Very good run down on Division III Central District.(1) Harvest Prep - Well, they are the defending state champs, have to be the favorite to win the district even with a potential match up with the #2 seed Worthington Christian.
(2) Worthington Christian - Has a lot of depth and their PG is a heck of a player. They should make a run to an interesting district championship vs. Harvest Prep. Was also a bit surprised they went to HP's region of the bracket rather than going to the other half.
(3) North Union - Don't know much about them. I know they beat a good London team, and a good Marysville team. Impressive wins. Should be an interesting match-up in the semi-finals with Africentric.
(4) Bishop Ready - Played a tough schedule. The experience of their coach is an added bonus for them. Will have an easy road to the semi-finals, where I think they will play Johnstown.
(5) Africentric - Plays a tough schedule in the city league. That will help them. Should be an interesting match-up against North Union in the semi's
(6) Centerburg - In my opinion the most overrated team of the top 10 seeds. Their conference is down and they still have not locked up that title. When they have played a good non league team , they have been beaten handily with the exception of Heath the first game of the year. Overall, I think a weak schedule, and when they play better teams, not successful. They will get beat in my opinion in their first game by Johnstown.
(7) Johnstown - Played a brutal schedule. Worthington Christian, Grandview, Columbus South, Heath (2x both close games) I don't think their record reflects the talent on their team. Should beat Centerburg at Centerburg in the sectional final. Will have an interesting game with Ready in the semi's. There is something to be said about scheduling tough. While Centerburg is a higher seed and will play at home, I think Johnstown is more tournament ready. Centerburg's coach should take a page out of Johnstown's book.
(8) Northmor - Similar to Centerburg, there is not much to say about their league. Had two close games with Centerburg, that is about it in their league. Did schedule some tough non leagues, with Grandview & Johnstown. Similar to Centerburg, probably a bit overrated. They could win their first game, and end up losing to Worthington Christian in the Semi's.
(9) Amanda Clearcreek - Don't know much about them, or most of the teams they play. Regardless I believe they will have a short run, getting beat in the first round.
(10) Fredericktown - Similar to Centerburg and Northmor they play in the weak KMAC. They've been an up and down team. Not sure how to read them. Played Centerburg earlier and won, and have scheduled some tough non league opponents. But also have some bad losses on their schedule. Could get to the semi's but will lose against Worthington Christian.
Not going to go past the top 10 seeds. I think in the bottom half of the bracket the top 2 seeds will dominate and the championship will come down to those 2.
The top half of the bracket can be really interesting. Teams that have a legit shot to win the district will be - Ready, Johnstown, Africentric, & North Union. Any of the teams outside of those 4 I believe will have a short tournament run.
Good luck to all!