4. Zanesville Rosecrans
5. Peebles
6. Lucas
7. Richmond Heights (1)
8. Berlin Hiland
9. Toledo Christian
10. Glouster Trimble

Others receiving 12 or more points: Malvern 13

The southern schools are getting a ton of votes! New Boston, Zanesville, Peebles and Trimble, 4 of the top 10.

Meanwhile, Yappi favorites like Grandview Heights, Ottoville, McDonald and Delphos St. Johns getting the snub.

The southern schools are getting a ton of votes! New Boston, Zanesville, Peebles and Trimble, 4 of the top 10.

Meanwhile, Yappi favorites like Grandview Heights, Ottoville, McDonald and Delphos St. Johns getting the snub.
So we can expect whoever comes out if the Southwest to get eliminated. There are some good teams here believe it or not. I think Jackson Center could play with most any team on this list.

So we can expect whoever comes out if the Southwest to get eliminated. There are some good teams here believe it or not. I think Jackson Center could play with most any team on this list.

I agree, I think JC is the favorite in Southwest Ohio. They had Columbus Grove on the ropes Saturday night losing by 2 in overtime. They are my favorites in SW Ohio. Although the AAU Wellington School comes that way.

I agree, I think JC is the favorite in Southwest Ohio. They had Columbus Grove on the ropes Saturday night losing by 2 in overtime. They are my favorites in SW Ohio. Although the AAU Wellington School comes that way.
Jackson Center getting love on the MaxPreps ranking.

Jackson Center getting love on the MaxPreps ranking.

maxpreps is almost useless because the records are never consistent. Some teams have the correct records others don't. Its hard to use Maxpreps as a reliable source becuase of that. but i do believe JC should be getting a ton of credit they are the real deal.

maxpreps is almost useless because the records are never consistent. Some teams have the correct records others don't. Its hard to use Maxpreps as a reliable source becuase of that. but i do believe JC should be getting a ton of credit they are the real deal.
I agree about Max Preps. They have my Lucas Cubs ranked 13th. 18 consecutive conference wins, 17-1 this season with some big wins over:
13-5 - D2 Ontario
15-3 - D3 Norwayne
15-3 - D4 South Central
13-5 - D4 Central Christian
13-6 - D3 Northmor
12-6 - D4 East Knox
I know rankings do not mean anything really, but MaxPreps is sometimes way off. In saying that, the AP is too.

I agree about Max Preps. They have my Lucas Cubs ranked 13th. 18 consecutive conference wins, 17-1 this season with some big wins over:
13-5 - D2 Ontario
15-3 - D3 Norwayne
15-3 - D4 South Central
13-5 - D4 Central Christian
13-6 - D3 Northmor
12-6 - D4 East Knox
I know rankings do not mean anything really, but MaxPreps is sometimes way off. In saying that, the AP is too.

totally agree, I know Maxpreps trys to take in strength of schedule as well. Who knows what formula they use, i know there are 3-4 teams in the top 10 on maxpreps that records are totally wrong.

maxpreps is almost useless because the records are never consistent. Some teams have the correct records others don't. Its hard to use Maxpreps as a reliable source becuase of that.
This.
Missing games. Double-counting games. Games against wrong opponent. Wrong scores.
All reasons that MaxPreps is not reliable for computer rankings.

St Johns has lost 6 of their last 8 and really only has 1 "good win on their record". If they get things back together (they started 10-0) they may make a run, but at this point they have no business being in the top 10. Ottoville is probably deserving. A couple early losses when they had some injuries, but playing very well now.

I had no idea Lucas played that kind of schedule. Wins over Ontario and Norwayne are big for a D4 school. I also think Richmond Heights should probably be in the Top 2 or 3 at worst. They would be undefeated playing any of the top 10 team's schedules.

St Johns has lost 6 of their last 8 and really only has 1 "good win on their record". If they get things back together (they started 10-0) they may make a run, but at this point they have no business being in the top 10. Ottoville is probably deserving. A couple early losses when they had some injuries, but playing very well now.

I had no idea Lucas played that kind of schedule. Wins over Ontario and Norwayne are big for a D4 school. I also think Richmond Heights should probably be in the Top 2 or 3 at worst. They would be undefeated playing any of the top 10 team's schedules.
By most accounts, I believe these are the top D4 teams in the state (no particular order).

Columbus Grove
Grandview Heights
Antwerp
Zanesville Rosecrans
McDonald
Lucas
Richmond Heights
Ottoville
Toledo Christian
Jackson Center
Peebles