D4 AP Poll 2/3/20

Yea we could have past, but Rosecrans was hoping that we go to Malvern side of the bracket,there thinking was if we did that, they only have to face one the other two contenders,well guess what they still MIGHT have to face ,the other two contenders, it's real funny how people talk on here, about this matter, and sure we could have done this or that, I'm sure if YOUR team , was the center of all this controversy it will be a different story, it is what is, we've move on we will be ready for them,in about two weeks
Nope. Play in NW Ohio Districts and Super Sectionals. We get no breaks. Doesn't matter if its a home game or not. We have to go through at least two to three teams that deserve to be in the state final four every year by the time regionals hits. Not saying it doesn't suck for you. Just saying that I don't feel bad. I almost seen our state championship team knocked out in district finals last year. Kalida was that good. Guess I'm part of the crowd that will continually say that we don't deserve all of the love, but NW Ohio (and typically 3-4 counties) produce at least 2-3 teams that could win state every year.

For Hiland's sake, if it is that bad, then go to the SW District and bring some ADs and get it fixed. Neutral sites aren't that hard to draw up.

Nope. Play in NW Ohio Districts and Super Sectionals. We get no breaks. Doesn't matter if its a home game or not. We have to go through at least two to three teams that deserve to be in the state final four every year by the time regionals hits. Not saying it doesn't suck for you. Just saying that I don't feel bad. I almost seen our state championship team knocked out in district finals last year. Kalida was that good. Guess I'm part of the crowd that will continually say that we don't deserve all of the love, but NW Ohio (and typically 3-4 counties) produce at least 2-3 teams that could win state every year.

For Hiland's sake, if it is that bad, then go to the SW District and bring some ADs and get it fixed. Neutral sites aren't that hard to draw up.

It could be worse, everything could be like the SW District in d4 and they have closed sectionals and only two get out.

Piqua has 7 teams with winning records including three teams with at least 15+ wins and another two teams with 14+. Only two teams will get out while the Troy Sectional only has 2 teams with winning records....

It could be worse, everything could be like the SW District in d4 and they have closed sectionals and only two get out.

Piqua has 7 teams with winning records including three teams with at least 15+ wins and another two teams with 14+. Only two teams will get out while the Troy Sectional only has 2 teams with winning records....
Columbus Grove, Antwerp, Toledo Christian, Ottoville, Fort Recovery, Parkway, Delphos St. John. Three of the top ten AP. Ottoville, Fort Recovery, and DSJ are considered top 10 in alot of power rankings. Parkway is a MAC school that is extremely hot right now. I'm not even mentioning perennial powerhouses like Kalida, Crestview, and Lincolnview who could make deep runs. I agree. You have some stout numbers there. Not sure anything is comparable to the NW District at this point.

Columbus Grove, Antwerp, Toledo Christian, Ottoville, Fort Recovery, Parkway, Delphos St. John. Three of the top ten AP. Ottoville, Fort Recovery, and DSJ are considered top 10 in alot of power rankings. Parkway is a MAC school that is extremely hot right now. I'm not even mentioning perennial powerhouses like Kalida, Crestview, and Lincolnview who could make deep runs. I agree. You have some stout numbers there. Not sure anything is comparable to the NW District at this point.

i guess my post didn't make sense.....those teams in the piqua sectional--only two of them make it to the district finals.......those are the 3-4 best teams in all of SW Ohio--at least 2 of them won't even play for a district title.

Antwerp--Toledo Christian--DISTRICT FINAL
Grove--Ottoville/DSJ--DISTRICT FINAL
Fort Recovery--MAC SCHOOL--DISTRICT FINAL.

My point is that at least 3 of the best NW Ohio teams will be in the regional. That won't be the case in the SW. 3 of those 15+ wins aren't even going to make the District Final.

i guess my post didn't make sense.....those teams in the piqua sectional--only two of them make it to the district finals.......those are the 3-4 best teams in all of SW Ohio--at least 2 of them won't even play for a district title.

