D3 Region 11 Predictions

NASHVILLE

Division III, Region 11
16 Columbus Bishop Watterson (5-5) at 1 Granville (9-0)
9 Thornville Sheridan (8-2) at 8 Columbus St. Francis DeSales (6-4)

13 Zanesville (6-3) at 4 London (8-2)
12 Washington Court House Miami Trace (7-3) at 5 Columbus Bishop Hartley (8-2)

14 Bellefontaine (6-4) at 3 Dresden Tri-Valley (8-1)
11 Columbus Beechcroft (7-3) at 6 Mount Orab Western Brown (8-2)

10 Plain City Jonathan Alder (6-4) at 7 Columbus Eastmoor Academy (6-3)
15 Columbus South (7-3) at 2 Jackson (8-2)

Looks like the bottom 8 teams should just be in another bracket. Granville, London, Hartely, Desales(if Thompson can be full go) are in a different league than the other 8 on the bottom.

Round 2

I think we get a rematch of Granville vs Desales
Then we will see London vs. Hartley

Then you got Tri Valley vs. Western Brown and Eastmoor vs. Jackson

Round 3
Granville wins rematch and gets awarded with a round 3 game which most would of loved to see in the regional championship....Hartley
I then think we see Western Brown and Jackson win their respected games

so a Granville vs Western Brown regional final?

I think Bellefontaine and Jonathan Alder shouldn't be counted out yet of snagging a first round upset

Granville if seeds hold will have to go through the entire CCL to get to Regional Final.

If so they are also CCL Champs . LOL

I seen them last year and was very impressed i mentioned to a friend earlier in the year that they could be the best team in the Region.

But it will be no easy task to go through Watterson, DeSales and Hartley 3 weeks in a row. All 3 have played much more challenging schedules and they know each other inside and out. Once Granville gets to Hartley the Hawks will know every detail about them based on how the other 2 CCL teams game planned for them.
They can certainly come out of this Region , but it won't be without some bumps and bruises if the seeds hold up.

Round of 16 the top 8 seeds will win. Maybe Alder over Eastmoor.

Quarter finals
Granville over DeSales
Hartley over London

Jackson over whoever
Brown over Tri-Valley (TV at home so not shocked if they won it, but likely Brown)

Semi-Finals
Granville over Hartley
Jackson over Brown

Finals
Granville over Jackson

Smart money is on a CCL team…….some truly wild picks being thrown around here lol…..central Oh football is better than many realize……goodluck to all teams players coaching staffs and programs….hoping for health and good competition….

There are some Major Elvis Games that will play out Friday Night.
Heartbreak Hotel. Blue Christmas. Good Luck to all teams. No one
Should be surprised if we see the top eight go thru the Jenny Craig Program.
It will get thinned out. Enjoy the Games.

Oh, I think we understand the advantage/privilege that some schools have. But there have been public schools from quality communities that have broken through before. Certainly could be Granville this year...........or Jackson..........or maybe even Tri-Valley again (less likely).

Cosgrove and Herd are both right in my opinion. The smart money is on one of the well tested CCL teams but theres always a team or two from outside of Columbus that can play.

I would like to see a DeSales v Hartley rematch with DeSales now having closer to their full team. Getting some key guys back in the lineup the last couple weeks.

It sucks for Granville because its like getting the D3 version of the GCL gauntlet. Three of the toughest and most talented teams in D3 in the first three weeks, if seeds hold. Even if they don't hold Sheridan was legit last year if they make it through

BW-Granville (GV wins 36-14.)

This was a somewhat sad game to watch. The actual quality of football was ‘OK’, but sad in a somber sense.

Granville looked fantastic through the first half. Watterson by contrast had a lot of issues both ways: offense wasn’t getting hardly anything done; trenches weren’t strong, tackling was poor.

Granville “sans Crouch” looks really suspect offensively in the brief glimpses we saw. Maybe it was situational throttling down, but it wasn’t pretty. The really interesting thing about the second half was what happened at QB for Watty. The QB2 for BW did really well. I think he threw for 5-6 first down passes on the first two drives he was in. Threw a dime, cerebral strike into the endzone on 4th and 7 on the GV ~37 for a Only came in because QB1 had some injury or cramps, couldn’t tell.

No disrespect to the fine folks at Watty, but yeah… kinda makes you wonder what they’re going to do moving forward there. QB1 tonight is going to be a senior with a high-profile dad: good athlete but really not a great passer if tonight’s an indication; QB2 is going to be a junior?

