D4 R16 Playoff Teams 2019

Riverman

All teams should be set. Thoughts

Wyoming vs Milton Union

Massie vs Valley View

Waynesville vs Roger Bacon

Kenton vs Indian Hill

Can Milton Union stop Wyoming =Prater record night rushing the ball ?
Can VV Stop Massie ground and pound?
Can Wayneville stop Bacon run game?
Can Indian Hill stop Kenton passing attack 50-70 passes per game?

Wyoming - Milton Union is playing good football, but Wyoming is the defending undefeated state champions with maybe the best player in DIV.
Clinton-Massie - They are just better.
Waynesville - They had a fluke loss and have many impressive wins. Roger Bacon also has some impressive wins. Waynesville with the win.
Kenton - Indian Hill played Wyoming tough last night, but Kenton is a very explosive team with a nasty defense.

Really not sure how to judge these games. Milton is a clear underdog vs Wyoming.
Waynesville is a good team when they are healthy. Roger Bacon might be the favorite here.
Valley View should never be overlooked. Clinton Massie is a great program and that experience should make them a favorite.
I know nothing about Indian Hill or Kenton other than the fact that Kenton plays in the WBL. They should be the favorite here.
best of luck.

Wyoming over MU, they’ll give them a game early, then Cowboys will pull away. Rooting for Waynesville, but Bacon’s athletes will dominate. Massie over VV, Massie only lost to Avon Lake by a point, who’s likely going deep in D2 playoffs. Kenton and IH will be the best game of the weekend, if it’s cold/rainy, I’ll take IH.

Well IH hasnt played on grass all year from the looks of their schedule which does make a difference and add in the its apparently a trash grass field I'd say it gives Kenton a definite advantage

All this talk about No regions for playoffs and new playoff formats and still a team has to travel 2.5 hrs. NO SYSTEM is perfect. Someone will always have to drive. but that is a long way for a first round game.
oh i totally agree with you. regions aren’t perfect this is just a rare instance where a first round game is that far

Poor guys. Not only do they have to go to that town, Kenton’s field is absolutely awful to play on.

Wow! A lot of love for the small town of Kenton. Kenton does not have the money that IH has so the field will not be as nice as what they have played on. One plus is there is plenty of parking.

Kenton's defense is good but the offense will determine this game. The QB can scramble, however his is prone to holding on to the ball too long and taking sacks. The QB is the brother of the kid that set all passing records for Mauk in Missouri. IH should not use their regular D-lineman or they will be gassed by the 3rd quarter. Kenton only has 2 kids that play both offense and defense. Jayden Cornell, Landon Rush and Malik Jet are players to watch in this game.

I know nothing about Indian Hill. Looks like they can score a lot of points. The key to this game is can IH slow down Kenton's attack and can Kenton's tough defense get stops in this game. Kenton is very tough to run the ball on. D-line is very good.

My pics for week one.

Wyoming
Clinton Massie
Kenton
Roger Bacon

Wow! A lot of love for the small town of Kenton. Kenton does not have the money that IH has so the field will not be as nice as what they have played on. One plus is there is plenty of parking.

Kenton's defense is good but the offense will determine this game. The QB can scramble, however his is prone to holding on to the ball too long and taking sacks. The QB is the brother of the kid that set all passing records for Mauk in Missouri. IH should not use their regular D-lineman or they will be gassed by the 3rd quarter. Kenton only has 2 kids that play both offense and defense. Jayden Cornell, Landon Rush and Malik Jet are players to watch in this game.

I know nothing about Indian Hill. Looks like they can score a lot of points. The key to this game is can IH slow down Kenton's attack and can Kenton's tough defense get stops in this game. Kenton is very tough to run the ball on. D-line is very good.

My pics for week one.

Wyoming
Clinton Massie
Kenton
Roger Bacon

They have money for a full sized indoor football facility with turf though? I’m sure they don’t do anything against the OHSAA rules in there.

That was all donations I believe.