My point is that at least 3 of the best NW Ohio teams will be in the regional. That won't be the case in the SW. 3 of those 15+ wins aren't even going to make the District Final.
Gotcha . Anyone worth noting? Think any deserving of a state nod?

NW Ohio is such a meat grinder...so many good teams haven't made it out over the years. Meanwhile in Central Ohio in Div. IV you barely have to break a sweat until the district finals year after year.

Fort Recovery is in the Wapak district. They go to the Kettering regional....so that makes the situation for the SW district teams that much worse

Fort Recovery is in the Wapak district. They go to the Kettering regional....so that makes the situation for the SW district teams that much worse

you are incorrect. the Wapak district goes north this year....the MAC will be in the BG Regional.

If i had to guess, Jackson Center or the Columbus District winner come out of UD Regional.

you are incorrect. the Wapak district goes north this year....the MAC will be in the BG Regional.

If i had to guess, Jackson Center or the Columbus District winner come out of UD Regional.

You're correct.....one site had the Wapak district winner heading to Kettering. It seemed strange, but I didn't look into it any further. Fort Recovery has got to be one of the 2 or 3 favorites to get to Columbus from BG, at this point I'd probalby put them #1

You're correct.....one site had the Wapak district winner heading to Kettering. It seemed strange, but I didn't look into it any further. Fort Recovery has got to be one of the 2 or 3 favorites to get to Columbus from BG, at this point I'd probalby put them #1
Lol. Antwerp or Grove or Ottoville or Toledo Christian would all be favored. But, Fort will be in the mix.

Richmond Hts will roll their way to the final four and should win it all. It is interesting though that so many of their players were not at Richmond Hts frosh or soph year. Kind of like Luth East.

Athens - Peebles or Grandview Hts
Canton - Richmond Hts
BG - who knows, 5-6 candidates
Dayton - who know, 4-5 candidates (someone from SCAL more than likely)

Athens - Peebles or Grandview Hts
Canton - Richmond Hts
BG - who knows, 5-6 candidates
Dayton - who know, 4-5 candidates (someone from SCAL more than likely)

I would have to say the d4 Final Four will pit....

Grandview Hts vs Wellington---WON'T BE MUCH OF A CROWD FOR THAT ONE

Richmond Hts vs Columbus Grove---EVeryone will be cheering for Grove

3 of the 4 d4 schools in this prediction would have benefited from transfers. Wellington who is very good at that game and Richmond Hts, well we all know the game they play. Then Grandview who got a transfer in from Upper Arlington this year......

There will be alot of columbus grove fans!

3 of the 4 d4 schools in this prediction would have benefited from transfers. Wellington who is very good at that game and Richmond Hts, well we all know the game they play. Then Grandview who got a transfer in from Upper Arlington this year......

Grandview Hts had a nice crowd at BGSU last year, their student section was great.

Last edited:

Grandview Heights has a competitive balance of 0 for this season, and every player appearing their box scores are listed on Arbiter as having played for them last year. So unless this transfer is their #9 player averaging .7 ppg, who cares?

Grandview Heights has a competitive balance of 0 for this season, and every player appearing their box scores are listed on Arbiter as having played for them last year. So unless this transfer is their #9 player averaging .7 ppg, who cares?
Grandview Hts does not have open enrollment.
The transfer from Upper Arlington is move in and a sophomore and has played in all the games and now is starting because of a season ending shoulder injury to a senior starter. The transfer has played in all games but it has been a learning experience for him. He has played very little in some games but lately has been playing more because of stated injury.
It would great to see a Grandview Hts vs Wellington School State Semi Final but it a long way down the road. I know that Grandview will be taking it one game at time- any team any time can play the game of their life and an off night shooting or injury can send a favorite home early. You see it about every year- a unstoppable team gets stopped dead in it tracks.

Last edited: