D2 Region 8: Troy vs. Anderson

TroyTrojan05

Let’s get this started shall we? Have not seen Anderson this year, what should we expect? Also, I have never been to Anderson’s field. Will there be plenty of seating or no?

Anderson is a good team but I'm just not sold on there schedule being that great. I don't mean that to be jerky just mean I don't think they are invincible. I'm rooting for Sidney so of course I will root for Troy too. Seems like Troy has really good coaching that gets good results from there kids. I thnk Troy gets out of Anderson with a win. Didn't these two play last year too?

TroyTrojan05, you are fired up for the post season huh? IMO, Anderson stadium is horrible. Only one side of bleachers. Both fan bases on the same side. Playing field is dark. No parking on school grounds. You'll have to park around the neighborhood. Traffic on I275 is bad. The good thing is there's plenty of decent resturants around.

TroyTrojan05, you are fired up for the post season huh? IMO, Anderson stadium is horrible. Only one side of bleachers. Both fan bases on the same side. Playing field is dark. No parking on school grounds. You'll have to park around the neighborhood. Traffic on I275 is bad. The good thing is there's plenty of decent resturants around.

Yes I’m pumped. You’ll have to forgive me, other than last year it’s been some time since I’ve been able to have post season talks about Troy.

Are you serious? I have seen Anderson a few times but never at Anderson. How can a DII school have a stadium that everyone sits on the same side. That is awful!

Yes I’m pumped. You’ll have to forgive me, other than last year it’s been some time since I’ve been able to have post season talks about Troy.

No need to apologize. This is an exciting time. Enjoy supporting your squad. The Anderson QB has to be accounted for by an athletic defense.

Are you serious? I have seen Anderson a few times but never at Anderson. How can a DII school have a stadium that everyone sits on the same side. That is awful!

It is God awful. Turpin is the same. Glen Este was too. If you like to sit at the 50 yard line you'll have Anderson right next to you on your left, unless they have so many fans that they force Troy fans further down.

the other side falls off to a ditch, woods, and houses.....best get there early since not a lot of standing room either

The stadium is much better than this thread is suggesting.

Yes the stands are on one side but they go from the 10 to the 10. On the Anderson end there is an upper section that allows for more seating. There will be plenty of room. The stadium has hosted D1 playoff games and multiple Anderson-Turpin games and there is never an issue.

There has been significant construction at Anderson this year which has changed things a little bit, but there is in fact parking at the school. Once that is gone there is a large lot at the former Kroger adjacent to the property which means you’d have to walk, but I’ve found that it isn’t any different than the walk I had to make last year at Troy.

As for the game, the Anderson you saw last year is largely the Anderson you will see this year. Almost everyone is back from that offense. It is clearly their calling card. People are quick to write off the defense but they’ve been able to make key stops this year and help out the offense. Teams that gave Anderson trouble were able to run and keep the ball and the clock moving. They also were able to capitalize when Anderson wasn’t clicking offensively.

When the offense is clicking, it’s relentless. They averaged 43.3 points and 509 yards a game.

Hosted D1 playoff games, what??? You mean when Anderson was D1 and got a first round home game? The stadium is horrible. Is the upper section new?

The stadium is much better than this thread is suggesting.

Yes the stands are on one side but they go from the 10 to the 10. On the Anderson end there is an upper section that allows for more seating. There will be plenty of room. The stadium has hosted D1 playoff games and multiple Anderson-Turpin games and there is never an issue.

There has been significant construction at Anderson this year which has changed things a little bit, but there is in fact parking at the school. Once that is gone there is a large lot at the former Kroger adjacent to the property which means you’d have to walk, but I’ve found that it isn’t any different than the walk I had to make last year at Troy.

As for the game, the Anderson you saw last year is largely the Anderson you will see this year. Almost everyone is back from that offense. It is clearly their calling card. People are quick to write off the defense but they’ve been able to make key stops this year and help out the offense. Teams that gave Anderson trouble were able to run and keep the ball and the clock moving. They also were able to capitalize when Anderson wasn’t clicking offensively.

When the offense is clicking, it’s relentless. They averaged 43.3 points and 509 yards a game.

That’s what Troy does. Run the ball and chew clock. Their game plan will be relying on a heavy run game, control the LOS, and play sound defense.

Yes, when Anderson was D1 and hosted playoff teams that also traveled well, it was fine.

Truthfully, most Anderson-Turpin games draw bigger crowds than most playoff games and it’s fine. Those people aren’t driving 65 miles, either. The traveling crowd isn’t going to break the stadium. And if needed, they’ll add seating in each end zone.

The upper section isn’t new, it was there before, but it was all renovated when they redid parts of the stadium and moved light poles. No clue where you are getting any concept that the field is dark either.

Troy, I can’t guarantee youll like the result of the game but the stadium will be fine.

Hosted D1 playoff games, what??? You mean when Anderson was D1 and got a first round home game? The stadium is horrible. Is the upper section new?

Don you are correct regarding the stadium. Volnek is an anderson slappy-he may have worked there at one time. Horrible seating and not nearly enough for a big crowd. Parking is abysmal.
I saw AHS play twice this year. Offense is indeed good but the level of competition in that league was the worst I have ever seen. By all accounts they are not in the same universe as Winton Woods or Lasalle..