This was a somewhat sad game to watch. The actual quality of football was ‘OK’, but sad in a somber sense.

Granville looked fantastic through the first half. Watterson by contrast had a lot of issues both ways: offense wasn’t getting hardly anything done; trenches weren’t strong, tackling was poor.

Granville “sans Crouch” looks really suspect offensively in the brief glimpses we saw. Maybe it was situational throttling down, but it wasn’t pretty. The really interesting thing about the second half was what happened at QB for Watty. The QB2 for BW did really well. I think he threw for 5-6 first down passes on the first two drives he was in. Threw a dime, cerebral strike into the endzone on 4th and 7 on the GV ~37 for a Only came in because QB1 had some injury or cramps, couldn’t tell.

No disrespect to the fine folks at Watty, but yeah… kinda makes you wonder what they’re going to do moving forward there. QB1 tonight is going to be a senior with a high-profile dad: good athlete but really not a great passer if tonight’s an indication; QB2 is going to be a junior?
High profile dad is all you need to know. This is becoming a tradition at Watty QB….with another on the way next year

It does make you wonder.??? Good points.

Never good to hear about any kid getting injured, but it sucks that the Granville QB went down. Hopefully he is okay for the next game.

I'll add one WB wins this Region , Easiest path to the Finals a juggernaut on Offense they out score anyone from the other bracket including Granville, Hartley , or DeSales .

I'll add one WB wins this Region , Easiest path to the Finals a juggernaut on Offense they out score anyone from the other bracket including Granville, Hartley , or DeSales .
definitely a dark horse that’s capable. i think it’s possible but i wouldn’t bet against a CCL team

I think Jackson gets to the Regional Finals, the Week 4 game against Western Brown was "weird"; 3-4 turnovers for us and we were platooning two kids at QB1 and we all know generally how that works out. We coulda-shoulda-woulda that game IMO; but losing that one and the gift we gave Ironton on the last play of the game probably got us an easier Regional 11 bracket to be honest.

Unfortunate to lose one of the two QB1A & 1B in Week 5 against Wheelersburg as I recall, but made the play calling easier for the remaining QB (Winters) Week 6-11 based on his skill set. I think we can score with Western Brown on the rematch.

Not a typical Jackson offensive team, the physical run game is not historically like what we usually have, but our passing game with Winters and getting kids in space has replaced that. Winters at QB is very likely also our most physical runner combined with a couple sophomores and a freshman.

Defensively we do resemble a typical Jackson team. I like our chances to get to the regional finals, where I think we will see Hartley or Granville. When we get to that point and one of those teams can cover our kids vertically and in space is where we will see how we do, not sure we can run against the Hawks or Aces - hopefully we get the chance to see.

Jackson’s sphincter will tighten up like it always does in the playoffs.
I wouldn’t count Eastmoor as a gimme, well coached and the program has had more success in the playoffs than Jackson ever had.

DeSales getting healthy and Granville not..? Info on QB?
If he’s healthy, still taking Stallions.

If London’s D is as advertised I’ll take the Hawks by 17.

WB throws all over Bellefontaine win by 21+

Truthfully the Granville/DeSales games comes down to whether or not the QB is healthy and how much Thompson can go for DeSales.

Both teams are strong and can win this game, but those two big time players will be key.

Jackson’s sphincter will tighten up like it always does in the playoffs.
I wouldn’t count Eastmoor as a gimme, well coached and the program has had more success in the playoffs than Jackson ever had.

DeSales getting healthy and Granville not..? Info on QB?
If he’s healthy, still taking Stallions.

If London’s D is as advertised I’ll take the Hawks by 17.

WB throws all over Bellefontaine win by 21+
Crouch (Gville QB) is out for the season.

Smart money is on a CCL team…….some truly wild picks being thrown around here lol…..central Oh football is better than many realize……goodluck to all teams players coaching staffs and programs….hoping for health and good competition….
Well I sure was wrong……what a great region……congrats to all victors moving in esp those defeating my predicted ccl conquerrors haha….good luck the rest of the way to all teams….

So anyone want to revise their predictions after Week 1?
Nope. I'm still sticking with Jackson vs Granville in the Regional Finals and Granville taking the title. Obviously it would be more likely with Crouch playing, but Granville still has a talented team.

I guess Londan D is the real deal. Nice win over Hartley. CCL teams are gone. Wow! (and nice :) )

Seriously, any of the 4 remaining teams could win the region. At this point I do not even think there is a favorite.