D3 State Semi-Final: Thurgood Marshall (12-1) vs. Bellevue (12-1)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marshall scored over 60 in every playoff game. I really don't think that'll continue. But I've never seen a team dominate every single playoff game like this. Marshall wins again.

I think if Marshall is going to win, they need to get up early and big. If they're in a battle at the end of 3, I'll take the Redmen.

Thurgood will win by 2tds at least. If u haven't seen them, buckle up. Only loss was to winton woods at WW. Fumbled on goal line goin in for winning score. Was up 13-0. Sorry bellevue, TM rolls!

You may be correct. However, it seems like less-than-stellar competition with them, and their competition's competition. Bellevue is battle-tested.

I stand by my earlier comment; Marshall does not want this to be a dogfight after 3. They won't know how to react when it's "winning time."

ross fan- You could be right. If the players haven't had to fight for 4 quarters very much, how are they going to react?

ross fan- You could be right. If the players haven't had to fight for 4 quarters very much, how are they going to react?

The loss they took from WW was probably the best thing to happen to them... they have been lights out since and i believe they will know how to respond in a close game should it happen...

I think

The most overlooked part about Thurgood Marshall is that they play stellar defense. The double wing takes time to get use to during the course of the game but you have to at least score with them and then hope to stop them on the back end. WW got behind but not too far behind and once they got a bead on the Thurgood offense they got the opportunity to control the game. Does Bellvue have enough to do that? I like Thurgood Marshall big, and I like them to take DIII this year.

Go Cougars....

You may be correct. However, it seems like less-than-stellar competition with them, and their competition's competition. Bellevue is battle-tested.

I stand by my earlier comment; Marshall does not want this to be a dogfight after 3. They won't know how to react when it's "winning time."

TM is good regardless of competition...I personally wouldn't put stock into that...but that is why we play the game.

The most overlooked part about Thurgood Marshall is that they play stellar defense. The double wing takes time to get use to during the course of the game but you have to at least score with them and then hope to stop them on the back end. WW got behind but not too far behind and once they got a bead on the Thurgood offense they got the opportunity to control the game. Does Bellvue have enough to do that? I like Thurgood Marshall big, and I like them to take DIII this year.

Go Cougars....

Go Ram Nation!!!

Go Cougars....

You need a defensive line that can occupy the Marshall o line and keep them from getting to the second level and keep the linebackers free.. Extremely fast linebackers that can run to the ball once its loccated and a good tackling secondary that can get the runners on the ground when they come up for run support. Good special teams that can win the field position battle. Then you may have a slight chance, especially if Thurgood makes a couple mistakes, but that's a big if. They don't make too many mistakes in what they do.

TM is good regardless of competition...I personally wouldn't put stock into that...but that is why we play the game.

I would; in two prior trips to state, I knew Benedictine and Lake Catholic would be tough for Bellevue to beat not only based on their traditions, but the quality of opponents they've played en route to these games. Having said this, I feel much better about this one than 1996 and 2001.

I would; in two prior trips to state, I knew Benedictine and Lake Catholic would be tough for Bellevue to beat not only based on their traditions, but the quality of opponents they've played en route to these games. Having said this, I feel much better about this one than 1996 and 2001.

No disrespect intended, but WW would roll over Bellevue. Their offense is tailor made to WW strength as is TM strength too. I believe in order for Bellevue to win this game...they must be keep TM balanced, if that defense gets a beat on Bellevue that defense is lights out.

I say all that to say, TM has been tested, that was one helluva game, the atmosphere was electric...TM learned from that loss and it has motivated them for the remainder of the season. Also, their loss last year in the playoffs to state runner-up Shawnee has left a sour taste. I'm not saying TM will roll over Bellevue, I'm simply stating that this team has been tested.

I think if Marshall is going to win, they need to get up early and big. If they're in a battle at the end of 3, I'll take the Redmen.

IF,IF,IF ? So who do you pick to win PERIOD ? You appear to be covering yourself for every outcome. If TM wins big, your covered.If TM loses a close game,your covered. Say who you pick to win period ! I pick THURGOOD MARSHALL to WIN .

IF,IF,IF ? So who do you pick to win PERIOD ? You appear to be covering yourself for every outcome. If TM wins big, your covered.If TM loses a close game,your covered. Say who you pick to win period ! I pick THURGOOD MARSHALL to WIN .

I was wondering the same after reading lol

No disrespect intended, but WW would roll over Bellevue. Their offense is tailor made to WW strength as is TM strength too. I believe in order for Bellevue to win this game...they must be keep TM balanced, if that defense gets a beat on Bellevue that defense is lights out.

I say all that to say, TM has been tested, that was one helluva game, the atmosphere was electric...TM learned from that loss and it has motivated them for the remainder of the season. Also, their loss last year in the playoffs to state runner-up Shawnee has left a sour taste. I'm not saying TM will roll over Bellevue, I'm simply stating that this team has been tested.

As has Bellevue....you don't get to this point in the season without being tested and without being a pretty darn good team. With the exception of Winton Woods, TM has not played a team all year the quality of Bellevue.

As has Bellevue....you don't get to this point in the season without being tested and without being a pretty darn good team. With the exception of Winton Woods, TM has not played a team all year the quality of Bellevue.

I never said that Bellevue has not been tested...I'm just simply stating the fact that don't think TM has not been tested.

Face it... their just that good people!

I thought that's WHY they play the game?

I think this will be a shoot-out - but am leaning towards the boys from Dayton NOT A BLOW OUT ....
Thurgood Marshall 38 Bellevue 31

I was simply presenting how I think each needs to do to win the game.

Okay, I'll take the Redmen. I think this will be tight throughout, and teams that aren't usually in tight games don't want to find out this late in the year what it's like.