Yes, when Anderson was D1 and hosted playoff teams that also traveled well, it was fine.

Truthfully, most Anderson-Turpin games draw bigger crowds than most playoff games and it’s fine. Those people aren’t driving 65 miles, either. The traveling crowd isn’t going to break the stadium. And if needed, they’ll add seating in each end zone.

The upper section isn’t new, it was there before, but it was all renovated when they redid parts of the stadium and moved light poles. No clue where you are getting any concept that the field is dark either.

Troy, I can’t guarantee youll like the result of the game but the stadium will be fine.

Lol oh I will love the outcome. And will even more If it’s cold and wet again.

That’s what Troy does. Run the ball and chew clock. Their game plan will be relying on a heavy run game, control the LOS, and play sound defense.

Looking at the stats then it will all come down to that. Can Troy run it with Culp-Bishop and keep the Anderson offense off the field. If Anderson gets a lead, it will be tough to come back on them. I’m just basing that off the fact that Troy didn’t throw for 1000 yards the whole season. So they’re going to need to keep it close and low scoring.

By contrast, Anderson has five guys with more receiving yards than anyone on Troy. Admittedly, that can blow up with three incomplete passes and a punt but the majority of this season, Anderson has moved the ball when it wants to.

Both teams will be well coached. It should be a good game. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised by any result.

Don you are correct regarding the stadium. Volnek is an anderson slappy-he may have worked there at one time. Horrible seating and not nearly enough for a big crowd. Parking is abysmal.
I saw AHS play twice this year. Offense is indeed good but the level of competition in that league was the worst I have ever seen. By all accounts they are not in the same universe as Winton Woods or Lasalle..

Does having worked there make me less knowledgeable? I guess.

Honestly, why are you guys even in this thread? You host your game. Anderson will host theirs.

Troy travels well so this may be an issue

Agree with DMR. Get there early and stake your claim to a seat. Put down blankets, chairs, whatever you can. We were there 30 minutes prior to game time after walking from the Kroger lot, through the school and to the far end of the stadium. Anderson fans were already sporadically stretched from their 10 yard line to our 30 yard line. They really need to section off home and away seating otherwise you're sitting on top of one another. Field is dark; lighting is awful. Concession area above is very congested. Your team will be across the field from you. It is awful. Good luck!

Does having worked there make me less knowledgeable? I guess.

Honestly, why are you guys even in this thread? You host your game. Anderson will host theirs.

I'm on here because I've been to Anderson multiple times and very knowledgeable and honest about what to expect. If it was nice, I would say it's nice.

I’m just saying, maybe trust the opinion of someone that’s been in the stadium four time in the last month and a half over someone that used to come once every other year when their team was in the FAVC.

But hey, do what you like. Is it the best biggest newest stadium? No it isn’t. But I’ve been to tons of games in tons of places and I can say the parking distance is average compared to most and free, which isn’t always the case. And yes, the stands are on one side of the field but you are closer than you are in many other stadiums.

This isn’t the Super Bowl. There will be plenty of room for anyone that shows up.

I’m just saying, maybe trust the opinion of someone that’s been in the stadium four time in the last month and a half over someone that used to come once every other year when their team was in the FAVC.

But hey, do what you like.

I was going almost every year. It's just my opinion but you see how many posters agree with me and how many agree with you. All you are really saying is "the stadium will be fine". Of course it will Troy has no choice but deal with it. The game is not going to be moved because the stadium is crappy.

Regardless, it’s kind of a pointless conversation. Either you are going to come or you’re not. People’s opinions on a forum aren’t going to change that.

I’d much rather talk about the game itself.

The stadium is not he best but not the worse. It is a nice place to watch a game. I do wish they would have put the plan the ad before Scott was trying to get into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stadium is not he best but not the worse. It is a nice place to watch a game. I do wish they would have put the plan the ad before Scott was trying to get into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would tend to agree with this post. The stadium is ok. It's a bit congested. You have to walk a little from the parking area.

Looking at the stats then it will all come down to that. Can Troy run it with Culp-Bishop and keep the Anderson offense off the field. If Anderson gets a lead, it will be tough to come back on them. I’m just basing that off the fact that Troy didn’t throw for 1000 yards the whole season. So they’re going to need to keep it close and low scoring.

By contrast, Anderson has five guys with more receiving yards than anyone on Troy. Admittedly, that can blow up with three incomplete passes and a punt but the majority of this season, Anderson has moved the ball when it wants to.

Both teams will be well coached. It should be a good game. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised by any result.

Troy doesn’t need to throw. If it comes down to that then he’s capable. He’s not like Kotwica from last year but he’s not been asked to be. Without trying to degrade your opponents from this year... trust me when I say this will be the best defense and the best team you’ve faced this year. I’m not worried about being down by many scores.

Troy doesn’t need to throw. If it comes down to that then he’s capable. He’s not like Kotwica from last year but he’s not been asked to be. Without trying to degrade your opponents from this year... trust me when I say this will be the best defense and the best team you’ve faced this year. I’m not worried about being down by many scores.

A potential 2nd round game against Winton Woods and Troy doesn't throw the ball. Oh my.