of people saying that Eaton may be the best two win team in D4. They had Brookville beat except for a late INT in the game. They also had Monroe beat except for a couple late TD drops. And they havent beat Franklin for 10 years, and to hold them to zero points was pretty impressive. I have to think that Eaton is going to be prepared for whatever Graham throws at them. I think Eaton wins 28-14

Agreed. The SWBL also had a very strong Round 1 of the playoffs. I think that can show the league is stronger overall than many give it credit for. That benefits teams like Eaton and Waynesville in Round 2.

Just for fun.
Calpreps.com. McNick 35 Unioto 6

I don’t believe McNick will get 35 but they may hold Unioto to a touchdown.

Waverly took care of business and some against Norwood 62-14 looking forward to seeing how we fair against mcnick

Does McNick have a chance against Waverly? Looking at Waverly‘s results they have had some close games but I have no idea of the caliber of the opposition.

Does McNick have a chance against Waverly? Looking at Waverly‘s results they have had some close games but I have no idea of the caliber of the opposition.

Waverlys toughest competition was Granville and Wheelersburg both of which they won by one point and were at home. As for their league schedule outside of Wheelersburg the conference drops off but not terribly. Minford kept it close against Wheelersburg for a portion of the game. Valley and Wheelersburg are the only remaining team from the SOC II still in the playoffs as well

Every year that Waverly makes the playoffs in Region 16 (top 8 now which is normally how it would go) they get crushed. I think McNicholas will go in and win like 31-7. Waverly was probably happy they were in Region 15 last year to win a playoff game because in 2018 they took a 9-1 record into Indian Hill and lost 63-28. 2017: 42-0 L to Valley View. 2016 34-0 L to Valley View.

So yes, Waverly's level of success is to win games and make the playoffs but SW Ohio D4 is way better than their conference and surrounding area.