D2 Region 7 Final : Lake Vs Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon should have a similar agreement with the Fed that Notre Dame has with the ACC. Massillon commits to three Fed games in football and is fully in the league for all other sports.

That idea is mute though because of too much bad blood between the two entities.

The bad blood Is mostly one direction. Massillon applied at least twice and actually campaigned hard to get in. That was all pre-Moore. Now we see what we can be and are without them, and how McKinley has slid. Therefore not a chance in hell they want us now, and the feeling is mutual. We dodged a bullet imo.

The bad blood Is mostly one direction. Massillon applied at least twice and actually campaigned hard to get in. That was all pre-Moore. Now we see what we can be and are without them, and how McKinley has slid. Therefore not a chance in hell they want us now, and the feeling is mutual. We dodged a bullet imo.
Selfishly I’d like to see them in the Fed. But I understand why Massillon wouldn’t want to join nowadays.

Yes. They will.
All anyone has to do in that instance is look at Lake this year, by far the smallest in the league, beating everyone but mck and that game sounded like a fluke and Lake lost it more then mck won it. At any rate with the injuries they had this year they just moved guys around and put backups in and didn’t miss a beat.
So the league as a whole shouldn’t use that as a reason not to beef up the OOC. For me from a Massillon perspective Lake, GO and of course mck are the only teams I believe are worth playing on a yearly basis, the other 4 just don’t bring any competition.

All anyone has to do in that instance is look at Lake this year, by far the smallest in the league, beating everyone but mck and that game sounded like a fluke and Lake lost it more then mck won it. At any rate with the injuries they had this year they just moved guys around and put backups in and didn’t miss a beat.
So the league as a whole shouldn’t use that as a reason not to beef up the OOC. For me from a Massillon perspective Lake, GO and of course mck are the only teams I believe are worth playing on a yearly basis, the other 4 just don’t bring any competition.
https://massillontigers.com/2021/11/20/2021-green-26-Massillon-25/

One game ! CONGRAT ! 😂
Throw parades, build statues, put a banner up or if Green is such a great power then schedule us in a home and home. It won’t happen because your team is playing those tough teams like Akron Ellet and Tallmadge. Get a transfer QB from Hoban and can’t even win a playoff game. 😂😂😂 It just says that 2021 was just a once in a century fluke and now it’s back to mediocrity for years and years.

I disagree. I think the bad blood is both ways with Perry.

I don’t think McKinley’s slide is due to the fed. Joining the FL was a symptom of a bigger problem. No one carried the torch like people do in Massillon.

I disagree. I think the bad blood is both ways with Perry.

I don’t think McKinley’s slide is due to the fed. Joining the FL was a symptom of a bigger problem. No one carried the torch like people do in Massillon.

Bad blood in a fan/rivalry sense but not scheduling sense, or Massillon's administration. Can only ask so many times. And there were very few if any issues with the Perry series, or obviously GO. The ball is in Perry, Hoover, and Jackson's court. I would also be open to a home/away with Lake or Green for that matter, but not hopeful in the least.

One game ! CONGRAT ! 😂
Throw parades, build statues, put a banner up or if Green is such a great power then schedule us in a home and home. It won’t happen because your team is playing those tough teams like Akron Ellet and Tallmadge. Get a transfer QB from Hoban and can’t even win a playoff game. 😂😂😂 It just says that 2021 was just a once in a century fluke and now it’s back to mediocrity for years and years.

Legend also has it, Perry once beat Massillon in the playoffs. Go figure. That was around 23 years ago and still gets brought up. I reckon Green will milk theirs for 30 yrs min, lol. Hey it was a great win they should enjoy it. Our overall record vs. FL speaks for itself. And Green's record, well... I'll be nice.

Last edited:
Bad blood in a fan/rivalry sense but not scheduling sense, or Massillon's administration. Can only ask so many times. And there were very few if any issues with the Perry series, or obviously GO. The ball is in Perry, Hoover, and Jackson's court. I would also be open to a home/away with Lake or Green for that matter, but not hopeful in the least.
I don't think we will ever see the day Jackson or Hoover will willingly schedule Massillon for a game.

