D2 State Semi-Final: New Albany (11-2) vs. Trotwood-Madison (11-2)

Who wins?

• New Albany by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NA really should have beat them much worse....faltered twice inside 7 yard line. They were a little flat after a huge emotional win over Tri-Valley the previous week....

New Albany

Where exactly is New Albany? The QB is going to Ohio State. That should tell you we are in for a treat of a game.

Where exactly is New Albany? The QB is going to Ohio State. That should tell you we are in for a treat of a game.

New Albany is a bit NE of Columbus just down Rt. 161 from the Easton Town Center shopping mall. It's a rather affluent community that started to grow maybe 10-15 years ago when billionaire Les Wexner and the Limited Corp. started throwing some money around.

New Albany was a DV school as recently as 2002 and shot up to DII by 2007.

New Albany is very well coached...get a ton out of what they have to work with. Surprisingly physical, which you might not expect from that type of community. That leads back to being well coached.

Darron Lee is there best player. He's the QB and safety and is 6'3 and fast, going to Ostate as athlete.

Does he rely more on his legs than his arm or is he deadly throwing the ball too? What kind of offense does New Albany run? Like someone said beating marion franklin is something to not overlook. Should be a verry good game and probably come down to which coaches are better at adjusting on the fly.

Here is the schedules of both yeams fron Joe Eitel's site to see who they both played, who they lost to as well as if their losses were to div 1 schools which was the case.

New Albany 2012
Date.........Team........W-L..Div:Reg... Score
8/24 A Reynoldsburg (7-3).[1:3] L 9-10
8/31 H Westerville Central (7-3)[1:3] L 20-23ot
9/7 A Columbus St Francis DeSales (5-5) [3:10] W 56-22
9/14 A Olentangy Orange (6-4) [1:3] W 53-33
9/21 H Franklin Heights (2-8) [2:7] W 66-14
9/28 A Delaware Hayes (3-7) [1:3] W 26-13
10/4 H Olentangy (10-1) [1:3] W 33-14
10/12 H. Big Walnut (6-4) [2:7] W 17-6
10/19 A Watkins Memorial (2-8) [2:7] W 34-7
10/26 H. Mount Vernon (5-5) [2:7] W 38-14
11/2 H # Beechcroft (8-2) [2:7] W 25-6
11/9 N # Tri-Valley (11-0)

Trotwood-Madison 2012
8/26 N University School (FL) (8-0) [3:0] L 14-33
8/31 H Dunbar (5-5) [3:12] W 63-0
9/6 A Wayne (7-4) [1:4] L 14-21
9/14 H Kettering Fairmont (2-8) [1:4] W 52-6
9/22 A West Carrollton (3-7) [2:8] W 20-0
9/28 A Piqua (5-5) [2:8] W 42-0
10/5 H Greenville (1-9) [2:8] W 62-12
10/12 A Troy (4-6) [1:3] W 42-14
10/19 H Sidney (4-6) [2:8] W 75-7
10/26 H Butler (6-4) [2:8] W 27-3
11/2 A # Mount Healthy (9-2) [2:8] W 48-0
11/9 N # Winton Woods (8-3)

NA really made some major personal changes in Week 3, which turned their season around. They fumbled inside the 15 with under a minute left in the Reynoldsburg game and led 14-3 in the fourth against Central before falling in OT. Two nice RB's, both over 1000, but neither started until week 3.

Darron Lee is there best player. He's the QB and safety and is 6'3 and fast, going to Ostate as athlete.

How many two way players do they use? How well does the fan base travel? Anyone want to guess on possible locations for this game? So far after reading this thread, i am interested. Like others have said, beating MF got a lot of peoples attention........

Trotwood has to take the Lee kid out of the game. He is the best athlete that they will see this year. If not and he is running around making play it could be interesting, if not T-wood's run game should dominate. Speaking of run game. Good post about best Rb's you ever saw in person on th FB page. I would like to hear who "The" Final Say, thinks is the best he has seen. Ryan Bewer maybe?

Ryan Brewer

Trotwood has to take the Lee kid out of the game. He is the best athlete that they will see this year. If not and he is running around making play it could be interesting, if not T-wood's run game should dominate. Speaking of run game. Good post about best Rb's you ever saw in person on th FB page. I would like to hear who "The" Final Say, thinks is the best he has seen. Ryan Bewer maybe?

Might have been the best running back I have seen but someone who was close to him if not better than him was Trotwood's Antwan Gilbert. He was shifty with great hands, incredible quickness, really had average speed but was very durable. I will say that what Isreal Green has done over the past few years has been impressive. Terry Pogue, from Colonel White was also a beast of a running back in his own right. I will say this Member1, the best offensive line groups I have seen have been this generation of Trotwood offensive linemen. They embody team, community, and they ad the cherry on top of that with a little bit of nasty. I have seen some shots taken at them over these boards, but I would invite anyone who does that to look at Trotwood's rushing numbers and argue that they are not one of the best units.

marv albert (dressed in drag)

Yeah didn't you know they literally replaced all 22 starters:stirthepot:

Couldn't have been the turnovers and muddy field;)

New Albany be ready you may win the game but you will lose the Yappi war with Trotwood:rolleyes:

Or it could have been that they sat 10 or starters. But then again you would have to see things without dare I say, banana filled glasses:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah didn't you know they literally replaced all 22 starters:stirthepot:

Couldn't have been the turnovers and muddy field

Final say is right, they sat ALOT of starters, douglass wasn't even there! That was a r+r game for whoever had ANY injury. Sorry 20-0 wasn't bad enough beating for you!