D2 swimming

Josh Fleagle is a swimmer for Auglizer YMCA and recently committed to Ohio State. He is suppose to be a junior but he is home schooled. I really wish he swam high school because he would really give you a run for your money.

This kid has been fast for a long time. I think that he would have won a state title in the 50 as a freshman. He also has a fast 100 and a sub 1:40 200. I thought that home schooled kids could compete for their neighborhood high school even if they did not attend. But I don't have the facts on this one.

Im sure he could if he wanted. He swam up at Miami for a YMCA meet over the weekend and went 20.6 and a 46.3. Also i have talked to him and he got a new coach and training is much more intense for him this year and told me hes going to have a big taper this year. I look forward to seeing how he does.

critasisuim. Your iPhone autocorrect didn't work because you brutally murdered the word criticism. You have to be kind of close for spell check to work. Like with the same number of syllables.

Erik I hope you didn't just call out your downfall. The truly great athletes can find much smaller sources of motivation than your arrogance. You are now the LeBron James of Ohio high school swimming. What you've done, to quote Chris from The Wire, is allow every swimmer to look you in the eye: "You can look him in the eye now. It don't matter who he is, or what he's done, you can look him right in the eye."

Hope you're ready kid.

Josh Fleagle is a swimmer for Auglizer YMCA and recently committed to Ohio State. He is suppose to be a junior but he is home schooled. I really wish he swam high school because he would really give you a run for your money.

I swim against Josh all the time we are really good friends and we go to usa swim meets together all the time he is great competition and I love to swim with him he is a senior this year. He used to be a lot faster then me because he was like 6foot 2 when we were 15 and I caught up this last year and the races are great although I am faster then him now You just never know with Josh he will pop out a fast time out of no where sometimes.

critasisuim. Your iPhone autocorrect didn't work because you brutally murdered the word criticism. You have to be kind of close for spell check to work. Like with the same number of syllables.

Erik I hope you didn't just call out your downfall. The truly great athletes can find much smaller sources of motivation than your arrogance. You are now the LeBron James of Ohio high school swimming. What you've done, to quote Chris from The Wire, is allow every swimmer to look you in the eye: "You can look him in the eye now. It don't matter who he is, or what he's done, you can look him right in the eye."

Hope you're ready kid.

Oh I'm ready :) See you do not know me at all. The only things that you know are based off of these silly arguments on a website I am up for any competition no matter who it is I will stand toe to toe with any swimmer and race them I am confident in my abilities and In my God. I put in all the work that was needed to get to where I am today I earned what i have accomplished and what I will accomplish I am not some arrogant brat as much as you may think I am I will admit my flaws and having a big ego is one of them but it came from my past and how I grew up I was tortured by kids when I was younger and when I found swimming 4 years ago I had finally found something that i was good at and I hope to be great at someday. If you think I am arrogant then I will do my best to correct it so that people look at me in a different light.

See the fact that I don't know you at all bodes poorly for your prospects. I only know of you from your arrogant posts. You act like you are simply very passionate about swimming and confident in your own abilities. You ignore the fact that you denigrated every team and coach in Ohio as being too foolish to make actual training plans or taper properly. Your obvious ignorance regarding the matter only makes your arrogance more distasteful.

Simply admitting your flaws is an inadequate response. Earlier you were humble. Now your flaw is a big ego. Sounds to me like your major personality flaw is being a real bag. Admitting you have a problem is just the first step to recovery.

I'm not here to comment on your childhood past and whether that made you a bag or not. I'm here to tell you to shut up a bit, and realize that not everyone is interested in the grisly details of your made for Disney life story.

Yeah. I'm not going to argue with you obviously do not understand what I have been talking about when it comes to coaching and swimming and it is because you obviously do not no the things that I speak about and most people dont. I am not what you clame I am so think what you want. But I know what I am and so do all of my coaches and supporters and advisers and if I was some arrogant "bag" then they would be telling me that. Enjoy the season. It will be a good one.

Last edited:
See the fact that I don't know you at all bodes poorly for your prospects. I only know of you from your arrogant posts.

You might want to go look at the final results from last summer's Junior Nationals in the 50. His name and his Olympic Trial cut are at the top of the list.

This is a 17 year old kid. Can we just get back to discussing swimming?

You might want to go look at the final results from last summer's Junior Nationals in the 50. His name and his Olympic Trial cut are at the top of the list.

This is a 17 year old kid. Can we just get back to discussing swimming?

Thank you, finally.

That is all I wanted to do on here I am sorry if I came of arrogant in any way. Has anybody been looking at the college meets this year? Arizona qualified all of there varsity swimmers for NCAA and had 77 personal bests at the texas invite WOW!! I think they will be fighting for the NCAA championship this year there depth is amazing they have the most swimmers in the top 30 in the country for EVERY EVENT.

Cool your jets preeder. I knew the impersonal name on the results page, and understood what he was capable of doing in the pool. There is no need to be patronizing. Erik had said I didn't KNOW him, like personally. I agreed and said the brief picture of him I had was unflattering to put it mildly.

No one is stopping you from talking about swimming. Saying "back" to talking about swimming is a very generous assessment of the conversation that preceded this though.

Your efforts to keep the peace have been noted. Now you may fade away. Your initial efforts seem to have allowed the crisis to pass. Now you are becoming part of the problem. You may depart with honor now. Do not nurse a grudge. There is no enemy left to fight. In this absence, do not allow yourself to become the enemy,

Based off of psych sheets it is apparent that Lima Shawnee has stacked all 3 relays. Risolvato in only the 100 fly? I figured he would have swam the 50 free for sure. Hopefully he leads their relay off to try and go sub 20 flat start.

I think that you make some great points that I might try to tie back to D2 vs D1 high schools. You can not overlook the academic side of the scholar athlete scenario. Great swim times will get you noticed and recruited, great grades and test scores will get you into a college and keep you eligible to compete. I can not image that there is a college coach who does not look at your times, test scores and high school coarse work when evaluating you for a position on their team. Some of the best high schools in Ohio academically may also be smaller D2. Some of the D1 private high schools place >90% of their graduates into college. We are personally right in the middle of a D1 swimmer learning the challenges of carrying a full course load in a difficult major, swimming full time, traveling to meets while dealing with first time room mates, laundry and getting some sleep in during the week.

Look at what it takes to gain admission into OSU now, a public university. A 25 ACT composite is borderline. How about Northwestern, 30 ACT to be in the 25% of admissions. OR, a good swim school Auburn, a 26 is the 50% admission score.

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.co...isolvato-Headed-to-Indian-River-State-College

PHOENIX, Arizona, November 19. SWIMMING World five-star Erik Risolvato ran into some academic qualification issues en route to swim for the University of Arizona after committing to be a Wildcat in September. Arizona's loss has now become Indian River State College's gain, as Risolvato informed Swimming World today that he is headed to Florida with the intent to join Arizona after his junior college career.

I did see that online the other day. A great example of how important what you do in school is; no matter how great of an athlete you are.

All coaches should share this story with their teams.

I would love if my story was shared with as many kids and teams as possible. I didn't think that this would happen to me I was so focused on swimming fast that I didn't focus on my grades enough. I wish I had listened to the people telling me that my grades were important. This has been an amazing experience over the past couple years and I'm not upset with where I'm at god gives everyone challenges and ill take this one and push forward. Indian river has what I need for now and I'm looking forward to earning my scholarship at Arizona. I wish everyone a great season.