It is not an option for Massillon to join. The former AD even offered to take out the trash after all the games and Massillon still didn't get an invite. They know they are not welcome so they go with "we don't want to join anyway". lol
Can you tell everyone how long ago that was with the former AD….Again we don’t want any options and we certainly don’t want to join.

Legend also has it, Perry once beat Massillon in the playoffs. Go figure. That was around 23 years ago and still gets brought up. I reckon Green will milk theirs for 30 yrs min, lol. Hey it was a great win they should enjoy it. Our overall record vs. FL speaks for itself. And Green's record, well... I'll be nice.
It wasn't too long ago the Fed fans were claiming that they, "caught Massillon." Lol, they can be so cute at that stage.

The Fed as a whole doesn't care 1 teensy tiny little bit about football and it shows. If I was a fed admin, and I hated Massillon like I'm assuming most do, I'd schedule them so I could kick their arses....but, I remember the remarks made when Peterson was still at Jackson...."we're not ready for Massillon." Thats a D1 school, in a football crazy part of the state. How many more years until you think you're ready? Lol. It speaks volumes.

"I mean....we've caught up....we're just not ready."

It wasn't too long ago the Fed fans were claiming that they, "caught Massillon." Lol, they can be so cute at that stage.

The Fed as a whole doesn't care 1 teensy tiny little bit about football and it shows. If I was a fed admin, and I hated Massillon like I'm assuming most do, I'd schedule them so I could kick their arses....but, I remember the remarks made when Peterson was still at Jackson...."we're not ready for Massillon." Thats a D1 school, in a football crazy part of the state. How many more years until you think you're ready? Lol. It speaks volumes.

The quotes in this ⏫ post were not said. How slimy do you have to be to misrepresent another person's words.

It is not an option for Massillon to join. The former AD even offered to take out the trash after all the games and Massillon still didn't get an invite. They know they are not welcome so they go with "we don't want to join anyway". lol
That was Tim Ridgley. He was villified for that statement and rode off into the sunset not long afterwards. I said it before and I'll say it again. If you took a vote of everyone in Massillon on whether to join the Fed or not, it would be resoundingly one-sided that they don't. It wouldn't be close. Let me also give a disclaimer that this reflects ONLY on football.

this might be the greatest post in yappi history...."legend has it"..."23 years ago"..."still gets brought up"...lol....I love you Tigers

That was Tim Ridgley. He was villified for that statement and rode off into the sunset not long afterwards. I said it before and I'll say it again. If you took a vote of everyone in Massillon on whether to join the Fed or not, it would be resoundingly one-sided that they don't. It wouldn't be close. Let me also give a disclaimer that this reflects ONLY on football.

True. But at the time. Back then. Some felt different. Yikes. Bullet - dodged. Oh well water under the bridge.

Either way I am SURE we would have been thrown out by now. Sometime after our 10th straight "league championship". That's no fun for anyone. Hey is what it is don't hate. :)

He was also quoted saying this.....

We play at the Division I level and in addition to playing top-notch programs in our leagues, we play some of the best programs in the state, whether it’s Cincinnati St. Xavier or Toledo St. John or Cleveland St. Ignatius,” he said. “If you want to be the best, which is what we’re striving to be, you have to play the best.”

He obviously is not talking about football.

He was also quoted saying this.....

We play at the Division I level and in addition to playing top-notch programs in our leagues, we play some of the best programs in the state, whether it’s Cincinnati St. Xavier or Toledo St. John or Cleveland St. Ignatius,” he said. “If you want to be the best, which is what we’re striving to be, you have to play the best.”

He obviously is not talking about football.

The majority of the fed appear to be content with 6-4/7-3 and MAYBE....a first round playoff win. His statement about "playing the best to be the best" ABSOLUTELY does not include football.

Status
Not open for further replies.