I know that but can’t a field also be donated? Not only do they have to pay for the turf for the facility, but they have to build the facility itself and have air conditioning/heating built into it and all the other stuff that comes with building a building. I’m not sure how much all that cost but I have a feeling that a turf field cost less than a turf field AND a building.

I know that but can’t a field also be donated? Not only do they have to pay for the turf for the facility, but they have to build the facility itself and have air conditioning/heating built into it and all the other stuff that comes with building a building. I’m not sure how much all that cost but I have a feeling that a turf field cost less than a turf field AND a building.
I think it was a little over a million. I have no idea how they decided on the facility. Could just been what the donors wanted. I know others have wanted turf at Robinson Field for awhile.

Wow...I take it that you hate Kenton for some reason!

Nope, I don’t hate any team. I just don’t like their field, I have experienced playing against dirty players, and I have experienced watching dirty players. I am not saying everyone from Kenton is like that but that is just what I have experienced. There have been people from Kenton that I have been friends with/gotten along with. However, in general I am not a fan. The only reason I am rooting for them to make it far in the playoffs is because they are a WBL brethren.

Nope, I don’t hate any team. I just don’t like their field, I have experienced playing against dirty players, and I have experienced watching dirty players. I am not saying everyone from Kenton is like that but that is just what I have experienced. There have been people from Kenton that I have been friends with/gotten along with. However, in general I am not a fan. The only reason I am rooting for them to make it far in the playoffs is because they are a WBL brethren.

Yeah and there is no dirty players on other WBL teams right?

How about we get back to talking playoffs and not bashing players and people from one town.

Yeah and there is no dirty players on other WBL teams right?

How about we get back to talking playoffs and not bashing players and people from one town.

But you’re right. Back to the playoffs. I have a good feeling about Kenton winning this game, but they’ll have Wyoming next week. This years Wyoming team doesn’t look like last years team, but they still have the best player in DIV and possibly the best QB in the state. Jaydon Cornell is an absolute beast and if the defense can play like they did against Wapak or OG I can see an upset here.

But you’re right. Back to the playoffs. I have a good feeling about Kenton winning this game, but they’ll have Wyoming next week. This years Wyoming team doesn’t look like last years team, but they still have the best player in DIV and possibly the best QB in the state. Jaydon Cornell is an absolute beast and if the defense can play like they did against Wapak or OG I can see an upset here.
if Kenton plays Wyoming and it (likely) is played in the Dayton area i will be in attendance

Last edited by a moderator:
Writing off Milton already? I’m pumped about the Dogs playing Wyoming. Kenton is a great program. Kids can’t help what adults do. The Kenton kids play the games.
No bashing towns or it gets deleted. Let’s stay above board here. Thanks.

Writing off Milton already? I’m pumped about the Dogs playing Wyoming. Kenton is a great program. Kids can’t help what adults do. The Kenton kids play the games.
No bashing towns or it gets deleted. Let’s stay above board here. Thanks.
personally i can’t WAIT to see the Dogs play Wyoming! it will be a lot closer than most think. Milton is talented but they have no one to stop Evan Prater. Wyoming by 13, congrats to the dogs on a heck of a year.

Not expecting a VV win but don’t write them off against CM. These current coaches have either coached or played on those title teams back in the 90s. They will have these kids ready for what is coming Saturday

The first round matchups in this region are interesting. Both Wyoming and Clinton Massie are heavy favorites, which I think most expected. I had mentioned on the SWBL thread that in year's past, the SWBL has had a lot of success against the CHL teams. But Wyoming has taken their program to what seems a higher level the past couple of seasons. For Clinton Massie and Valley View, both are very familiar with one another. They've met many times over the years in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think this particular Falcons team is on a very high level. I do think the Waynsville/RB and Kenton/Indian Hill games could be competitive. In the end, I expect:

#1 Wyoming over #8 Milton Union
#2 Clinton Massie over #7 Valley View
#6 Roger Bacon over #3 Waynesville
#4 Kenton over #5 Indian Hill